LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v75.90 XP 32bit | NV

®®®

So what's the prognosis Doc? Is there a special .inf file I need to use to get it to work right with my Inspiron? :)

Thanks

//removed all the unneeded qoutes :)

Nothing I can do with the INF.

But try removing all the files from the driver and the subdirectory.

Only the modded nv4_disp.inf should remain.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LSudlow

• mobilenvidia

• SLoweCSL

• ®®®

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have tested 75.90 with my Quadro and the laptopvideo2go .inf. Everything works fine and it is good to have the application profile page at last.

Guest C810_user

Does anyone have a problem in standby mode with this driver?

==========================================

Dell Latitude C810, Pentium III 1.13 GHz, 15" UXGA 1600x1200 IBM

512 MB SDRAM, 20GB Hard Drive, Windows XP Professional [sP2]

FlashBIOS Version A12

32MB NVIDIA GeForce2 Go, NVIDIA 7.1.8.x

Does anyone have a problem in standby mode with this driver?

==========================================

Dell Latitude C810, Pentium III 1.13 GHz, 15" UXGA 1600x1200 IBM

512 MB SDRAM, 20GB Hard Drive, Windows XP Professional [sP2]

FlashBIOS Version A12

32MB NVIDIA GeForce2 Go, NVIDIA 7.1.8.x

I noticed last night that after installing the 75.90's, my coputer would not come out of standby. I reverted back to 71.81 and the standby problem went away. I also tried the 75.90's from Guru3d.com. I took a big hit in gaming performance and watching DVD's with PowerDVD 6.0 with hardware acceleration enabled was totally unwatchable. I'll stick to 71.81 for now.

To take advantage of the new video driver, make sure you enable VMR on both the overlay page of the nVidia Control Panel, and in whatever video player you use.

- In PowerDVD 6, make sure the following lines are in the HKLM\Software\Cyberlink\PowerDVD section of your registry:

EnableVMR, %REG_DWORD%, 1

EnableVMR9, %REG_DWORD%, 1

Also, make sure you have "Use Hardware Accleration" enabled in the PowerDVD Configuration\Video menu.

- In Windows Media Player, under Tools\Options, click on the Performance tab and choose "Advanced." Check both the "Use Video Mixing Renderer" box and the "Use High Quality Mode" box.

- In Media Player Classic, choose "VMR9 Renderless" and "Use texture surfaces and render video in 2D."

Larry, can we made your last post sticky or in the FAQ. Maybe add some more words of wisdom :)

That's fine with me. If people know how to enable VMR in other players, we could add them to the same thread.

:)

- In Windows Media Player, under Tools\Options, click on the Performance tab and choose "Advanced." Check both the "Use Video Mixing Renderer" box and the "Use High Quality Mode" box.

i tryed this but mediaplayer is still unusable slow while playing .wmv

whats wrong?

If you've enabled VMR in the nVidia Control Panel, then in Media Player, try the "Restore Defaults" button under the Performance tab.

Also, I suspect you probably need Media Player 10, if you don't already have it.

Does the slowdown only happen in Media Player, or does it happen with other players too?

Okay... :)

There must be something else going on. Video is much improved here, but this driver clearly doesn't work for everyone. Hopefully nVidia will release a more stable version soon.

Anyone having trouble with 75.90, should give 71.84 a try when it becomes available. It has all the new features of 75.90 (except the Quadro version of the xml file) on a much more polished and stable driver base. The new video driver, nvhwvid.dll is included as well. This version should solve the installation, stability, and video playback problems some of you have been reporting. Let us know!

Guest Devastator

http://www.station-drivers.com/telechargem...beta%202kxp.exe

that's the direct download link, they mistyped the download-url on their page...

from station-drivers forum:

Cette version concerne l'intégralité des chipsets graphiques pour Pc ou Mobile de marque Compaq, Dell, Nec, H-P, Asus, ect..., sous Windows 2000/Xp.

it seams that mobile support is integrated!

i'll try it in a few minutes and do a quick benchmarking...

Even closer to home, we now have it here. ...And yes, mobile infs are included.

No, it's the same file compressed a bit more.

please add support for the 6800 Go ULTRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can find info on it in the alienware and dell inf. it is in nvuw and nvdm. it sames that the entry for the ultra in each are a bit different.

"Guest", it would be nice to use at least a name if you ask Pieter for support, and then check your keyboard for a stuck key :)

Thanks for the heads up on the 71.84 drivers. I am trying them now. It seems that it didn't install the nvhwvid.dll file to my system. I don't know if this goes along with it, but in my overlay options the option to select VMR is gone.

Look for nvhwvid.dll in your Windows\System32 folder. If it's not there, try uninstalling and reinstalling. If it fails again, let us know.

Use NVTweak, found here, to enable the VMR option. Let us know if this method fails too. Thanks!

sorry about using Guest, I thought i was logged in when I posted.

so here i go again:

please add the GeForce Go 6800 Ultra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guess i should fix that stuck key :)

...guess i should fix that stuck key :)
Duck tape should work for that. :)

And even I could probably add it, although, since I would not exactly know what i was doing, you wouldn't wan to trust an INF with those kind of modifications from me, as I have never added a card before...

Look for nvhwvid.dll in your Windows\System32 folder. If it's not there, try uninstalling and reinstalling. If it fails again, let us know.

Use NVTweak, found here, to enable the VMR option. Let us know if this method fails too. Thanks!

I did a full uninstall and used DriverCleaner Pro from safe mode to ensure all driver remnants were eliminated. I then reinstalled 71.84, still this file is not installed. Does it have anything to do with the fact that my computer is a Dell? :)

Thanks