LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v71.80, v71.81, v71.83, v71.84, v71.85, v71.86, v71.89 XP 32bit | NV/DELL/FUJITSU

®®®

Thanx Pieter for 30.66 performance .

:)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• mobilenvidia

• LSudlow

• Bill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There seems to be a lot of DVD problems with these later drivers.

Must do some testing my self.

Done some testing with 76.10 and WinDVD 6.

With VMR (display props), HW acceleration and colour acceleration enabled (WinDVD settings) I get choppy DVD.

With HW acceleration disabled, colour Acc enabled, VMR enabled DVD's plays just fine.

VMR disabled, HW acc and Colour Acc enabled DVD's play fine.

Now if I re-enable VMR with HW and Colour acc enabled, DVD's play fine where as before it didn't.

This is on a GF2go, I'm not even sure wether this supports VMR, but something seems to happen when I enable it.

Hm

I don't know Pieter.

All i know i can't play any movie at any video format i got.

But in game got some video too & that works.

I waste a good 12 h just to make work & only what realy help was 71.8x drivers , I did not try 71.90 or 75.90 yet , but for sure 76.10 are not workin good enough to keep them.

:)

Guest peridoc

I am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I am trying to upgrade my video driver for my Quadra4 700 GoGL on a SXGA+ 1400x1050 Dell from 56.72 to 71.84 and I am having trouble. I have installed drivers from laptopvideo2go.com before and installed them without any trouble. I downloaded the 71.84 drivers and decompressed them, replaced the INF with the 30.66 version, uninstalled my current drivers and then installed the new ones. After a reboot the screen is not totally showing up. The desktop goes beyond the bottom and right portion of the viewable area (so that the taskbar and startmenu are not visible). When I look in the properties for my display, I see that the driver seems to think that I have a 1600x1200 screen and I can only assume that it is trying to display at that size (even when the display settings are set to 1400x1050). Any ideas?

Thank you very much for any help!

Keith

One thing you could try is installing my modified Dell INF in my post above, and using that one instead of Pieter's, it is basically a Dell INF with extra stuff enabled, so it might have better settings for your screen resolution or something.

Hope it fixes your problem.

I am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I am trying to upgrade my video driver for my Quadra4 700 GoGL on a SXGA+ 1400x1050 Dell from 56.72 to 71.84 and I am having trouble. I have installed drivers from laptopvideo2go.com before and installed them without any trouble. I downloaded the 71.84 drivers and decompressed them, replaced the INF with the 30.66 version, uninstalled my current drivers and then installed the new ones. After a reboot the screen is not totally showing up. The desktop goes beyond the bottom and right portion of the viewable area (so that the taskbar and startmenu are not visible). When I look in the properties for my display, I see that the driver seems to think that I have a 1600x1200 screen and I can only assume that it is trying to display at that size (even when the display settings are set to 1400x1050). Any ideas?

Thank you very much for any help!

Keith

Edit the INF and in the [Mobile_Tweaks] section add this line:

HKR,, Override1400x1050,             %REG_DWORD%,    2

Uninstall driver then reinstall with the above change.

The 1400x1050 can sometimes give problems.

Hopefully this will fix it, or it might be a screwed up EDID in the driver which is more complicated to fix.

Guest peridoc

mobilenvidia,

I edited the INF file with the code you supplied, but had the same results. Is there a better driver version that I could try that would work with my display?

I might give the Dell INF a try Bill, thanks.

Keith

One of the easiest tests of VMR that I know of is to play a movie in a smallish window, then use your mouse to drag the window around the desktop a bit. If VMR is working, the video image will move immediately and smoothly, as if it were solidly attached to the player window. If you are in overlay mode, the movie image will lag a bit behind the "frame" as you drag it around, and will take a moment to center itself again.

There aren't many picture quality differences between VMR and Overlay mode, but VMR9 will do a better job of deinterlacing than either overlay mode or VMR7 (just plain VMR), especially where there is motion that would cause blurriness between two frames.

VMR9 is very hardware intensive and you might see some choppiness or lag when it's enabled, which would go away when you switch back to Overlay mode.

VMR is spannable and more easily displayed in DualView setups than Overlay Mode is. If you can't get video to display on an external monitor in overlay mode, try VMR.

Those are most of the differences you might look for (especially the window-dragging test). VMR does a lot of stuff behind the scenes that provide more flexibility and capability for media player developers, game designers, etc. etc.

Eh....Larry's :) (LSudlow, 2 posts above yours)

Unfortunately, mine won't work with an 8200 without some modification... Currently it only works with the Inspiron 5150 and 5160.

Guest peridoc

Doh! So I guess that means that I am stuck with the 56.72 version? Maybe I will get daring and try some of the 6x.xx drivers. I was really hoping that the latest release would work. Hmm....

You could try posting your working INF and we could see what we could do with it.

I think it might just be this driver too, as I am having res problems on my TV output....

Try the driver and INF in my sig, do they work just fine?

