LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v72.12, v72.13, v72.14 XP 32bit | NV

®®®

:: UPDATES

• 22-JUL-2005: added Issues Resolved and Open Issues Notes from v71.89 to v72.14
  • 21-JUN-2005: reuploaded 71.14 because of file corruption (now also MCE extension included)
  • 15-JUN-2005: added v72.14
  • 06-JUN-2005: added v72.13

:: DETAILS

v72.12 | LV2Go Information file

• desktop driver for 2K.XP
  • with WHQL certification
  • released by MSI
  • i removed all the additional MSI files (MSI customized Control Panel) as they may give problems for non-MSI users
  • more & detailed informations in the LV2Go Information file
  • supported GPUs:

see original INF (link is in NFO file)

v72.13 | LV2Go Information file

• desktop driver for 2K.XP
  • leaked at Station Drivers.com
  • repacked from 23MB to 15MB :)
  • more & detailed informations in the LV2Go Information file
  • supported GPUs:

v72.14 | LV2Go Information file

• desktop driver for 2K.XP.MCE
  • released 14-JUN-2005 by NVIDIA for XP MCE
  • Designed for Media Center Edition Certification
  • Includes Imaging Science Foundation (ISF) certification for GeForce
    6800 and GeForce 6600.
    For more information on ISF, please visit <a href="http://www.imagingscience.com/" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.imagingscience.com/" target="_blank">http://www.imagingscience.com/</a></a>
  • NVIDIA Recommendations
    • The GeForce 6800 Ultra 512MB works in single card mode with Apple 30 inch HD Cinema panel. However, an issue has been discovered when running the GeForce 6800 Ultra 512MB card in SLI mode with an Apple 30 inch HD Cinema display. This is due to an interaction between the GPU, the application, and the ability to scale to nonnative panel resolutions of the Apple display.
      All GeForce 6 series GPUs will work with Apple 23 and 20 inch HD Cinema displays in single GPU mode.
      NVIDIA recommends using the GeForce 6800 Ultra 512MB with the Apple
      30 inch HD Cinema Display line only in non-SLI modes.

• Single display modes such as TV only, DFP/LCD only or CRT only provide the best performance and quality from Windows Media Center Edition.
      Dual display modes such Dualview and nView Clone and Span modes are not recommended.

• When using the trial version of WinDVD 6 from InterVideo.com, you may experience TV or DVD playback problems in Windows Media Center if you change resolutions during video playback. This is most often seen when switching from windowed to full screen mode.
      This problem does not occur with the latest full OEM versions of WinDVD or with other Windows Media Center qualified DVD decoders.

• If you perform a clean driver installation (no previous NVIDIA drivers installed), you must reboot your computer. If you do not reboot, the predefined application profiles will not be activated and you may experience application stability problems.

• Windows XP/2000:
      Clone mode may be set for the GeForce FX 5600 although only one display is connected.
      This setting causes a drop in the performance of 3D applications. The workaround is to use the NVIDIA control panel to reset the system to standard mode from Clone mode.

[*]repacked from 31,7 MB to 17,4 MB :)

[*]more & detailed informations in the LV2Go Information file

[*]supported GPUs:

:: OPEN ISSUES

As with every released driver, version 72.1x of the Release 70 drivers has open issues and enhancement requests associated with it. What follows is a list of issues that are either not fixed or not implemented in this version. Some problems listed may not have been thoroughly investigated and, in fact, may not be NVIDIA issues. Others will have workaround solutions.

v72.14:

NVIDIA Issues

• GeForce 6800, SLI, Windows XP:
    With SLI mode enabled, flickering occurs in the game Command & Conquer: Generals Zero Hour.

• GeForce FX 5200 Ultra, Windows Media Center Edition 2005, NVTV:
    Live TV hangs when running in DualView mode with Video Mirror enabled.

• GeForce 6200 with TurboCache, Windows Media Center 2005:
    When switching DVD playback to full-screen mode, the screen turns blank then the desktop corrupts when returning to windowed mode.
  • GeForce 6800 Ultra, SLI: Apple 30 inch display does not run with 512 MB graphics boards in SLI mode. You must switch to single GPU mode to work.
  • GeForce 6800 Ultra, Windows XP:
    The wave splash particle effect in the game Silent Hunter 3 does not render correctly.
  • GeForce 6800 Ultra, Windows XP:
    The opening videos are corrupted in the game Silent Hunter 3.
  • GeForce 6600 GT, Windows XP, SLI:
    Textures flicker in the game Everquest II when SLI mode is enabled.
  • GeForce 6200 with TurboCache, Windows XP:
    The left side of Half Life 2 is blacked out when 2x or 4x antialiasing is enabled.
  • Dual GeForce 6600 GT, SLI, Windows XP:
    There is texture corruption in the game Toca Race Driver 2 when played at 1600x1200 resolution, with 4x antialiasing and SLI mode enabled.
  • GeForce 6600 GT, SLI, Windows XP:
    Frame skipping occurs in the game PainKiller with SLI mode enabled.
  • GeForce 6600 GT, SLI, Windows XP:
    There is texture corruption in the ammo interface in the game Painkiller.
  • GeForce 6800 Ultra:
    Stuttering occurs in the game World of Warcraft.

