LaptopVideo2Go Forums

fan noise @ FSC Amilo M3438

Guest Asbjørn Morell

Guest Asbjørn Morell

Hello.

If I use any of the nvidia drivers from laptopvideo2go my cpu/gpu fan is running at max speed all the time. This is driving me crazy!! I had to switch back to the original drivers. My laptop is an Amilo M3438 with a Geforce 6800.

Best regards.

Asbjørn Morell.

Edited by ®®®

Which is the original driver provided by FUJITSU?

Try setting the PowerMizer Slider in the NV ControlPanel to 'balance' or 'Maximum Savings' and watch/hear what happens.

Do you have a link to the Fujitsu support webiste and specs for this AMILO model?

Guest Asbjørn Morell.

tried it.. no effect. fan is still running at max speed. tempeture is 45c when idle and 60c when playing. Is there anything else I could try?

Best regards.

Asbjørn.

Guest Guest

I have the same machine with the same issue. Going back to stock drivers for now. Anyone who could tell me if fujitsusiemens ever will be updating their drivers? Or is it very common that the manufactors do that? I would love to play battlefield 2. And it's simply now playable with my stock drivers. Low fps between 10-20 with shadow errors. With the 77.62 driver it is 100 all the time.

Guest Asbjørn Morell.

I have contacted fujitsu-siemens technical support serveral times.. however they just said something about that the model is so new that there is no new drivers on the website. I have tried to shut the fan off with speedfan, centrino hardware control. However I have failed so far. Please tell me if you get this working.. my email is atmorell@gmail.com

Thanks for the PDF link. The only thing i can recommend for general Fan control is try out SpeedFan (eventuellay even register as BETA tester).

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=7296

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Guest Asbjørn Morell.

Speedfan does not detect my gpu/cpu fan. I have registered as a beta user and submitted a report to alfredo. The nvidia drivers for the Amilo m3438 has just been submitted on fujitsu-siemens website.

edit: got it. thanks for the info

Best regards.

Asbjørn Morell.

Edited by ®®®

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Asbjørn Morell

you da man!!!

It worked and my fan is off with the new 77.72 dirver :)

note:

install the driver.

create the 2 keys and restart the nvidia display driver service. (or restart computer.

Best regards.

Asbjørn Morell.

I'll add those tweaks from 72.50 to my v30.73 INFs (not released yet).

I'll trial them to see what happens.

Added to just uploaded v30.73 INFs, you should from now on have no more problems with the fan unless it causes problems for others.

Enjoy.