v67.71 | LV2Go Information file

• :) to ofelas for the hint
  • mobile driver for 2K.XP
  • with WHQL certification
  • released by DELL for PCI-E Quadro FXGo1400 (M70) & GF Go 6800
  • filedate 30-NOV-2004
  • more & detailed informations in the LV2Go Information file
  • supported GPUs, see INF (link is in the .NFO file):
    %NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.1%  = nv4_NV41_WinXP,[tab][/tab][tab][/tab][tab][/tab][tab][/tab]PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&SUBSYS_019C1028
    %NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00CC.2%  = nv4_WSApps_NV41_WinXP,[tab][/tab][tab][/tab]   PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00CC&SUBSYS_019B1028
    NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00C8.1  = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800"
    NVIDIA_NV41.DEV_00CC.2  = "NVIDIA Quadro FX Go1400 "

:: OPEN ISSUES

As with every released driver, version 67.7x of the Release 65 drivers has open issues and enhancement requests associated with it. What follows is a list of issues that are either not fixed or not implemented in this version. Some problems listed may not have been thoroughly investigated and, in fact, may not be NVIDIA issues. Others will have workaround solutions.

:: ISSUES RESOLVED

Significant issues resolved in driver version 67.7x

:: OPINION [*by LSudlow]

:: BENCHMARKS [*by LSudlow]

driver performance comparison charts for some GPUs

for GF2 Go: HERE from Pieter (v16.20 - v61.77)

for FX Go5200: HERE from Larry (v5x.xx - current)

for FX Go5700: HERE from Sky-Dexter (v65.73 - current)

:: DOWNLOAD & x-click-but21.gif

This and all other drivers available at LaptopVideo2Go are 7-zipped and come as a self-extracting archive for your convenience. We take care that your download time/traffic is minimized by compressing the driver in an optimized way. The method we had developed first is a service that you'll only find here proper working.

LV2Go Information file[/b]

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v67.71

Pieter's No Tweaks INF modified for v67.71

Larry's DELL 5150/5160 optimized INF

Teraphy's Toshiba "BlackBar PHP Fixer"

Teraphy's "PHP INF enhancement" page

nVLiTE page

6771.nfo ( 4.63k ) Number of downloads: 23

Nah, it' the Dell driver same as ours, there is apparently a problem with this driver and my INF, I'll investigate.

Cheers JRd1st for the info.

There is a problem that I can't get rid of :)

NVCPL won't load :)

Tried various methods but nothing :P

Hmmmm :(

I'll make a different INF for this driver, very odd.

Found problem 'Coolbits' can not be higher than 2 :)

This fixed the problem new INF will be uploaded with Coolbits=2

This took about 50 restarts, poor lappy

Another internal change in the driver? It's getting more difficult with these new releases!

Never seen this before the coolbits = 3 or higher error.

NVCPL just won't load at all (error).

All fixed now with new updated INF. :)

Guru3D who stole my original INF and removed all my sigs now has the broken INF (hehe).

MVKTech who copied Guru3D's stolen INF also has broken the INF.

That will learn them. :)

G'day John,

When a driver comes with a WHQL certificate file (nv4_disp.cat) it is safe to assume that the GPU's within the INF are WHQL.

We normally can't test this without trying it on a desktop (90% of leaked drivers).

We obviously can't test individual Subsys laptops at all, so like the 67.71 is only WHQL for the Dell Precision M70 and another machine with the go6800 not yet released.

Things would turn to custard if someone put the wrong INF and or certificate with the driver as eitherway the driver won't be WHQL.

So if you change the INF the WHQL cert becomes invalid.

Hope this explains it

Yeah, that explains it. Thanks.

I guess, when I see a nv4_disp.cat file, I'll note that the driver is WHQL for the devices listed in the .cat file and when installed with the original setup file.

That's easy enough.

What's the difference between coolbits = 2 and coolbits = 3?

Wonder why Dell or NVidia put this problematic coolbits nonsense in this driver instead of doing it like everyone else... :)

My M70 shipped on Saturday, but I will only be home to open the box on Thursday or Friday, so I will give a full report at that time.

Before I give it to our System Tech for custom network software install & config, I will try to do all the usual benchmarks, as most of the system will be locked down when they give it back to me to use :)

Coolbits = 1 turns on either Vsync panel in CPL.

Coolbits = 2 turns on OCing page.

Coolbits = 3 turns both the above on (ie it's bit sensitive)

This is all Coolbits does, realy a wasted tweak they could have incorporated it into 'NOPages' but who knows nVidia's logic.

Not until Thursday, that will seem like a life time :)

Be nice to get the first benchies.

Be nice to get the first benchies

I will try my best to ensure that LV2Go has the first COMPLETE set of benchmarks :)

Wonder why Dell or NVidia put this problematic coolbits nonsense in this driver instead of doing it like everyone else... :)

Maybe they figure that if you have to do a little research to turn on coolbits, then you'll learn enough to be able to use it without causing yourself problems.

Or perhaps they figure that without the potential to overclock, a "Quadro user" spends his time working with a stable card, as opposed to overclocking & having sparkles & cracks in one's outputed files :)

Coolbits has been around since the Detonators were first around.

NoPages does the same thing but more tidily, it turns on/off pages and is bit sensitive.

nVidia have far too many commands doing the same or similar jobs, it just bloats the driver and allows for errors to creep in, prime example as above.

nVidia should just start from scratch and make a new driver remove all the crap that isn't needed and tidy things up.

It will be so much easier to trouble shoot problems with half of the extra baggage gone.

nVidia have far too many commands doing the same or similar jobs, it just bloats the driver and allows for errors to creep in, prime example as above.

:)