LaptopVideo2Go Forums

is it needed to upgrade the inf?

Jeroen

hello,

I am wondering if it is needed to download a new inf to each driver..?

--> Now I am on the 71.50 driver, but I would like to upgrade to the 71.80 driver (because it has no wather in half life 2), but I want to use the performance inf (the 30.53 version) but there isn't one standing (already) at the site, so my question is: is it possible to use the 71.50 30.53 performance inf on the 71.80 drivers with (or without making some changes in the inf)??

thanks in advance

You should try to match infs and driver versions wherever possible, just in case the driiver happens to have a specific inf requirement. But if you want to risk it, infs tend to be backward compatible. Newer infs should work with most older drivers.

It is not ideal to exchange INFs, but as long as their the same series (ie 70 series) it shouldn't cause any major problems.

As long as the INF has the same name (ie nv4disp.inf) you should be fine.

I might try and get some Performance INFs done tonight.

Time allowing.

Thanks, I planned to try it today, but I sew you've made the performance inf, so I will take this one!!

A lot of thanks for making it this night (because in a few hours I'm going to a lanparty for the whole weekend) I will play cs source compo's but it was irritating with the yellow wather!!!

thanks a lot!

greetz

jeroen