LaptopVideo2Go Forums

DivX and XviD stopped working! How to fix?

yazooo

• 6 months later...

Okay, I think we've found a solution for this overlay problem with new drivers. Please follow this link.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I had the same problem, a diagonal line appeared when I tried to play a video full screen. I disabled VMR in the video overlay menu of my graphics card settings, and it went away. However, when I now try to start a video in Windows Media Player Classic, it immediately switches to full screen and puts everything else in the background. The video "status bar" doesnt display in the bottom anymore, pressing escape or double clicking wont help getting it back to normal size, and ctrl-alt-del or any combination like that doesnt help either. ctrl-alt-del does start the task manager, only in the background. The only way I have so far found to get the video to stop is resetting my laptop. I have now turned VMR back on and the problem is gone (though the diagonal line is back of course). Its a bit of a strange problem, but can anybody help?

Thanks in advance,

JaySee