LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v71.80, v71.81, v71.83, v71.84, v71.85, v71.86, v71.89 XP 32bit | NV/DELL/FUJITSU

®®®

Guest Frightnen

An update to my missing resolutions...

After installing the 76.41's I tried running 3DMark just for kicks and it ran like molasses. I thought that was weird, so then I opened up Command and Conquer: Generals and the frame rate was real slow on that as well. This kind of freaked me out so I decided to go back to 66.93. I was again missing my extra resolutions, even though I had them the last time these drivers were running on my machine. Then I noticed that there was a step in the install process of both 71.84 and 66.93 that wasn't in 76.41. In the two with missing resolutions, during the install process I have to point to the extraction folder for nv4_mini.sys. If I click cancel when it askes for this file, I get the missing resolutions on both drivers. I'm not sure if I'm crippling my drivers by clicking 'cancel' or not, yet. Anyways, I'm off to test graphics with the drivers now. Sorry about such a long explanation. Thanks for the help.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• mobilenvidia

• LSudlow

• Bill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the update. Let us know how the testing goes!

:)

Guest Jordan van Bergen

71.84 64bit link(s) not working..... THe links to the 71.84 .nfo en .inf files are not working. Where to get those 2 files?

I would love to get my Acer Aspire 1522 laptop up and running with x64 windows version. Everything is working except the Nvidia GeForce Go 5700. Hopefully using the 71.84 64bit .inf en .nfo file I'm able to get it to work, but saddly these links don't work, 404 not found.

Regards

Jordan van Bergen

jordanvanbergen@gmail.com

Sorry Jordan, link was broken, should work just fine now.

Hi

nVidia released the 71.89 driver yesterday, it's a WHQL certified version, and you can download it from the original nVidia site.

Can I use the mobile inf that was made for the Fujitso driver (Actually, I thinks so, but there could be that there are some special modifications, I don't know!)

Greetz & thx,

Jeroen

Yes, it will work fine. However, you might not need to do it. The files are the same as ours (minus the WHQL certificate), so if you've already downloaded from here you're all set.

Uploaded new nVidia version, a little larger as more files included.

OK thx, I've installed them and they're working perfectly!

I've attached the modded inf for the MEDION MD41300 users (I don't know if there are any others here) The only modification is the TV-out support, and removed all other gpu's that you can't use this inf on another gpu :)

nv4_disp.inf

Guest The Spectre

Getting CRC Error when unzipping the file 71.89;

0 F:\HP zd7000 Updates\nVidia Drivers\7189

1 CRC Failed in '7189\nvsysrot.dll' file is broken.

2 CRC Failed in '7189\nvwddi.dll' file is broken.

Fixing this now :)

Problem occured while compressing.

New version up very shortly.

Guest raphka

ok ... it says .... nvidia installation could not detect hardware etc.... wiht the moded inf in instalation folder ...

DUDES im pulling my ###### hair out ....PLZ HELP :) :P :(

Im also having .. screen distortion when i alt tab out of games not always ....

if it is possible i would like to know how to remove all display and video crd drivers cause i think that ma be causing problem from hp installation of os ...

Also ...

File open at 22:00:56 04/21/05

-----------------------------------------------------------------

- LaptopVideo2Go.com (D.I.R.T.) Display Information Retrieval Tool

- Build Date: Feb 8 2005

Retrieving Display Information...

<!> Failed to bind to NvGetDisplayInfo.

Other Values...

- Display State : Single-Display

- FP Native Res : 1680 x 1050 pixels

- Battery Level : Maximum Power Savings

- AC Level : Maximum Performance

<!> Failed to bind to NvCplGetThermalSettings.

Color Correction Values...

- Digital Vibrance Level ( 0 - 63): 0

- Gamma Level ( 0.5-6.0): 1.00 1.00 1.00

- Brightness Level (-125-125): 0 0 0

- Contrast Level (-82 - 82): 0 0 0

- Sharpness Level ( 0 - 21): getsharpnessvalue 0

- Normalized Brightness Level ( 0.0-1.0): 0.50 0.50 0.50

- Normalized Contrast Level ( 0.0-1.0): 0.50 0.50 0.50

- Normalized Sharpness Level ( 0.0-1.0): get_normalize_sharpnessvalue 0

File closed at 22:00:57 04/21/05

more specs for LaptopVideo2Go

-----------------------------

[21/04/2005 - 22:00:57]

[Microsoft Windows XP - Service Pack 2]

[2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519]

VideoBiosDate: 07/09/04

VideoBiosVersion: Version 4.36.20.31.C3 \0Version 4.36.20.31.C3 \0Version 4.36.20.31.C3 \0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0

SystemBiosDate: 01/06/05

SystemBiosVersion: HP - 6040000\0Ver 1.00PARTTBL\0\0

BIOS details

------------

Bios Version:

Manufacturer:

Release Date:

SMBIOSPresent:

SMBIOSBIOSVersion:

SMBIOSMajorVersion:

SMBIOSMinorVersion:

CPU details

-----------

CPU Name:

Manufacturer:

Number of CPUs:

CurrentClockSpeed:

FSB:

L2CacheSize:

L2CacheSpeed:

LCD/Monitor details

-------------------

LCD native Resolution Width :

LCD native Resolution Height:

Caption:

Description:

DeviceID:

MonitorManufacturer:

Name:

PNPDeviceID:

Northbridge

-----------

Name:

installed RAM

-------------

total size in KB:

DEVCON details:

---------------

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0347&SUBSYS_006A103C&REV_A1\4&56EB5F&0&0008

Name: NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5700

Hardware ID's:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0347&SUBSYS_006A103C&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0347&SUBSYS_006A103C

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0347&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0347&CC_0300

Compatible ID's:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0347&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0347

PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_0300

PCI\VEN_10DE

PCI\CC_030000

PCI\CC_0300

1 matching device(s) found.

