LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v71.80, v71.81, v71.83, v71.84, v71.85, v71.86, v71.89 XP 32bit | NV/DELL/FUJITSU

®®®

Guest RichBenn

Hi!

I installed the 71.84 64 bit XP-64 driver on a Compaq R3000Z (AMD-64 3000+ with 440Go video) and it works great except for one item -- the screen stays black after resuming from "suspend". However, it does come back from Hibernate (save to disk). Any ideas? Could it be something in the .inf file or do you think this is an nVidia or XP-64 problem?

BTW, problem occured on the previous 64 bit nVidia release (forgot version) I downloaded here...

Thanks,

Rich

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• mobilenvidia

• LSudlow

• Bill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

in the INF you downloaded from here, change the value MAPOSDtoNV from 3 to 2 or the other way around.

look for this line in the INF

[MapOSD3ToNV_2]
HKR,, MapOSD3ToNV,                   %REG_DWORD%,    2

now change it to 3.

Unistall driver then reboot.

Reinstall driver and reboot again.

Now you should have a working 'Resume' :)

MapOSD3ToNV will defintly be defaulting to 3 from now on.

Since I changed it to 2, nothing but hassles, I think more folk need it to be 3 then 2 (including me)

Guest Problem working with Quadro4 700

So I installed this along with the newer versions and they cause my laptop to think its LCD monitor is about 1" bigger than it is! I can't see the toolbar any more nor the left, right, or top of any windows lol... I had to go use some old drivers to get it back working.

Dell inspiron 8200

Hello, can you provide some more specs please and when you have run THIS tool you could post it in a new thread in the Support section :)

has anyone here noticed that half life 2 sees there gpu as a dx8 rather then a dx9? mine does frames are really good like 50 -100 with med and shaders on high with trillnear filtering running at 1280X768, anyway just curious

niTz

Guest Cheetah
I've test it it doesn't worked ;(

The following Error appereas: The Nvidia SEtup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit :)

Thx for your fast answer

I get the same error "could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware", just asking how to go about setting up the inf. Plz help. ty.

Copy our inf into the same folder where you've extracted the driver files, overwriting the original inf. Then use the "Have Disk..." method of installation. (Instructions can be found here.

Guest Joe Michigan

Hi I recently changed to the 71.84 with Pieters inf. from the 71.50's I was running. My card is a Go5700 128mb. Everything is working fine except 1 thing as of now.

When I launch Counter Strike 1.6 now the window opens and I see the game loading up...it appears to hang...then the window closes. That's it. No game. Half Life 2 runs just fine so I'm confused. The game ran fine before the move to 71.84.

The error log generated is:

Error:Failed to load dialog file Resource/UI/ClassMenu.res

Function trace:

CGameUI::Start

CGameUI::Initialize

CBaseUI::Start

CBaseUI::Initialize

Host_Init

CFileSystem_Steam::Mount()

Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Guest Joe Michigan

I just found out (on the Steam Support site) that the ClassMenu.res error isn't the reason the game is loading...hanging...then closing. Any help on why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.

What Laptop?

What information are in ClassMenu.res? Is it corrupted? If so, then reinstall the latest update for CS where hopefully this file gets replaced with a proper working one.

Guest Guest

The laptop is a HP ZD7000 P4 3.2 EE, 1 Gig RAM, 128 mb Go5700 running the new 71.84's from this site with the modded inf.

I found out that the error I reported in the above posts is not the cause of my problems. I found the fix for it (ClassMenu.res) and applied it and I still have the problem.

I deleted CS and reinstalled it, updated it, and it still hangs. I tried running it in compatability mode(win98/me mode) and it will stay on the main menu screen but I can not see the menu itself, just the graphics in the background. Half Life 2 loads and plays just fine. Any ideas before I go back to the 71.50's I was running.

hey

Well i have the same problem i guess.

I have a gforce fx go5300

when i load cs zero condition, the screen will flikker to the cs background but it says the following error

drivers components mis match. exit is the only option

what 2 do ?

i installed it 4 times allready

i had the same thing with the quitting make a new profile

and uncheck antilasing antistropic turn vertical sync on extension limit is off on mine dont know if it does anything hardware excel is on trillinear optim is on antrispoic mip filoter is on, antrispitrc sample is on and negative lod bias is set to allow and on

those settings let me run hl1 games with out them quiting and streaking

srry for the bad speeling missing spaces rushing to finsh a eng final essay due tomorrow :)

The laptop is a HP ZD7000 P4 3.2 EE, 1 Gig RAM, 128 mb Go5700 running the new 71.84's from this site with the modded inf.

I found out that the error I reported in the above posts is not the cause of my problems. I found the fix for it (ClassMenu.res) and applied it and I still have the problem.

I deleted CS and reinstalled it, updated it, and it still hangs. I tried running it in compatability mode(win98/me mode) and it will stay on the main menu screen but I can not see the menu itself, just the graphics in the background. Half Life 2 loads and plays just fine. Any ideas before I go back to the 71.50's I was running.

also for "Bobo":

Maybe a bad driver upgrade procedure? Or CS needs a fix for 71.84.

Or try The Nitz' hints.

:)

i added your finding to the first post

Guest Frightnen

Hello all,

I was running the 66.93 drivers for the longest time with no problems, just stopped by and picked up the 71.84 drivers. Now I seem to have lost a number of resolutions to choose from in the display control panel. Since my screen is a widescreen I tended to use 1280X960 for the least amount of distortion. Now with these newer drivers I can't choose that resolution. I've tried all the .inf's that were available except the 5150(?) one. Is there something I can enter or change in the .inf file to get this resolution back, or will I have to go back to those older drivers?

Thanks

Dell Inspiron 8500

WUXGA

nVidia FX Go 5650 128mb

1280x960 is definitetly available in Pieter's inf, so something must be blocking it.

Use Pieter's inf for 71.84 and try two things:

- Change the "UseBestResolution" line to 0

- Remove the ExportOEMDefaults line.

(Do a text search for those strings if you can't find them.)

If this doesn't work, try reverting back to an older driver to verify that you can still select that resolution. That will give us something else to go on.

Guest Frightnen

I tried both of your suggestions, but neither worked. I installed the 76.41 drivers and they gave me the lost resolutions back, but I'm not sure that these drivers are as reliable as the 71's. Most people like that set. Anyways, I tried comparing the .inf's for any differences when it comes to resolutions, but since I don't know much about .infs I couldn't find anything obvious. If you happen to find what's missing please let me know. Thanks.

I must be something specific with 71.84 because the inf for 71.84 and 76.41 are virtually identical. This isn't unusual. We frequently see features working with some drivers and not with others.

If 76.41 is working for you, I recommend keeping it. Although it doesn't work for everyone, it's a very good driver. I'm using it myself.

pretty odd considering i have almost exactly the same setup and 71.84 works