LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Battlefield 2 - a suggestion which driver to use

Bill

Guest Guzik

77.62 drivers are running great on my system. BF2 is playing very smoothly on the highest settings on up to 32 person maps. Lag now and then.. but its probably just the server's fault. Havn't tried a 64 person map yet.

OC'd my go6800 (just detected optimal settings) and am scoring a 36xx on 3dMark05! ^^

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill

• Night Fire

• Fabrice Roux

• ggtronic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Matt - UkClubDJ.com

Hi All,

I have great news for all you FX Go 5600 users, but more to the point people like me who have a Sony Viao laptop and want to run BattleField 2!!!!

After hunting through the net I found this site, whilst trying to find some updated drivers for my GeForce FX Go 5600 (Sony). Now Sony (in there great wisdom) don't like releasing up-dated drivers. So when BattleField 2 came along I wasn't happy that the graphics had no texture at all during game play.

So after trying to get your modded version of the Forceware 77.70 drivers to work, I thought...

"Hang on, if I get the 77.30 driver set (BattleField 2 driver set from you guys!) that does work with non-Sony FX Go 5600's, and dump the NVSZ.INF from an older 71.22 driver set that was the last to support the Sony brand card, maybe it will work"

And slap my bum and call me Charlie it worked!!!! :) And unlike the problems I had with the modded 77.70 driver set I got from www.guru3d.com the 77.30 set I am using now doesn't have any problems playing videos. The 77.70 seems to screw the colour up.

So now I can happly play BattleField 2 on my mobile GeForce FX Go 5600 with no problems.

Hurrra for me!!!

I thought I should inform you guys, and I only registered to tell you all, as I noticed another user on this site having the same problem as me.

Well it's 2.14 am here in the UK, and I have been at this problem for the past 4-5 hours. But what a result.

Night!

I'm just curious, how many Toshiba M40 6600Go users are having toubles loading this game?

Guest Keith Mann
And slap my bum and call me Charlie it worked!!!!  And unlike the problems I had with the modded 77.70 driver set I got from www.guru3d.com the 77.30 set I am using now doesn't have any problems playing videos. The 77.70 seems to screw the colour up.

So now I can happly play BattleField 2 on my mobile GeForce FX Go 5600 with no problems.

Matt, how do you find your BF2 performance? I'm pegged at 15 FPS with newer drivers (anything that shows texture); with older drivers I'm in the 20-30 FPS range generally. Might be a video RAM issue, since I'm stuck with 64MB.

Guest Ineptgeek

Ive tried pretty much every driver on the site and still cant get bf2 to run on my xps gen2 (gf go 6800 ultra)... The first splash screen comes up, then the monitor flickers black like its loading the game, but just drops right back to desktop. Getting seriously frustrated with this ###### thing.

Will running nerd give any info that will help figure out whats going on with this?

thanks,

john

Getting seriously frustrated with this ###### thing.

Your not the only one, I think it is all EAs fault, but anyway.

There is a patch available here, why it isn't listed in the downloads page with the other downloads I do not know, but here is the current patch, maybe it will fix something. (I only saw mention of it on the side, they should be releasing a new patch soon too)

http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefiel...tyupdate_071505

I have also heard from somebody there is some kind of hack available that allows it to run on GF4s and stuff, so there might be some hope for you if you look around, I will look into the hack when I have time.

I have asked the guy that told me about it to give me some more info. (he is from the nvidia forums, and like just about every other laptop user out there, has problems getting this poorly programed game to run)

Edited by Bill

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SGT. VEGETA

Hi all,

first I'd like to say this is an awesome forum and you guys look like to know lots about laptops and video cards and games.

Ok, I hope I don't ask anything stupid here but I have a problem with Battlefield 2 as well.

Here are my laptop's specs:

Medion 95500

512 DDRAM

1.97 GH CENTRINO

INTEL CHIPSET

NVIDIA GEFORCE 6600 GO

WIDESCREEN 17"

When I run the game BF2 the game freezes a lot and the quality is F(&^*** poor :)

Mostly, I get the error, NV4_DISP.dll . . .

I can not update my driver as well, that was the first thing I've tried, I have now 7.1.5.0 Forceware.

This works ok but not for games( terrible in the whole ligne)

The error I get when trying to install a new driver is the following :

Could not locate any drivers compatible with current hardware. Setup will now close ...

Can somebody help me please I really ran out of options and I nearly smacked the notebook on the ground.

I'd really appreciate if u guys could help me out, I think this site is the only place that can help me and where I 've read familier probs.

thanks in advance!

Steven. :P :)

Guest SGT. VEGETA

HI ALL !

First af all sorry for posting something that was already in some previous post!

My battlefield 2 game works awesome with the 77.50 driver update and the Pieter INF file.

This is a genious correction, really my congrats to all of you who have helped to make this driver work.

KEEP ON DOING THE GOOD WORK!!!

Greets!

Steven. :)

Hi..

I'm having a similar problem where the screen turns black for a few seconds when i run the game... and then it quits and goes back to the desktop. I've tried countless drivers already from this site and from my laptop's website. The one I'm using now (which also failed) is 77.77 with the modded inf. Also my BF2's been updated to 1.02 all along.

WHY AINT IT WORKIN :) :)

Hi all,

I guess I cheered out to soon.

First two times I played the game it was awesome, resolution at highest capacity, and details medium.

However, the third time I ran the game Battlefield 2 I saw that the graphics were pretty f***** up. Lignes where drawling around and good gameplay had become impossible.

I've tried numerous of drivers including the patched INF by Pieter , but no result :)

I ran out of options, and I don't think I can replace the NV 6600 GO card bij another one !

