LaptopVideo2Go Forums

YAMAHA XG SoftSynthesizer S-YXG50 v4.21.03

hazart

I have been using this SoftSynth for over a year and it's really great!

In celebration of the birth of nVision's SOUND card drivers section, hazart proudly presents :(

Yamaha SoftSynthesizer S-YXG50 Final Retail

High performance XG software wavetable synthesizer (I think it's the best!)

v4.21.03 Multilingual for Windows 2000/XP

This is the FINAL* RETAIL** WHQL*** (see details below :) ) version. Forget about the Toshiba one from now on! :)

*FINAL: Yamaha has stopped this project

**RETAIL: Full price is $50, approx. £30

***WHQL: Signed by Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

BTW, this works well with TVS 1.00.07! :) It can be used with non-Yamaha sound cards. There is an S-YXG100, but that's for Windows 98/ME only.

Features:

The Yamaha Software Synthesizer S-YXG50 allows you to play back MIDI song files on your computer without using a hardware tone generator. Its high fidelity sounds, match the sounds from an authentic tone generator, are based on and realized by highly advanced MMX technology. The S-YXG50 lets your computer be a potential music synthesizer.

* Microsoft WHQL certificated SoftSynthesizer

* Professional sound quality (44 kHz sampling rate).

* YAMAHA XG format compatible, with a variety of controllable effects.

* Driver application for Windows that is not dependent on specific CODEC hardware.

* Performance can be matched to a wide range of applications (44 kHz/22 kHz/11 kHz sample rate switching).

* The S-YXG50 is a software wave table synthesizer designed specifically for use with MMX technology.

The software offers 676 fully programmable voices, 21 fully programmable drum kits (GM/TG300B & full XG), and a staggering 3 parallel 24 bit resolution effects busses.

Information:

Driver Date: 2002-5-22

Driver Version: 5.13.2600.37

Release Date: 2003-6-16

Screenshots:

Desc.: 1. XGplayer 2. Driver Properties 3, 4. Control Panel

softsynth14or.th.png softsynth21dt.th.png controlpanel9dz.th.png controlpanel29gm.th.png

Download: Official Package (ZIP, 8626.4 KB)

Installation: Unpack and use Setup.exe (use Windows XP compatible mode if under Windows Server 2003)

Notes: As you have probably noticed, you have installed a 30-day trial version. :( And, since the trial has already timed out, you can't use it at all. :P But as I have said, I'm posting here a $50 retail version, so...

As Toshiba laptop users, we are entitled to use the full version to enhance our audio (MIDI) experience, in addition to the general purpose TVS. All you need is an OEM licence file from Toshiba, which I have attached below. After installation, simply copy this file to %systemroot%\system32 (e.g. C:\Windows\Sysyem32) to overwrite the trial licence. That's it! You will never need an upgrade since this is the final version.

:P WARNING: Do NOT use this software with the Toshiba OEM licence on non-Toshiba laptops or you would infringe the copyright and have serious consequences!

Source of the licence: Yamaha Soft Synthesizer S-YXG50 for Windows XP released by Toshiba

Enjoy! I would like to hear your feedback! :P

Toshiba OEM licence file for YAMAHA SoftSynthesizer S-YXG50 v4.21.03:

sxgmasys.tbl

:) good post :)

Concerning the license: is the license file you posted also included in here: http://209.167.114.38/support/Download/fil.../S522BXMIDI.exe ? I mean is it the same (last) version we speak of ? (haven't downloaded this version, i just posted the link from the Canadian TS website in the 5200 series thread ...)

The licence is from the latest S-YXG50 (v4.10.15?) that Toshiba has released.

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/su...s/ysxyg50xp.exe

Which version is the S-YXG50 that you've posted? If it's v4.21.03, it's the final. I couldn't enter the Setup because it asked me to uninstall the one I've installed first. From the package size, it seems older than v4.21.03. Maybe 4.10.x?

There seems to be a copyright issue to use SoftSynth v4.21.03 this way. I am not sure. If there is, please remove this post. Copyright infringement is not tolerated. :) BTW, it's no longer in the market and no one can buy it. :)

• 1 year later...

:) attachment link dead

Edited by fanbanlo

• 7 months later...

I don't have that file. Please try to contact hazart.

• 3 years later...

