LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v71.80, v71.81, v71.83, v71.84, v71.85, v71.86, v71.89 XP 32bit | NV/DELL/FUJITSU

®®®

Guest Guest

NOPE, all the rest work fine but this one (71.84) gets redirected to the same page then if you click the 71.84 gives "page not found" error. Can I download from someplace else and just install the .inf file over it? I can get them from GURU3D.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• mobilenvidia

• LSudlow

• Bill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:) you were talking about website, that has been fixed.

Sorry about that, been very busy with this flood of drivers.

You can also DL form this thread the very 1st post has all the info and DL links as well (and I checked them)

Cheers fot the pointer :)

I have a new modded driver for the MEDION MD41300 notebook, but the driver isn't tested yet (because my notebook is in repair now)

There was somebody that asked me for it!

If there are other persons with this notebook and are having problems with this driver, please let me know!!

I will test this driver by myself when I got my laptop back (should be around this weekend)

here it is:

http://www.freewebtown.com/orgus/7184_53xx_only.rar

If you only need the inf you can download it here (it's attached)

I also have a tested and good working version wich you can download from the link in my signature.

nv4_disp.inf

Not yet, we're aware of this driver, but unfortunetelaty haven't added it due to beeing stressed out with other thing. Will add it here soon. :)

Hey Guys

Im new to the boards so bear with me if i ask stupid questions.

I have the new Toshiba M40 which has the Geforce Go 6600 and 71.70 drivers. I have recently been getting an error, something about nv4_disp looping? So i was wodering if i upgrade my drivers if this will go away. So which drivers do i use the 71.84's or 75.90's, which ones will work?(what is the difference?) Oh and if anyone can tell me why im getting that error about the nv4_disp would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Oh and this site rocks!, keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!

No idea why you're getting that message, but the driver I'd start with is 71.84. It's solved problems for a lot of people. 75.90 is interesting but still pretty buggy.

You might find some clues about your looping problem in the 71.84 release notes here.

ok thanks ill do that, but one more thing, what do i do with Pieter's mobile INF modified for v71.84, where do i put it or what do i do with it?

Thanks Again!

Edited by ®®®

"Pieter's mobile INF" is an substitution for any NV INF that is included in the original driver to support for ALL nvidia GPUs (parts/the whole INF is used by a growing community like GURU3D, TweaksRus etc.etc.), means you need to put it into the driver folder of your downloded driver, replacing the original INF and, if present, delete all other *.INF(s)

71.84 has just gone WHQL !

I have updated driver on server with Certificate.

nVidia released an English only version, I have combined the 2 versions and made a full driver which is hopefully still WHQL (not tested)

64bit is coming.... & 9x is also available since 28-FEB@ NV FTP

By the time you read this 71.84 64bit will be on the server. (7184_64bit.exe)

I'll work on 9x version shortly.

Pieter,

Question about the MapOSD3ToNV setting. You have it written in the INF twice. One for the value of 2 and the other for the value of 3. Aren't these settings going to be overwritten by either one or the other?

[MapOSD3ToNV_2]
HKR,, MapOSD3ToNV,                   %REG_DWORD%,    2

[MapOSD3ToNV_3]
HKR,, MapOSD3ToNV,                   %REG_DWORD%,    3
;Enable this for Centrino/Dothan based CPU based laptops
;HKR,, MapOSD4ToNV,                   %REG_DWORD%,    3

I haven't looked at the INF, but it seems to me that these are two different 'profiles' Pieter made, which is what we need here in my opinion.

Profile 1:

[MapOSD3ToNV_2] for the DEV_IDs who need MAPOSD3 set to 2 and

Profile 2:

[MapOSD3ToNV_3] for the DEV_IDs who need MAPOSD3 set to 3.

These profiles will be called from the specific DEV_IDs, probably from a RegAdd call in the INF or something. Everything is looking good to me.

Hmmm, interesting.. ok thank you :)

I did notice the difference subsections they are in, but I thought it might've been overwritten somehow considering it's pointing to the same reg area. :)

Guest The Spectre

I thought that this file was updated to WHQL certified? I had old one installed and just d/led the file again and when I go to install still says NOT certified.....?

Let me summerize what I did in the past few weeks:

1) install 71.80 driver with 30.53 nv4_disp.inf --no problem with standby recovery when MapOSD3ToNV is set to 2.

