v77.62 | LV2Go Information file

• desktop driver for 2K.XP
  • no WHQL certification
  • repacked from the 26MB RapidShare release to 16MB
  • supports G70.DEV_0091.1 = GeForce 7800 GTX
  • supported GPUs:

see original INF (link is in NFO file)

:: OPEN ISSUES

As with every released driver, version 77.6x of the Release 75 drivers has open issues and enhancement requests associated with it. What follows is a list of issues that are either not fixed or not implemented in this version. Some problems listed may not have been thoroughly investigated and, in fact, may not be NVIDIA issues. Others will have workaround solutions.

:: ISSUES RESOLVED

Significant issues resolved in driver version 77.6x

:: OPINION [*by LSudlow]

:: BENCHMARKS [*by LSudlow]

driver performance comparison charts for some GPUs

for GF2 Go: HERE from Pieter (v16.20 - v61.77)

for FX Go5200: HERE from Larry (v5x.xx - current)

for FX Go5700: HERE from Sky-Dexter (v65.73 - current)

for GF Go 6200: HERE from AJH (v70.75 - current)

for GF Go 6800: HERE from REAVER (v66.81 - current)

:: DOWNLOAD & x-click-but21.gif

This and all other drivers available at LaptopVideo2Go are 7-zipped and come as a self-extracting archive for your convenience. We take care that your download time/traffic is minimized by compressing the driver in an optimized way. The method we had developed first is a service that you'll only find here proper working.

LV2Go Information file[/b]

Pieter's mobile INF modified for v77.62

Larry's DELL 5150/5160 optimized INF

John's DELL 8200/M50 optimized INF

Jeroen's MEDiON 41300 optimized INF

Teraphy's "PHP INF enhancement" page

nVLiTE page

(170DLs)

LV2Go_mobile_INF_for_v77.62.zip

Nothing for a couple of weeks, and then we are hit with about 6 new drivers in about a week.. will give these a spin tonight..

it doesn#t stop 77.40 for 64bit XP was just leaked, also Alienware released 76.50 for a whole range of Go6800 plus Go 6800 Ultra and QuadroFX1400 Go cards :)

Guest RDJONESKU
it doesn#t stop 77.40 for 64bit XP was just leaked, also Alienware released 76.50 for a whole range of Go6800 plus Go 6800 Ultra and QuadroFX1400 Go cards  :)

If I have a Dell with the Nvidia 6800 Go Ultra, can I use the drivers provided by Alienware or do I have to get my drivers through Dell?

You can use any drivers we provide in combination with Pieter's mobile INF for the the driver you choose.

Guest Guest

This is my first go at sing LaptopVideo2Go modded drivers on my brand new laptop. I tried these as these were the latest at the time. I extracted the .exe file and replaced the nv4_disp file with the one that is in Pieter's INF, then ran setup, it then said it "could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

I opened the modded INF file and my Go 6600 was not listed, I presume thats why it wont work? Do I need to move down versions till I find one with my GPU listed?

Or do I need to uninstall my current drivers then try? :)

Thanks

Edited by ®®®

Unfortenutelatey ASUS Z71V (DEV_ID0144) is currently not supported.

Guest Clifford

THis forum is AWESOME!!!

I did a quick test on my new Toshiba Satellite M60 notebook

2.13 Ghz

1GB (512 x2)

17" WSXGA+

Nvidia Geforce 6600 128mb

100GB 5400rpm HDD

out of the box 3dmark2005 scores:

After installing these great new drivers and inf files:

Thanks, for the kind words. We try!

To "Guest" and others with the Go6600. All the 7x.xx drivers, with the exception of the 64bit version, should work for you now. Let us know if they dont.

You'll need to download the inf again to get the updated version.

Clifford can you run the NERD tool and post the log files in the appropiate DEV_ID post of the mobile NVIDIA BIOS section?

Guest RDJONESKU

With 77.30 on my DELL XPS Generation 2 Laptop, I had a 3DMARK2005 score of 5000. After I updated my drivers to 77.62, I scored 5218. That and the fact that Battlefield's shadow problem is no longer a problem.

One question: Can this possibly damage my laptop in the long run? What is the difference between installing a desktop driver with a fixed inf file and the nvidia drivers released by DELL?

it's all in the mobile Video BIOS backup section, stickied there. Also the DEV_IDs posts i mentioned you can find there. Just get a little familiar with our humble forum :)

RDJONESKU, there's no chance of damage unless you overclock. The only reason nvidia doesn't include mobile chips in their regular releases is because laptop manufacturers like to customize the drivers to fit the features of individual laptop models.

Welcome to the forums RDJONESKU, as a gift for registering, you have your name in lights, well sorta, in this thread. :) :)

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=7354

Ok, while it had nothing to do with you registering, I did quote you in that topic lol, feel free to post more comments about that new demo in there.

BTW, nice laptop ya got there. :( :P

Edit: BTW, its not my website, although I guess it is kinda a joint operation these days (im just a lonely forum mod, as in not a full mod)

Mobilenvidia and ®®® basically run the place, with the rest of us helping out

:) Spread the word. Mouth to mouth propaganda. That's how it developed here.

Gunna try these on my M40 wish me luck ;D ... and also greetings from NTB Clifford (; saw your post over there and decided to upgrade myself heheh...

Same here. For me, the most recent driver with PowerMizer sliders is 72.14.

What do you guys mean with the PowerMizer sliders? If it is the bar where you can chose between max performance, max power savings and balanced, then I haven't got that problem with the 77.13,77.30,77.50 and all the drivers before the 71.89 ones (haven't tried any drivers between 71.89 & 77.13)

Or is it something else that I never have recognised ? :)

Guest RDJONESKU

I guess I should inform you guys that I received an error after restarting with the 77.62 driver installed. I installed the driver, played the battlefield 2 demo for about 2 hours, and then shutdown my laptop. When I turned my laptop on this morning, everything appeared to run fine. When my laptop reached the desktop, I got a blue screen that told me I had a problem with one of my drivers. (0x0000008e... ) I restarted the computer in safe mode and uninstalled the driver (77.62) and installed 77.50. I never had 77.50 installed on my computer. I went from 77.30 to 77.62. I have had no problems with this driver, and I have shutdown my computer a few times. Maybe it was just a fluke, but I just thought other people with the go6800 ultra might want to know.