I don't have that file. Please try to contact hazart.

instead of looking for that license file, consider finding and installing S-YXG50 WDM v4.21.07 US-R, which can work under Win2000 or WinXP and is a full retail package, not a demo/trial package. google search for this specific version.

Driver version bundled in S-YXG50 4.21.07 WDM is v5.13.2600.38 with a date of 5/28/2002.

btw - versions 4.21.03 and 4.21.07 bundle the 4Mb wavetable soundbank files (sxgbin41.tbl & sxgwave4.tbl) instead of the 2Mb wavetable files (sxgbin21.tbl & sxgwave2.tbl). however, if you obtain the 2Mb soundbank files from an older version of the S-YXG50 softsynth and place them in the \windows\system32\ folder and open the XG Synth Driver control panel app (sxgmacpl.cpl), it will detect both 2Mb & 4Mb wavetable files and give you the option to select either the 2Mb wavetable set or the 4Mb wavetable set. You will have to restart the computer for the S-YXG50 WDM driver to load the new soundbank files though.

Edited by erp-ster7n

• 4 weeks later...

There is an S-YXG100, but that's for Windows 98/ME only.

not quite accurate, hazart. The S-YXG100 Plus softsynthesizer also works under Win95 as I've tested the latest trial version (v1.12.15 US-T) myself. And there's S-YXG100 PVL v1.11.49 JP-T [only released in Japan] that can also be used under Win95. SO, S-YXG100 is for ALL Win9x OSes.

Another version of S-YXG50 I found is version 4.01.25 Legacy/WDM, which was released in late 2002 but only in Japanese language. But it does bundle Yamaha XG WDM Softsynthesizer drivers v5.03.2195.40 for Win98se/WinME (dated 6/06/2002) and v5.13.2600.40 for Win2000/XP (dated 6/06/2002). The sxgxgwdm.sys driver files for 98se/ME and w2k/xp are different versions & sizes. Version 5.13.2600.40 of the SXG WDM driver for Win2000/XP is barely the same as version 5.13.2600.38 but it bundles the 2Mb wavetable soundbank files [sxgbin21.tbl & sxgwave2.tbl]

Edited by erp-ster7n

Download: Official Package (ZIP, 8626.4 KB)

Installation: Unpack and use Setup.exe (use Windows XP compatible mode if under Windows Server 2003)

official download link to S-YXG50 v4.21.03 trial version at Yamaha site no longer working. use this one instead.

:) good post :)

Concerning the license: is the license file you posted also included in here: http://209.167.114.38/support/Download/fil.../S522BXMIDI.exe ? I mean is it the same (last) version we speak of ? (haven't downloaded this version, i just posted the link from the Canadian TS website in the 5200 series thread ...)

The S522BXMIDI.exe file contains version 4.01.12 of the S-YXG50 WDM Softsynth as I've checked that version myself. And it requires only Windows XP and will not install on pre-XP and win9x editions of Windows.

The licence is from the latest S-YXG50 (v4.10.15?) that Toshiba has released.

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/su...s/ysxyg50xp.exe

Which version is the S-YXG50 that you've posted? If it's v4.21.03, it's the final. I couldn't enter the Setup because it asked me to uninstall the one I've installed first. From the package size, it seems older than v4.21.03. Maybe 4.10.x?

This ysxyg50xp.exe file contains S-YXG50 WDM Softsynthesizer version 4.01.05. Only installs under XP and won't install under non-XP editions of Windows.

Another version of S-YXG50 WDM softsynth is v4.01.02 bundled in the s500yxg50x.exe file found at this Toshiba site. Also requires only XP.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i want to (YAMAHA XG SoftSynthesizer S-YXG50) this soft.. Install windows 7 how do that

pls teech me just now.

i want to xg midi play w7

sorry. S-YXG50 is not compatible with Vista/Win7 OSes. tried every version of the S-YXG50 driver and it fails to work on either Vista or Seven.

move on w/out it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

how?

you cant. Mr. Yamaha_Hacker failed to understand that. installing the S-YXG50 drivers under Vista/Win7 isn't the issue but getting the SYXG50 drivers to produce actual sounds under Vista/Seven is. so don't waste any time & energy trying to get the S-YXG50 sofsynth drivers to run under native Vista/Seven interfaces (and running SYXG50 in "XP Mode" on Windows 7 does NOT count).