LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Shutting Down

Guest [mouta]

Guest [mouta]

I'm having a problem with my laptop, whenever i play the cpu turns off... i mean, i play about 5/10 minutes and then it turns off. I have the laptop turned on almost every days so i think it can be overheating... but it only turns off when i play... what do you guys think?

You should check the temp with aida32, speedfan or any other program.

What about the default core and mem timings? Could you post them so i can add it to the FAQ?

Guest [mouta]
You should check the temp with aida32, speedfan or any other program.

What about the default core and mem timings? Could you post them so i can add it to the FAQ?

Name NVIDIA GeForce4 488 Go

Vendor ID 0x10de

Device ID 0x0187

SubSystem ID 0x205e17c0

Revision ID 0xa2

VGA Memory Clock 553.5 MHz

VGA Core Clock 301.5 MHz

___

added, thanks!

Edited by dontknow

Guest [mouta]

I got Aida32 but where i see the temperature? Btw i remember one time the laptop shuted down even without playing... why it happens? why he shuts down with no warning? It's some kind of emergency device? And how to disable it? Thanks.

there was some virus some time ago, which cause the OS to reboot every 10 minutes. You must get rid of it (WindowsUpdate). To prevent your Laptop from shutting down HIT

WIN+R

and type

shutdown -a

Guest [mouta]
there was some virus some time ago, which cause the OS to reboot every 10 minutes. You must get rid of it (WindowsUpdate). To prevent your Laptop from shutting down HIT

WIN+R

and type

shutdown -a

Ok, i've done the Win+R and then shutdown -a thing. With this the laptop will not shut down? Will show any error message? Thanks in advance.

Guest [mouta]

I really think that is overheating, cause yesterday it always went down, but i turned off the laptop in the night and by the morning i played more than 20 minutes, and still turned on. What do you guys recommend?

Guest big_gie

I recommend downloading the Dell Inspiron 8x00 fan control utility

This way you can see live what is your CPU's (maybe GPU too) temperature. The higher I get (CPU) is 70 Celsus, and this because my fan is off and I load something. My computer is open since a couple of hours just playing music and its 38 Celsius.

With this you can control you fan's speed. So setting it to a more sensible temperature level could help...

Give it a try...

Guest [mouta]
I recommend downloading the Dell Inspiron 8x00 fan control utility

This way you can see live what is your CPU's (maybe GPU too) temperature. The higher I get (CPU) is 70 Celsus, and this because my fan is off and I load something. My computer is open since a couple of hours just playing music and its 38 Celsius.

With this you can control you fan's speed. So setting it to a more sensible temperature level could help...

Give it a try...

I can only read the HDD temperature...

,Apr 14 2004, 05:50 PM] I got Aida32 but where i see the temperature?

COMPUTER | SENSOR

• 2 weeks later...