LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Synaptics cPad Drivers

sn0wl

If you have a Synaptics cPad, that's a touchpad used in some Toshiba laptops with a monochrome lcd screen, will you notice that installing generic drivers will disable your cPad functionalities.

Latest Synaptics Driver that are known to be compatible with cPad applications is 7.5.11.

Download Synaptics Driver 7.5.11

You can use your cPad applications with this driver (Calculator, Signature Capture, Calender, Application Launcher ...). To be able to use them, you also need to install old cPad applications (v2.1.0.3) and you should install it after installing drivers.

Download cPad Applications v2.1.0.3

If you are having problems with scrolling with this driver, please read this topic.

However you can just use cPax here. Follow the instructions in this topic and you will get full features of your cPad with a modified Hybrid drivers that supports everything and fixes problems.

cPax features;

- Displays constant and animated wallpaper.

- A digital clock that can be modified in terms of size and position.

- Date info that can be modified in terms of size, position and style.

- Ability to turn backlight on/off.

- Ability to set an alarm.

- Battery info and low battery alarm.

- Application Launcher to open applications of your wish.

- Winamp control.

- Displays song title.

- Easy access by using Toshiba Controls.

- Compatibility with original cPad applications.

Edited by sn0wl

• 7 months later...

Synaptics recently removed cPad from their product list ( http://www.synaptics.com/products/perif.cfm ) :) . This could mean they stoped supporting cPad... Wait a second, were they supporting it so far? :)

Nope, it's an old one, not sure but maybe even older than cPad. It is like a cPad without the monochrome screen and just with different backlight colors.

• 2 months later...
Latest Synaptics Driver that are known to be compatible with cPad applications is 7.5.11.

Download Synaptics Driver 7.5.11

Is that the latest version or 7.12.7 like written here: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=7249

We are using 7.5.11 files to modify others and create the Hybrid solution. So 7.5.11 is the latest version that is compatible with ocPad, not cPax. cPax probably works even with release 8 drivers but not really sure. The problem is to keep compatibility with old apps.

OK! i think i now remember, we use 7.5.11 files and patch 7.12.7 release to use cpAx and old cpad apllication.

• 3 months later...

Which and where?

Guest Guest

You can use your cPad applications with this driver (Calculator, Signature Capture, Calender, Application Launcher ...). To be able to use them, you also need to install old cPad applications (v2.1.0.3) and you should install it after installing drivers.

Download cPad Applications v2.1.0.3

^^ that one, downloads the 7-zip file , but on opening it errors occur.

Thanks for the notification, it is fixed now.

• 1 year later...
Guest charles oriordqn

heya, i have installed all the mentioned drivers and have the latest bios...and actually have the identical laptop to you, sn0wl, (satellite 5200-902) but for some reason i cant get my touchpad working with XPSP2 (when i boot up it shows the splashscreen and lights up, but then by the time it loads windows it all dies. I have tried literally every driver i can find (the mission it is without a touchpad), and it has also lead to my USB ports not functioning so cannot use a seperate mouse either.

i know this is a bit of a late reply, but i really dont know what else i should be doing!?

any help much appreciated, if you could forward a copy to my email as well that would be amazing

cmo202@ex.ac.uk

cheers

Either the hardware is defect or drivers were installed and uninstalled and left conflicting remnants in registry and filesystem, so try to get rid of them:

1. apply the reg file for the Generic Remove Phantom Devices (link in my signature).

2. Uninstall current Synptics driver.

3. Reboot to SafeMode.

3. Try a complete clean of synaptics related files (%PROGRAMFILES%\synaptics and search for syna*.*) and registry entries (syna).

4. Manually Remove all Phantom Devices (except the USB one, as you are about to goto step 7 anyways)

5. Reboot.

6. Attach and turn on all your USB devices (especially printers), so that they are initialized and visible in the Device Manager.

7. Use the RenewUSB.cmd from http://robvanderwoude.com (attached).

8. Reboot

9. Install Synaptics driver again and Reboot.

Normally all this shouldn't apply for XP (at least there are ways to fix the hardware database and clean remnants :) ), but in special cases like this, it a generic procedure to get it fixed for any device.

RenewUSB.zip