2) install 71.81 driver with 30.56, MapOSD3ToNV= 2 --cannot recover from standby mode.

3) roll back to 71.80 and try 30.53 again--still cannot recover from standby mode.

Some *dll files are probably still from 71.81.

4) the same 71.80 driver and beta *.inf from

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=6779

--still cannot recover from standby mode.

That is about it.  Something in 71.81 just does not want my laptop to get out of the standby mode.  :)  

Maybe I should try a clean installing of 71.80 from step (1).  I forgot the proper procedure to do this.  Can someone give me some hints?

Thanks.

==========================================

Dell Latitude 810, Pentium III 1.13 GHz, 15" UXGA 1600x1200 IBM

512 MB SDRAM, 20GB Hard Drive, Windows XP Professional [sP2]

FlashBIOS Version A12

32MB NVIDIA GeForce2 Go, NVIDIA 71.8x

Something is horribly wrong with this for me as well.

Somedrivers allow me to have MapOSD3toNV = 2 and 3 with resume working just fine.

Then some drivers will only allow me to resume with it MapOSD3toNV = 3.

I really don't know what to do here, as many need this set to 2 (older machine with older GPU's) and others need this set to 3 like mine and more modern older GPU's.

Look for a section in the INF with this

[MapOSD3ToNV_2]
HKR,, MapOSD3ToNV,                   %REG_DWORD%,    2

Now change the value to 3 and reinstall driver.

This should fix the problem as it happens to me as well.

Like I said either way 50% of folk need to set it either way (2 or 3)

Hope this helps.

Do you know if there is any new driver that actually doesn't give the "green screen" at startup of xp? I want to install a set of drivers for my friend's Inspiron 8200 with a GeForce2 Go.

Pieter? Anyone? How does the 71.84's fair up? :)

Thanks,

John

For me that screen has been popping up since about the 50's series.

I have gotten used to it.

71.84 3DStereo driver also added to this set.

Link to driver here ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/71.84/71.84_3dstereo.exe

Link to 3DStereo Userguide here ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/71.84/7...s_Guide.pdf.pdf

Guest AkaXakA
I have a new modded driver for the MEDION MD41300 notebook, [..] If there are other persons with this notebook and are having problems with this driver, please let me know!!

I have the same machine (albeit with larger hd, but that doesn't matter).

Thanks for your work, I'll test these drivers immediately.

The 71.84 drivers seem ok, I was going to test the stereo drivers (which seem to work) but I don't have any 3D glasses yet, this one place will send me some paper ones for free, and I have sent off a letter to them.

The one problem I am having with this driver and Pieter's mod INF is the TV out is always too big, I will test the OEM ones (dell for me) when I have a chance, and maybe release a modded Dell INF aswell.

I have fixed up a modded Dell INF for the 71.84 driver.

This is a description:

; Bill's INF version 2.82 for NVIDIA Forceware Driver version 71.84
; http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showuser=344
; or here bill@laptopvideo2go.com (wil reply from this email w_flemin@bellsouth.net until I figure out how to send with my laptopvideo2go one)
; This is the Dell INF for Dell laptop users that has Dell settings  but with extra pages and stuff enabled.(except overclocking)
; as well as name changes on GPUs ( for example, GeForce 4 Go instead of Dell 8200)

I have updated it a few times, adding support for the new VRM option, among some other things that needed to be done.

As far as I know, when I install this INF, the control panel has all of the same options that Pieter's INF has, except overclocking.

It also shows all of the pages when you first install it, they are not hidden anymore. :)

If anybody tries this on a newer card than mine that has more pages, and notices some missing, (which I am sure some are) please tell me about it.

This should be the final version unless I need to enable more pages.

Hope you guys like it!

Bill

Update: This INF also has fixed the 1400x1050 screen problem for our user Davis Straub, you can read about it here.

mod_dell_INF_for_7184.zip

So far so good with this driver, sometimes coming out of a fullscreen visualization in itunes, the system tray is initially in the middle of the taskbar rather than the right, and/or the graphics int he taskbar are garbled, but it corrects itself after a second or two.

Can't get windvd 4.0 to work with VMR enabled though, so I guess I am not getting the benefit of the new video driver. Is this supported on geforce4 460? maybe not!

Thanks again for all the great work you guys do!