LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce FX Go5600 in the Acer laptops

Guest Joy Ledegang

Guest Joy Ledegang

Im having lots of problems with games on my Acer Aspire 1705 Sci notebook.

It has the GeForce FX Go5600 with 64 mb ram. According to what ive read, i shouldnt install the latest drivers from Nvidia but those from Acer. But they havent updated the drivers since 44.01 :)

The problems mostly come along when i DONT use the lowest settings possible in games, and some games just give the problems all the time. The problems are always visual: Lines over the screen, textures missing screenfilling like hell ( slows everything down like hell ).

PLZ someone help me out.

Joy Ledegang from the Netherlands

Hi,

Lines over the screen,

What do they look like? Never saw something like this... What is the default driver version ACER provided with that Laptop.

Just a question: Is the 1705 (FX Go5600) a new released model or is it the european verion of the new Aspire 1710 (FX Go5700)?

Guest Joy Ledegang

The Acer ASpire 1705 Sci is an older model i think, cause it doesnt have the Go 5700, check it on www.acer.nl but ive never heard of the 1710 before. Found it on the www.acer.com site now though.

The latest drivers Acer provides on their site are 44.01

Well, the lines are very random and sometime fill the screen.

Games on which i experience these problems are: Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, Colin McRae Rally 04, Flight Simulator 2004, The Elderscrolls III: Morrowind etc.

Does anyone else have problems relating to mine?

PLZ HELP!!

Edited by dontknow

Did you install DX9.0b ?

It's vital that the latest DX is installed.

Also install the latest Chipset drivers.

Also try various video drivers, as not all drivers are born the same.

BTW Joy, a nice country Joy your from, anybody born there must be very special :)

Hope this helped,

Pieter.

Guest Joy Ledegang

The latest drivers from Nvidia dont support the Go5600, and my laptop manifacurer hasnt released any new ones. I have the latest DirectX.

Isnt there some program/drivers on your site that could help fix some problems?

Guest Guest

hi there + respect to pieter and dontknow and all the other great people working here:-)

joy: i'm running the aspire 1705 smi (gf 5600 128 mb vram) and you are right - experienced more or less all the problems you're talking about with the original acer 44.01 driver. so, what s the problem? just take one of pieters versions! by now, i tried almost all of them (not really:-)) and they are working fine! right now i'm even running the new 60.72...

+++amoklebia

Guest Joy Ledegang

THNX!

I tried the 56.72 and it runs GREAT!

THNX ALOT

ive had these problems for almost a year now, so im very happy :)

Hail to The Great Pieter and His Friends!! :)