• GeForce 6200 with TurboCache (supporting 128MB, including 16MB on board memory):
    The system crashes when resizing applications.
  • GeForce 6 Series, SLI,Windows XP:
    Light sources show through solid objects in the game Halo with SLI mode enabled
  • GeForce 6800/6600/6200, SLI, Windows XP:
    Intro videos do not render in Tiger Woods 2005 with SLI mode enabled.
  • GeForce 6800:
    White flashing appears across the screen in the game Joint Operations—Typhoon Rising.
  • GeForce FX 5200:
    There is corruption on the water in the 3DMark05 Canyon Flight Game test.

• GeForce 6200:
    There is screen corruption when antialiasing is enabled within 3DMark05.
  • GeForce FX 5200:
    There is corruption in the Far Cry heads up displays.
  • GeForce 6600 (128 MB):
    The game Hitman—Contracts refuses to start with graphics options set to the maximum (1600x1200, 4x antialiasing, 16x anisotropic filtering).
  • GeForce 6600, SLI:
    Screen goes black momentarily during Tomb Raider—Angel of Darkness with SLI mode enabled.
  • GeForce FX 5950:
    The game Ultra Battle for Middle-earth crashes to
    the desktop with a Direct3D error
  • GeForce 6800:
    Shadow corruption occurs in the game Lineage II (Lineage2).
  • GeForce 6 Series:
    Stuttering occurs in different portions of the game EverQuest2.

• GeForce 6200 with TurboCache (supporting 128MB, including 16MB on board memory), Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005:
    Full-screen video mirroring is not supported.
  • GeForce FX 5959:
    Ultra Age of Mythology has screen flicker with certain special effects.

Not NVIDIA Issues

• Slow performance with World of Warcraft.
    This is not an NVIDIA bug. See “Slow Performance with World of Warcraft in SLI Mode” on page13 for a full explanation and workaround.
  • GeForce 6 Series, Windows XP: Lighting issue with Half-Life 2.
    This is not an NVIDIA bug, but rather an issue with the application.
  • GeForce 6200 with TurboCache (supporting 128MB, including 16MB on board memory):
    A Direct3D out-of-memory error occurs in Unreal Tournament 2003 when using the HardOCP Benchmark Utility ver 2.1.
    This is not an NVIDIA bug.
  • Geforce 6800: Half-Life 2 fog is different when using ATI hardware.
    This is not an NVIDIA bug, but rather an issue with the application.
  • GeForce 6600: Artifacts appear in the intro videos and during game play in Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness at 1600x1200 and with 4x antialiasing enabled.

• GeForce 6800: Aspect ratio is incorrect when movie transitions from 4:3 to 16:9 playback using PowerDVD5 Trail (download from the Cyberlink Web site).
    This is an application issue. The problem does not occur with other DVD players.
  • GeForce 6600/6800 (128MB): 3D Mark 2003 demo mode results in an out of memory error at 1600x1200x32 with 4x antialiasing enabled.
    This is not a bug. The problem occurs because there is not enough memory to run 3D Mark03 in this mode with a 128MB board.
  • Windows XP, GeForce FX 5950 Ultra: Homeworld2 antialiased performance is slow.
    This is not an NVIDIA bug, but is a known issue with the application. A game patch 1.1 is available at <a href="ftp://ftp.sierra.com/pub/sierra/homeworld...te_en_10_11.exe" target="_blank"><a href="ftp://ftp.sierra.com/pub/sierra/homeworld...te_en_10_11.exe" target="_blank">ftp://ftp.sierra.com/pub/sierra/homeworld...te_en_10_11.exe</a></a>
  • GeForce2, GeForce4 MX, Windows XP: City of Heroes crashes to the desktop intermittently.
  • Windows ME: CodeCult benchmark does not run properly.
  • GeForce FX, Windows ME: Gunmetal Demo intro movie does not display properly.