Other 67s to try would be the 67.6x series, and maybe the newer 67s too, although I have not tried them yet.

The 67 series are mostly good drivers, you probably don't really need the 70 series just yet, unless you want that new VMR option or something.

The other 71 drivers might be good for your to test as well.

Guest peridoc

Well, I tried the 67.50 drivers as you suggested from your signature, but I had the exact same results. The driver thinks my screen is a 1600x1200 monitor and the screen goes off the viewable area on the bottom and right.

I have attached the INF of the 56.72 drivers that I am still using as you suggested and I think they came from this website a while ago. I really am just looking to improve my performance and as I had not upgraded my drivers in a long time I figured the most recent release from NVidia would be good.

I really appreciate the help.

Keith

5672_nv4_disp.inf

Guest Mr. Tao

When I read this thread and saw so much complaints about standby/resume problems I decided to add my observations.

I use 71.84 and this release (probably complete 71.x serie) is best so far. Contrary to other users of this board experience, these are first in long time which solved problems with standby/hibernate on my machine. (With previous versions I also changed MapOS3DtoNV, but even with this setting modified, approx. 1/3 of resumes from hibernate ended with bluescreen ? with 71.84 it's past!

There is one issue: I can't use external monitor with these drivers as connected monitor is not recognised :) (actually I don't remember any, except original one directly from Acer (31.xx if I'm not mistaken, but they are terribly slow) which worked). Other users of TravelMate 630 series experience similiar problem.

When I read this thread and saw so much complaints about standby/resume problems I decided to add my observations.

I use 71.84 and this release (probably complete 71.x serie) is best so far. Contrary to other users of this board experience, these are first in long time which solved problems with standby/hibernate on my machine. (With previous versions I also changed MapOS3DtoNV, but even with this setting modified, approx. 1/3 of resumes from hibernate ended with bluescreen ? with 71.84 it's past!

There is one issue: I can't use external monitor with these drivers as connected monitor is not recognised :) (actually I don't remember any, except original one directly from Acer (31.xx if I'm not mistaken, but they are terribly slow) which worked). Other users of TravelMate 630 series experience similiar problem.

Acers and Dell's have a really odd way they handle external devices and they rarely work on all machines.

They must come with specially modified driver to handle the external devices (to allow for non standard TV-encoders ?)

Also what setting of MapOS3DtoNV works for you, 2 or 3 ?

I'm considering making 3 default again, as 9550 Solo's and C810's need it to be 3 as 2 no longer works.

Guest Mr. Tao
Also what setting of MapOS3DtoNV works for you, 2 or 3 ?
I use MapOS3DtoNV = 3
Acers and Dell's have a really odd way they handle external devices and they rarely work on all machines.

They must come with specially modified driver to handle the external devices (to allow for non standard TV-encoders ?)

Acer recently released new BIOS andl LaunchManager Utility to fix some external display swithing issues with XP SP2, but doesn't seem to have any effect on this problem.

Guest Tempest3D

Hi all, I currently have the "Black Screen With Drivers Above 61.77" Referenced here: Forum.

Has anyone tried these newest drivers with this problem? I have even tried the 65.xx drivers, and the only ones that work are 61.77. Id really like that big perfromance jump eveyone is talking about. =)

-Tempest3D

P.S. - Laptop is a Vaio PCG-GRT170 with a FX 5600 go

Guest peridoc

I figured out how to get the 71.84 drivers working on my Dell with a 1400x1050 screen with the help of tentonine from the Dell Support Forums. He had me add this line to the INF file in the nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings section to help it recognize my proper screen:

HKR,, OverrideEdidFlags0, %REG_BINARY%, 3A,C4,00,00,00,00,FF,FF,04,00,00,00,36,12,30,2A,78,20,51,1A,10,40,30,70,13,00,31

E4,10,00,00,18

Just thought I would give an update. Thanks for the help.

Keith

Ahh that's right good ol' Tentonine has a SXGA screen as well, glad he got it sorted.

How about you start a new thread, something lke 'Dell SXGA fix' and explain the fix from Tentonine then I'll sticky this.

Put it in the Support section, then others can also use this very handy little fix.

Thanks for getting back to us, and give Tentonine a pat on the back from us :)

Guest peridoc

I will gladly do this. Although I am not sure I can explain what the fix does other than how I explained it here. I know very little about this stuff, but I am good at plugging in fixes! :)

Thanks.

Doesn't matter, just say what ever Tentonine told you on how to fix it.

That command just over writes the EDID that is being misread with the proper settings.

All that really matters is that it works :)

as of INF v 30.67 I have added this to the INF

;Dell I8200's with a SXGA+ screen might need this EDID fix to enable proper screen sizing, just remove the ';' and reinstall driver
;HKR,, OverrideEdidFlags0, %REG_BINARY%, 3A,C4,00,00,00,00,FF,FF,04,00,00,00,36,12,30,2A,78,20,51,1A,10,40,30,70,13,00,31
E4,10,00,00,18

so all you have to do is remove the ';' from infront of the settings and then install.