LaptopVideo2Go Forums

TOSHiBA Speech System

sn0wl

The TOSHIBA Speech System is:

• Voice-composition software that analyzes document text and then vocalizes that text with an
    easily understood electronic voice.
  • Speech-recognition software that recognizes speech input from a microphone allowing you
    to control various Windows software application programs using voice enabled program commands.

I tried and works nice. If it tells you that your OS is incompatible after unpacking;

1- Go to unpacked folder (usually C:\Speech System.temp)

2- Install modules - C:\Speech System.temp\SREngUs for speech recognition, C:\Speech System.temp\TtsEngUs for text to speech

3- Install applications - C:\Speech System.temp\Apl.

Shortcuts for program will be added to Start Menu\Toshiba\Speech System.

Download Here (20mb)

If it tells you that your OS is incompatible after unpacking
Probably interesting for hazart :)

Hmm and why is that ..?

He made a post in another thread that he's not able to install this, as he's on a chinese XP and it refuses to install (English only?)

Does it work with Dells?

I have some good speech recognition software, lost it with the new HDDs, should re-install it over the summer and actually use it.

Yes, most likely. I tried it on my desktop. Please inform if you try anyway.

While I don't have time to do much testing right now, it seems to work fine over here, the text to speech feature works nicely with this thread. :)

Will keep you posted.

From what I tested I can say it even recognizes my poor English accent very well :]

This has got to be the best free voice recognition command software I have ever seen or used.

The commands work very nicely, can run anything from word to solitaire to remote desktop connection pretty much flawlessly.

And it only takes a few minutes to set up, VS a few hours with some voice recognition stuff.

I do have some Toshiba hardware in my PC, my 40 GB HDD with 16 MB of cache.

I highly reccoment that every body that can speak english half decently to try this program out. :)

Why would you move Speech System to sound card 'drivers' section ?

• 2 weeks later...

:)

• 5 months later...
Guest charger_9

I have a problem with my voice command utility. Everytime I try to execute a voice command, the input level of my microphone (in volume control dialog box) goes to 0. I don't know why and it id keeping me from using voice commands. Any suggestions would help.

• 6 years later...
Guest ranbir singh

The TOSHIBA Speech System is:

• Voice-composition software that analyzes document text and then vocalizes that text with an
    easily understood electronic voice.
  • Speech-recognition software that recognizes speech input from a microphone allowing you
    to control various Windows software application programs using voice enabled program commands.

I tried and works nice. If it tells you that your OS is incompatible after unpacking;

1- Go to unpacked folder (usually C:\Speech System.temp)

2- Install modules - C:\Speech System.temp\SREngUs for speech recognition, C:\Speech System.temp\TtsEngUs for text to speech

3- Install applications - C:\Speech System.temp\Apl.

Shortcuts for program will be added to Start Menu\Toshiba\Speech System.

Download Here (20mb)

i have satellite L640 .. can it work?

• 1 month later...