LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v77.62 XP 32bit | NV

®®®

What do you guys mean with the PowerMizer sliders? If it is the bar where you can chose between max performance, max power savings and balanced, then I haven't got that problem with the 77.13,77.30,77.50 and all the drivers before the 71.89 ones (haven't tried any drivers between 71.89 & 77.13)

Or is it something else that I never have recognised ? :)

Interesting :) Do you have made any modifications to your custom made INF, that may affect it?

Jeroen, you're right... it doesn't affect all laptops. We're still trying to understand why it only affects certain GPUs.

RDJONESKU, thanks for the heads up. It may have been a fluke, but we'll keep our eyes on it.

:)

Heh, nope, I didn't do any special modifications or something for that :)

strange that it doesn't seem to work on the FX Go5200 as mine is in the same category (they say it is a faster clocked 5200 ... )

Could be something about the manufacturer or something ?

I suspect it has something to do with the BIOS. I'm going to do some serious investigaion of this pretty soon. I'm sure it's not what nvidia intends to happen.

Guest Guest

Ok I wanna report a few problems as well :)

Indeed my laptop was shutting down a few times already since I installed this driver. I'm also getting some black textures (when playing GTA:SA, the road in front and behind me is completely black, also some textures wont draw properly even when I approach them in game)

I got a sony vaio 2.8ghz, 512 ram nvidia geforce 5600 fx 64mb

I have this too

But I had this with the 77.13,77.30,77.50 drivers too. I don't know for sure but I though it was with the 71.89 too (only used them for 1 day with San Andreas)

I think it's in the game, because I had that with vice city too (And GTA3,Vice city and San Andreas are all on the same GTA3 engine)

It may be fixed in some newer drivers but I don't know for sure !

I'd also like to report a problem with these drivers. It's not you guys in particular. I'm using the Xtreme-G 77.62 type2 drivers. I'm getting some weird washout type problems when playing videos, reguardless of the video type or player. So I'm assuming its the driver. This is on my desktop 6800GT. I've had no such problems with my laptop tho. WTF?

Just looking for some insight, even though its a desktop problem. Strange tho.

Have you tried changing the color/digital vibrance settings?

Go into the nview display properties, right click on your screen and go to color correction, then change the options, since it is just videos where you have the prolem go to the overlay color properties instead, then change them, preferably with a video playing, then hit apply when it looks good.

Guest LasseMan

I think I have a similiar problem as RDJONESKU, but I have the v77.30 driver. This happens with WoW and BF2. I'm playing for a couple of hours and then a bluescreen appears that says that the OS has been shut down and then points the error to the INF file.

Edited by ®®®

Guest Guest
Have you tried changing the color/digital vibrance settings?

Go into the nview display properties, right click on your screen and go to color correction, then change the options, since it is just videos where you have the prolem go to the overlay color properties instead, then change them, preferably with a video playing, then hit apply when it looks good.

I'll check that out, but i know that I do not currently have digital vibrance on. And it works fine on my laptop with a fresh install of the drivers. Games are fine on the desktop as well, the only problem is the washed out video. I did run driver cleaner beforehand too, so I have no idea why this is happening.

Washed out video is the result of your overlay contrast and saturation settings. Go into the Color Correction page of the nvidia control panel and find the drop-down menu that says Desktop. Open it and select "Overlay" and increase the Contrast setting. It probably is set at the default 90%. Increasing it to 100 will help a lot.

Also check the "Video Overlay Settings" page. Increasing the Saturation may help. Also, checking the VMR box may help. VMR is the preferred setting for cards that can handle it, which yours easily does.

Guest Guestguy

Hey thats awesome guys these drivers work great, especially for Battlefield 2 on my ASUS A71V. Its the first time i ever did this and the tutorials are a big help. This might have been said somewhere else but I noticed that the only refresh rate available is 60 hz. On my original drivers for the Go 6600 there were many refresh rates up to 85 hz. It looks like now 60 hz is the only refresh rate able to be choosen. I was wondering if there was any way to change these settings or if it was bad for the display. Its not that big of a deal but anyways just wondering.

Hibernating seems to be going slow like molasses. When it's saving it's current state while shutting down. I will have to look into that tonight. Anyone else have this problem?

NVIDIA have posted 77.72 on their site. It's categorised as "Release 75". I wanted to post it as a new thread in the forum but I can't..........I'm not allowed........... :)

:)

Guest Ozric
I think I have a similiar problem as RDJONESKU, but I have the v77.30 driver. This happens with WoW and BF2. I'm playing for a couple of hours and then a bluescreen appears that says that the OS has been shut down and then points the error to the INF file.

I have the same issue....

Any ideas?

Does it really point to the INF :) ?? That is kind of astonishing and i dare to say that it never happens.

Guest Ozric
Does it really point to the INF :) ?? That is kind of astonishing and i dare to say that it never happens.

Yes, the BSOD that I get, talks about a INF file and the NVIDIA driver. However, the screen does not last long enough for me to read all of it. It just reboots.

Now, I was reading on this site somewhere, that the INF file can only be in 1 place with XP. I have the INF file in 2 places. The place where I unzipped it and its in c\NVIDIA\xp2k(whatever this directory is named)\77.30

This is the correct place for the INF file, correct?

Thanks,

Ozric

®®® is right... the inf is completely out of the picture once the installation is complete. The error is probably pointing to nv4_disp.dll not nv4_disp.inf.

Assuming that's the case, your game is calling a function that either the card or the driver doesn't support. Check to see if you've enabled an ATI function in the game. Or try a different driver version to see if it behaves differently. (For BF2 you need driver version 77.30 or higher.)

I had been getting that error when my laptop has been BSODing. (sometimes it shows up, sometimes it locks with no error)

Anyway, you say you can't see it, so how do you know it is the INF?

Mine ALWAYS says it is nv4_disp.dll.

Like they say, all the INF does is tell the driver how to install and with what settings, it does not have a real purpose after that when the driver is running, the driver files (nv4_disp.dll, ect) take over from there.

This could also be a hardware issue, but in your case that seems unlikely.

That game or the more likely the driver could just have bugs in it.

This is the correct place for the INF file, correct?

The correct place for Pieter's mobile INF is "c\NVIDIA\xp2k(whatever this directory is named)\77.30". It must be the dir where all other driver files (.DLLs, HLPs, setup.exe etc.) from the NVIDIA driver (you downloaded from here or elsewhere) exist.