LaptopVideo2Go Forums

5100go drivers?

Guest Stagman

Guest Stagman

I've had my Toshiba p15-409 for awhile now with the 5100go video card, but im not sure what drivers are needed to get it better. I've searched around but could not find any info on the 5100.

Thanks.

I don't think I have seen anyone with that card either.

I would suggest the 77.72 driver with Pieter's moddified INF.

Here are some instructions. (DivX® video here)

You could also run this tool and post the log file here if you want.

NERD tool

Let us know if you have any problems with that driver or any more questions.

Bill

Yes Stagman. Pls. run NERD and we know what kind of NV chip (plus all the nice details) you got.

• 4 months later...

Hey, I'm not this above person but I also have a GF FX Go 5100. I ran NERD like you said. Do I attach it here for you to look at? I also want to get an idea of which driver I should and can download.

You should just attach the logfile, or post its contents. (but posting it takes up a few screens)

If the newer drivers, like the 81 and 82 series, don't recognize your card with Pieter's mod INF, we need your nerd log and maybe some other info to include your rare card in the INF.

Here ya go. I posted both log files. I installed 77.72 as was prescribed in the post above, but if I can upgrade the drivers to the best (so I can gain some performance benefits), I'd like to do so. If I just can download the latest drivers (80 series I guess) then I guess I will, but if you have any advice, it'd be appreciated. I just wasn't sure whether or not I could download the most updated driver since my card isn't as good as most of the drivers discussed on the site.

LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.txt

LaptopVideo2Go_ErrorLogFile.txt