LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Heat Problems with Toshiba NB

jabberwalky

Hey Guys,

for all who have heat problems with the 5200 Series. It's your CPU! not the grafic card.

Try to install Speedfan und set your CPU to Powersaving.

In my case there was a graet difference.

Full Power: Temp up to 76°

Power saving: Temp only 56°

I play Far Cry on my 5200-903 with powersaving and without any difference in gamespeed. :)

Only cooler.

btw what are your default core and mem timings. I need them to complete the table in the FAQ. Thanks

The 5600 is supposed to be clocked at 275/600 but thats an ideal clockspeed so the actual clockspeed may be lower. i.e. my 5650 is ideally clocked at 325/600 but its actually at 325/590. Also, I'm pretty sure that different OEM makers may set their cards at slightly different clockspeeds to satisfy their individual thermal requirements so you may want to make notw of that in your table. Very nce table BTW.

added the timings. thanks for the hint :)

Hey

I have 5200 (canadian version) - had some problems that I thought were related to the graphics card.

Check out the This URL - thats Collin McRae Ralley when it scrues up with what I figured was graphics c. problem. Now that you mention it could be a CPU problem, I was wondering what I can do about it?

I installed Speedfan and, true, ya CPU temp. is @ 70 with Powermizer settings all up.

I tried fiddling with the Powermizer settings and i figured that a decrease in the AC outlet will also decrease graphics c. power (the card cant handle the same graphics as it did with all the settings up in Powermizer) - the Battery savings on the other hand doesnt affect in game graphics.

(I repeated the same with the Far Cry demo, same thing)

So what do u recommend - Powermizer settings up and Speedfan, fan speeds, up? Or more like middle Powermizer settings (decreased graphics power) and Speedfan at standard?

Thx