:: ISSUES RESOLVED

Significant issues resolved in driver version 72.1x

v72.13: PowerMizer works now for DELL 5150/60

v71.84->v72.14

• GeForce 6200 w/TurbCache, Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005:
    The system crashes intermittently when Media Center is launched in full-screen mode, and either TV channels are changed repeatedly or ATSC files are played sequentially.
  • GeForce4 MX 440/4000:
    The system hangs after running UnrealTournament 2003 for an extended period of time.
  • SLI Resolved Shimmering screen under HL2 in SLI mode on widescreen Dell 2005FPW panel.
  • GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, Windows Media Center Edition 2005, NVTV:
    Live TV hangs the system when run in full screen mode.
  • GeForce 6200 with TurboCache, Windows Media Center 2005:
    When starting to record, then closing Media Center, then reopening to recording in progress, a blue-screen crash occurs.
  • Desktop corruption occurs with VIA KT880 chipset.
    This was not an NVIDIA bug.

:: OPINION [*by LSudlow]

:: BENCHMARKS [*by LSudlow]

driver performance comparison charts for some GPUs

for GF2 Go: HERE from Pieter (v16.20 - v61.77)

for FX Go5200: HERE from Larry (v5x.xx - current)

for FX Go5700: HERE from Sky-Dexter (v65.73 - current)

for GF Go 6200: HERE from AJH (v70.75 - current)

:: DOWNLOAD & x-click-but21.gif

This and all other drivers available at LaptopVideo2Go are 7-zipped and come as a self-extracting archive for your convenience. We take care that your download time/traffic is minimized by compressing the driver in an optimized way. The method we had developed first is a service that you'll only find here proper working.

Driver v72.12 & LV2Go Information file

Driver v72.13 & LV2Go Information file

Driver v72.14 & LV2Go Information file

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v72.12

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v72.13

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v72.14

Larry's DELL 5150/5160 optimized INF

John's DELL 8200/M50 optimized INF

Jeroen's MEDiON 41300 optimized INF

Teraphy's "PHP INF enhancement" page

nVLiTE page

Edited by Teraphy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SlasherKG

hi all, I frequent this site for modded infs to use on my Toshiba Laptop with a GeForce FX 5200Go, it also runs XP MCE, so what I was wondering:

in your notes you say you removed the MCE stuff, does that mean that I can't use this inf on my MCE and have install for my Go5200 with the new MCE additions? Or is this just referring to the package you reuploaded?

Guest SlasherKG
Maybe we should have both versions. For now, download the full MCE version directly from nvidia here, and use our inf to make it work with your laptop.

Ok, thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

Can anyone confirm that 72.14 works? I downloaded 2 times but file seems to be corrupted.

If it's defect i need to reupload it, but can do this at Monday earliest. For now just use the NVIDIA direct link Larry provided :)

Size of the downloaded file is 13.075.760 bytes. What's the original's?

Dontknow.

It's stated in the NFO file at the bottom.

edit:

NFO states: 15099180

server is: 13075760

:)

conclusion: need to upload again on monday :)

Edited by ®®®

Rene, I've just uploaded it if you want to work your magic on it.

:)

BTW, I've deleted my earlier message since that link no longer works. Nvidia has removed 72.14 from their server.

Guest SlasherKG

Hey guys, I'm back again. Seems nVidia has released these as official now, including whql versions and an english only package. You can get them now from:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxpmce_72.14.html

Just wondering, but in order to use the english only package, can I still use the moded inf here? or does a new one have to be created?

The mod INF from here will work just fine on eng and international ones. :)

I get drivers and make then ENG only before I install them on my PCs/laptop/other peoples PCs that I stick drivers from here on. (assuming english is their native language)

Edit: Using this tool you can make any driver english only AND rip out all the unessasary files.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=6227

If you have the 7z compression thing you can then compress the driver back to like 5 MB or something depending on the driver.

It is the same program we use when we put drivers up here.

Although I don't know exactly how they do it, I think its one of Pieter's secrets exactly which compression settings he uses.....

I might be totally wrong about that though. :)

Edited by Bill

It is the same program we use when we put drivers up here.
We use a tool called NVAIO since December 2004 to 'treat' and upload all NV drivers and spit out the NFO file, before that we used another batch file we made. NVLiTE is good for ripping out stuff, but not compressing. That's done with 7zip :)

I meant compressing is done with 7zip or whatever.

I use it myself, it owns, hehe.

Of course, I don't need to tell anybody that has ever downloaded a driver here before though. :)

http://www.7-zip.org/

Self extracting zips of that are really nice with the ultra compression level. :)

I like to use it to zip back up modded drivers for myself or something.

I reuploaded 72.14 with international files (the file was corrupted). Just to inform you.....

How's game performance with 72.14 compared to 71.89? I've stayed with 71.89 due to my notebook only having 64meg ram and performing poorly in games with the newer drivers.

• 3 years later...

The download link is farther down on the page - at the bottom of the top post.

If you're a fan of 72.14, I highly recommend that you also take a look at 71.44. It's much newer and solves the same problems that 72.14 did. (Both are very good drivers.)

Geesh havn't been back here for a long time, there is so much dust here no wonder the link was hard to find :)