DISPLAY\DEFAULT_MONITOR\5&C3011&0&00000100&01&00

Name: Default Monitor

Hardware ID's:

Monitor\Default_Monitor

Compatible ID's:

*PNP09FF

DISPLAY\DEFAULT_MONITOR\5&C3011&0&00000200&01&00

Name: Default Monitor

Hardware ID's:

Monitor\Default_Monitor

Compatible ID's:

*PNP09FF

2 matching device(s) found.

DUDES im pulling my ###### hair out ....PLZ HELP :P :) :(

Im also having .. screen distortion when i alt tab out of games not always ....

if it is possible i would like to know how to remove all display and video crd drivers cause i think that ma be causing problem from hp installation of os ...

Just to let you know regarding the current official driver from NVidia and the game "Lord of the Rings The Battle for Middle Earth" from EA games. This is a quote from the official web site.

"The NVIDIA ForceWare 71.84 and 71.89 drivers are known to cause BfME to occasionally crash with a 'DX8 Error' message for certain users. We're working closely with the NVIDIA team to solve these issues. If and only if you experience a greater frequency of crashes under the 71.84 or 71.89 drivers, we recommend you try using the 66.93 drivers until a better solution becomes available. This issue affects all existing versions of BfME, patched or unpatched."

I can vouch for this happening, my first session after installing the 1.02 patch for the game and WHAM. :)

Just a heads up for anyone playing the game.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=646

ok ... it says .... nvidia installation could not detect hardware etc.... wiht the moded inf in instalation folder ...
Pls use the HaveDisk installation method described HERE: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=33

Guest raphka

:) :) :P :( :)

I would like to thank you !!!

it had an Nvidia Go 5600 installed for some reason ...grrr

it seems to work better now ....

one last question , howcome it wont let me do the install form the nvidia file and i have to do it the havedisk way .? ...

btw thanx DUDE U RULE !!!!

Keep up te GD work !!!

:P :(

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Illuriouz lim

hi guys.. im new here.. have some problems with my new graphic card.. kinda old model.

Ok heres my problem

graphic card model : Nividia Geforce 5200

Ram : 512

Driver : v71.89

Whenever i start Warcraft 3 Frozenthrone.. the screen will keep refreshing and stay black.. i have sound coming out.. so i guess is at the main game start up..But it just cant stop refreshing..

So if anyone could help me out here is much appreciated .. thanks in advance :)

Guest Mark

Hi all.

Been a new laptop owner who wants to install the latest gfx card drivers and not knowing a thing about them i was pointed to this site. I have a NVIDIA® GeForce? Go 6800.

If i download the latest WHQL drivers from nvidia's site will they work, as i dont see them listing the "Go"cards?

Or do i need to download these ones v71.89. Are they the same as the ones from nvidia's homepage or have they all ready been modded ? As i dont understand why they have been made into a new zip when there on the offical site. Unless its just an easy way yo have the files in a zip instead of an exe ?

I guess i would download them and then replace the default inf with this one "Pieter's mobile INF modified for v71.89". ??

As for installing them is there a setup.exe within the zip or do i do it via device manager and locate and install them like that, would this method install what i need like the control panel etc ?

Sorry for all the questions :)

Hi Mark, pls read some of the FAQ threads. Most of your answer are covered in the "Confused? Then read here"-thread.

You're right you need the driver and replace the INF with Pieter's INF for "Go" card support. Our drivers are much smaller due to a special compressing method we developed than the official ones or at other sites.

It's always recommended to install via DeviceManager. Here's the Howto ( http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=33 ).

Guest Chris

Hey, this is my first post, so i'm sorry if this has been covered.... I have a dell inspiron 9300 with GeForce 6800... i'm using the dell driver found on their downloads page. I hooked up a 2005FPW 20inch widescreen display with DVI yesterday. The screen flickers(blinking interval) about every 20 seconds and sometimes more when I'm doing stuff. Will any of these drivers fix that problem? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Can the 71.89 driver be used on a Dell inspiron 8600 with a geforce FX 5650 GO? I would like someone to confirm it for me, before I'm breaking things :)

Yes, it should be fine. It's an excellent driver.

:)

Guest tux0010

:) Thank you so much for the modified INFs!

I installed the 71.89 drivers on my Sony Vaio PCG-GRT260G. However, when I start windows, sometimes it starts but then my screen blanks as if its trying to change the res or detect the displays or something and then it just shows a black screen and my maching freezes (as in solid hang). Please can anyone help me with this? My card is a GeForce FX go5600.

Thanks again for the INFs.

The blink is normal and all current nvidia drivers do it. It's just testing for available resolutions and refresh rates (and clock speeds, if you set them manually). Failure to recover from the test, of course, isn't normal and indicates the driver is trying to use a resolution, refresh rate, or clock speed your machine can't handle.

There are two things to try: First, make sure you are running in Single Display Mode in the nvidia control panel. If that's okay, try some different resolutions to see if you can correct it. Make sure the refresh rate is 60Hz, or whatever is the default for your screen.

If this doesn't work, I recommend trying some different driver versions to see if it's a driver-specific problem. If the problem persists, let us know and we'll try some different things.

To turn off the screen flash at boot up, and when you go to the nvidia display properties, please go here and disable the overclocking page, unless you plan to overclock of course.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=5786

Hope this and the above advice from LSudlow solves your problem.

Bill

Guest tux0010

Thanks :) Seems to have fixed the screen flash issue....will reboot and let you know that result (i tried to rt click on the nvidia properties and it didn't flash). Thanks once again.