LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce4 440 Go 64M TV-out problems -.-

Guest Caldorean

Guest caldorean

Well I recently bought a HP pavilion zv5000 laptop. Now I'm sitting here clenching my fists over why I can't get the TV-Out function to work properly. I'm using a SVHS -> composit converter and then jack the composit cable into the vido in @ my vcr. Now This SHOULD be working but it aint. I don't get any screen from my computer to my TV.. This is kinda annoying. Does anyone know what to do?

I'm running windows xp pro sp1 and the newest bundle of drivers from nvidia

66-1.93_win2kxp_international.exe <-- that one.

regards Cal

Edited by ®®®

Do you have a TV with S-video input?

If you do, and you get an S-video cable that you know works, and plug it strait up to the TV, does it work?

It sounds like the converter either does not work right, or the laptop is not set up right for the TV output.

You are not the first person to have this problem.

Will investigate this later when I have time, in the meantime, there are a few other threads about TV output on here, you should search for them....

Edit: You are not using drivers from off of nvidias site are you?

You need a driver from here with a moddified INF, and you should have SP2 for XP unless it causes you to have severe problems.

Make sure your TV output is set to Svideo if you are going to use a converter like that.

And make sure it is set for the right TV standard. (PAL, NTSC, ect)

Hope this info helps.

Bill

Guest caldorean

I'm a newb when it comes to drivers ^^ Which one shall I download? And I don't have a TV supporting Svideo so no input for that =(

Using a converter and then plug it to my vcr. Got a stationary with a Radeon 9800pro card in it and it works flawless with the converter I tried for the laptop

Hi, have you checked the force TV-Out checkbox. Give it a try.

tools.jpg

Hello,

I had kind of the same problem with my laptop

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....view=getnewpost

here you can see it (it's a bit long, but those guys helped me good :( thank you agian!! :) )

--> DON'T download the inf that I made (if you haven't the same laptop as I have) because I don't know for sure what it should do on another video card, they are only for the geforce fx go535O or medion md 41300 laptop, because if you use this inf on a different videocard it can damage it (like I had when I was testing it out)

(It work's perfect for the md41300-users so you guys don't need to be scared to download it :) )

have you tried it to connect it with a scart connector (mostly a scartconnector has a svhs pulg on it)

if not, try that first!!!

If none of that works it propably is something with the driver (the inf) like it was with me

to do first:

is to download a driver from laptopvideo2go.com with the inf that is mentioned with the driver!

I think the best driver you can download is the 67.66 driver with the 50.53 inf (you can click the links to download it)

and than installing it (see this link as you say you're a newb when it comes to drivers :( )

if it doesn't work with these drivers you should best post the inf that came with your original driver (I don't know so good how working with/in it, but these other guys do! :P ) You could save them a lot of time by posting that inf here!!

Hopely we/they can help you with your problem as they helped me!!

greetz

Guest caldorean

Ok. Now I've tried with the scart and svhs cable. Still no pic on the ones I had before. Tried out the modde inf file now that you linked but it still doesn't give any signal =(

I don't think my laptop likes me T_T

I've been searching for that one :F Can't find it. And what drivers with special inf file do I need from here? =)
It's in the NVIDIA Control Panel under Tools or Problemshooting (depends on the driver version (60s or 70s).

First thing to do would always be uninstalling the old driver from the Add/Remove Software Control Panel, then rebboot , then install the new driver with the modded INF, then reboot again.

Guest caldorean

Ok. Now I've tried with the force detection. I've tried the drivers that came with the computer, the nVidia detonator drivers from theire page and the drivers from here =( I've tried the svhs into the vcr's 3 different AV inputs and into one of my tellys inputs still no image.. I'm starting to feel like giving up =(

Don't give up, you need to invest some time, uninstall the old driver, use a driver cleaner and then ONLY install v67.66 from here!

Don't mess around with official NV drivers or the HP drivers!

Your whole system seems to be messed up now, cuz you installed drivers from NV, HP and here and it seems that you didnt' properly uninstalled old drivers and even did not install the new drivers from here properly with Pieter's INF.

Pls. Read the instructions on our site again carefully. :)

OK, I think that should be a good option!

Nice and clean computer again :)

Hopely everything works after your format c!

But surely never give up...

With mine it tooked about 2 weeks of testing and stuff and finaly it worked!!!

Guest caldorean

Didn't do the trick -.- :) I'm still not able to use it.. Something is totally wrong.. I'm considering doing a full install with the original xp home *almost pukes* ed and the full recovery dvd -.- That just might work -.-

Edit: driver removed from server.

Like they have mentioned, this page has instructions, and if you watch this video, it will show you how to install the drivers.

http://laptopvideo2go.com/videos/driverinstall.avi (divx vid by me)

Remember to set your TV output correctly. (PAL or NTSC, ect, and s-video)

Guest caldorean

Thanks Bill. I'll try the file you put up and thanks for all the help so far.

Tho. One small problem with the Drivercleaning. Detonator Destroyer wont work on my machine. It says that it's no nVidia drivers are detected or something like that ^^ so I guess your drivers don't count as nVidias :) And I guess it's just to update the driver according to your divx. Correct?

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping...20Notebook%20PC

i think it's this one (that's the page of the hp zv5000 laptop)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...en&cc=us&os=228

and this should be the ph driver page for your laptop

but it seems there are no video drivers or something on it

strange!!

Did you got a support CD with your laptop?? Maby there is a video driver on it, and if there is please post the inf here (these guys know how to work with it!!)

Guest caldorean

Ok. I've now reinstalled my computer back to the standard it was when I got it. Still no TV-out. Looked through recovery dvd after a file called nv4_disp.inf

There is none :F

only inf file is this NVCP.inf and the only nv4_disp.* file I see is a *.dll =/

NVCP.INF

Some machines require you to be connected to the TV when you boot your computer. If that's not the problem, here are the lines you need to add to our infs to make them work with your laptop:

In the [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings] section, add the following three lines:

HKR,, DevicesConnected, %REG_DWORD%, 255

HKR,, EdidOverrideForLinkAndMtEntry,%REG_DWORD%, 2

HKR,, NVZORAN.connector, %REG_DWORD%, 2

In the [nv_ControlPanelSettings] section, add the following line:

HKLM,Software\"NVIDIA Corporation"\Global\NVTweak,NvCplTvFormatDefaultToGeoID,%REG_DWORD%,1

All of those are gleaned from your inf, except for the DevicesConnected line. Let us know if that doesn't solve it.