If possible, Bill , can maybe help u and me mate, but I'm sure this is an issue related to BF2 as well.

Help?

Steven.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Blasmofo

I´ve just saw that Dell lounched a new driver for the GeForce Go 6800. Would this driver perfrm better than the 77.62 driver on BF2?

Have a Dell Inspiron 9300 with the Go 6800.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest My own evil twin

Dell Latitude D800 P4M 2.0, 1G RAM, 5650 w/128Mb.

I love this site. I was able to update my drivers with ease.

I have attached 2 logfiles - one before and one after.

I was able to run BF2 (with the warning each time it loaded) before, but it looked like arse. It looks much better now, the game (still at low settings) is now very choppy.

Any suggestions on improving performance?

I went from the 67.42 (latest for the 5650go) to the 77.30 to the 77.50 to the 77.62 and tested between each one. In the newer drivers the 77.62 gave the best performance.

I just checked with Dell and there was a BIOS update (From A11 to A13), so I updated and it had no effect on the performance of the game.

Dell Latitude D800 P4M 2.0, 1G RAM, 5650 w/128Mb.

LogFile1.txt

LogFile2.txt

Hey,

Iam probably just too stupid and forgot to read something but I downloaded Bill's driver version 7762 for a geforce 6600 go, after unziping and installing it just gave me the same message as common graphic card drivers, which said no compatible graphiccard found.

What do I stiill need to do with those drivers so they will run with my card?

thanks

Fabian

Guest My own evil twin

There are 2 keys to updating the drivers:

First is to ensure you have the updated INF (which you mentioned you did) and that it is placed in the extracted drivers folder (you will get a prompt to overwrite an existing file of the same name when you copy it there). Once there, this shows the other key step:

Step_13.png

found in the update/install instructions here:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=33

You have to TELL Windows to use the drivers as it will still choose to not use them if it has the choice to.

I'm using the 78.11 and they work fine, I play in low setting and have to live wit ha crash or two a day,

Also tried the new 80 series but no luck there so far, the latest ones 81.26 looked great but all humans are black?????? any one else wit hthis problem?

tnx

I have a Toshiba M40-YP3 its a canadian model.

Nvidia Geforce go 6600 128mb

512mb Ram

And i have been downloading many of you drivers but all of them give me the same problem. BF2 only show the logo and then a black screen and then im back in window. So i have been reading and i dont see if anyone has succesfully played BF2 in a TOSHIBA M40. I dont know what to do, please help

I tested BF2 now with 77.70! Great! No lagging anymore and no graphic-failures!

=============================

Toshiba P10-554

P4 2.8 HT

geForce FX Go 5600 64MB

2x512MB Kingston DDR-400

Hitachi TS-7K60

Hi i just upgrade my laptop to toshiba f20 from M60.

I had BF2 installed and ran on the M60 after using the updated driver. now i tried to installed BF2 after i updated my driver on the f20, i can't install it (same problem with the M60 before i updated the driver, was not able to install). at the end of installing disk 3, it says something along, there is an error please retry installing it agian. is it maybe because the f20 comes with windows MCE, where as the M60 was just xp home.

maybe its beause i tried to install 78.82 that was said to be made for toshiba first, after that did not work, i uninstalled the drivers and put in the driver from toshiba's homepagel; then used the 77.5 + inf file as told on this fourm. which ever it is, i can't run bf2 at the moment.

thank you.

I have tried every driver now

and tried install trough device manage but when i have selected the inf from Pieter

and press next it stop and say The following part in the inf can not be found ?

And now BF2 doesnt work anymore. Logo -> Black screen for some secs -> back to desktop

any ideas ?

My computer is totally f***** :/

BF2 doesnt work anymore with any drivers

I have removed everything with Drivercleaner

But i cant install it with device manage

It stops and says the following part is not found in the inf

What can I do ?

Oooohkay, I just wanted to clear up my findings here:

Battlefield 2 worked fine with my Toshiba M40-SF3 GeForce 6600 GO with the DHZeroPoint drivers based of 76.xx. When I try any of the 77, 78 or 80s family from this site or the 78.xx driver from DHZeroPoint it doesn't work, if fullscreen is set to 1 then it just crashes after black screen, if it's set to 0 in the shortcut then I get the weird error. I researched on the error and it means that the game can not start on the LOW resolution that is 800x600. This makes me think that our widescreen is at fault here and conflicts with something that has changed in the recent drivers. I'm trying all the different settings in the newer drivers to make them work like the old ones did.

Things I have tried:

Switching anything battlefield related in configs from 800x600 to 1280x800 and 59Hz

Running the game in 800x600 desktop resolution

Formatting, reinstalling the game (back when I didn't know the drivers were at fault)

Things that made notable effect:

Deleting your Battlefield 2 folder from My Documents resets all your config values. If you install an older driver after having installed a new one then you HAVE to delete this folder in order for your game to work again.

Now could somoene PLEASE give us a working driver, I spent an entire week trying to get my game work. 76.xx work okay but they crash if I set settings to high and also shadows don't get rendered properly. Nvidia or Toshiba don't care about us I don't think so it's pretty much up to third-parties. Start screwing around with your settings people and see what's causing this problem in the new drivers that was turned off/non-included in the pre 76.xx ones. Good luck.

Edited by Bill

Very good information there, I will have to update the topic later this week with that nice info. :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

okay i just to update, if anyone else have the same problme with installation as me, i found out what the problem was.

it was problem with the CD itself, went and exchanged for a new set, works fine.

i wish i could play at high setting though