Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• Bill

• mobilenvidia

• LSudlow

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest nyc718
Driver version 80.40 with Pieter's mod INF should work fine unless you have some kind of new 6800 ultra go card, in which case you should run this tool and attach the logfile.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=756 (running that will tell you all the system specs that you dont know, which you can then fill in your profile :) )

Instructions to install the drivers are here.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=33

Just replace the inf in the driver with Pieter's INF and install it using the device manager.

thank you bill!

heres what i got... (attached)

am i safe to run these drivers?

thank you again...

nyc718.LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.txt

Edited by ®®®

Those should run fine, just install then correctly using Pieter's mod INF in the device manager and it should be fine, just remember these drivers are betas after all, but they run fine on my desktop PC.

If the drivers don't install for some reason, just report back here.

Guest - StYx -
The driver messed up windows media player. It makes video overly bright. I use a P4 Nvidia Geforce Fx Go 5700.

I got only black screen in BSPlayer. Here's the solution: go to the advanced preferences of nVidia, then go to "Video Overlay Settings" and enable "VMR". Problem should be fixed.

grtzz

- StYx -

I am now using the 80.40 drivers and have not noticed anything wrong yet- knock on wood... anyways... keep up the good work!

SaternKnight

Hi, i have a p4 3ghz with a fx go 5700 128mb. Since i installed 80.40 drivers everything looks fine until i tried to play a video file, there isn´t any format that i can play now either windows media or any other player.

i think the driver messed un the clocks  :)   take a look at the pictures......

any ideas???? ..... it kind of overheating..... :)

any1 got a GF GO 5700 to confirm this????

Confirmed, but not sure what happened.

I ran a normal 3DMark03+05 with slight overclock, OK.

A heavier overclock made the FPS come down 30-60% but as the temperature display was missing, I couldn't see how high it was. But as I never could go much over 70 C, I wasn't so worried. Just removed 80.40 and continue testing with 7x.

Thank u for the 80.40 Driver. I test the driver with WE8 that I play everyday and find that the 80.40 make the slower speed of movement in game than 77.70 that I use before. Anyway.. I think it is the one nice driver.

Guest uprise

Hello,

I came across this wonderful sight while trying to see if anyone was having the same issue as myself. I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 with the Go 6800 running the stock Dell drivers. When trying to load up Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 I first ran into issues with an error about 3D not being hardware supported. I fixed that with DirectX reinstall. Now when I load it up I can only get to the splash screen before it stops responding.

Is there anyone out there that has successfully run MSFS 2004 on Inspiron 9300 or similar? If so, what drivers/inf are you using? I am going to try out the new 80.40's tonight to see if that takes care of it along with a reinstall of MSFS just in case.

Thank,

uprise

Flight SIM 2004 has never been picky like that for me, newer drivers should fix the problem right up, although, unlike some off us, the dell drivers you are/were using are not that old, in my case the dell drivers would be version 42, which is very old, and probably will not work very well with the flight sim.

Re-installing should work, are you sure the window is not hidden off of the screen?

I built a PC with 2 gf cards and it runs flight sim 2004 just fine with 4 monitors, never had problems trying different drivers.

Guest fordprefect

I keep on getting the following when trying to download the NFO.

Not Found

The requested URL /nvidia/series80/8040.nfo was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.download.laptopvideo2go.com Port 80

Can someone help me?

80.40 NFO link has been fixed (yesterday)

We were still in fixing links from the big shift, we had a tidy up on the server.

Sorry about that.

I've gotten the best 3d mark score so far with this driver. 4213 but it's too glitchy in World of Warcraft for me to keep. Not sure which driver to go back to. I tried this one due to not being tottaly happy with my old one. 77.71.

Dell 9300

2mb ram

6800 gefore go

Pentium M 1.86

I got NkvMon.exe crashes on desktop load with these drivers... currently using 77.56, this is very stable, and plays Doom3&JointOpps very well.

Great Forum you have here... Pleasure to join a fine group.

hi all

pls help me

i bought a Fujitsu-Siemens Lap-top with 6800 go 256mb, but i dont know, wich driver must i install!

8040, or 7650, or other?!

Pls help me fast, because i have 596 point in 3dmark2k5, and it is a bit lol!

thx

You can use either one you want, any of the drives here that are mobile will work. All you have to do is download the Compressed file and extract it, and download the inf of it and replace the one in the extraced folder.

Hi sirmaxwell

i've 3438G of fujitsu and i use 78.10 latest official driver for this model

you can download in page one with modded inf or on fujitsu web

80.40 and 76.50 works fine (i use it in the past ) simply difference in 76.50 fan is always enable -> temperature of gpu is lower than 78.10 & 80.40

i can't see significative difference in 3Dmark05 between these 3 versus

Driver version 80.40 with Pieter's mod INF should work fine unless you have some kind of new 6800 ultra go card, in which case you should run this tool and attach the logfile.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=756 (running that will tell you all the system specs that you dont know, which you can then fill in your profile :) )

Instructions to install the drivers are here.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=33

Just replace the inf in the driver with Pieter's INF and install it using the device manager.

thank you bill!

heres what i got... (attached)

am i safe to run these drivers?

thank you again...

hi all, same question as nyc...

heres the logfile

LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.txt

Hi

I have XFX 7800 GT and I'm running in to sudden crashes in games. Both HalfLife2 and WoW. Before a total lock-up i get graphical errors like patterns, changed colors, distorted textures etc. After a couple of seconds everything just stops. Sometimes i get an error message mentioning nv4disp.

Is this a driver issue?

What is that widescreen+DVI problem Glimmerman mentioned about on page 1?

What can I do to find out what causes the error?

This is my computer:

Athlon X2 4200+

2GB TWINX DDR RAM

XFX Geforce7800GT

MSI K8N Neo4-F motehrboard

Dell 2005FPW widescreen lcd monitor

ForceWare 77.77 drivers

Guest Dizzydan_02

I have an Alienware 7700 w/ nvidia go 6800 ultra and have just downloaded the 80.40 driver and pieters inf. Now when i play a game i am able to play for about 5 mins. then the computer locks up and goes to the blue screen.

Try out 77.77 instead of "PRE-BETA-ALPHA-obviously not-ready-80.40"

Guest backminator
...Is the 5600Go good enough to run Battlefield2? Thought this would be a torture?

Some expiriences?

BF2 should run on that card, provided you have correctly installed drivers that are compatible with it.

Please check out this topic, and try the demo first, which is also linked here.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=7354

It says the minimum is a GF FX 5700, but I have heard of people getting it running on the 5200, so you should be good to go. :)

Anything less than the 5200 will probably never work at all. (I have tried everything on my desktop with a GF3 [DX 8.1, has pixel shaders 1.1] and it never would run :) )

Tried the 80.40 release, with the modified .inf of Pieter on my Sony Vaio S3XP with a Geforce 6200Go.

Didnt work.

WHen I rebooted it displayed the XP startup logo (with the moving bar) then it rebooted again, and again and again....

So basically it never came to the surface.

So now Im back to the Sony official 70.87 forceware OOOOLLLLDDDD.

I need 77.xx or newer.

Any hints?

I have been using the 80.40 drivers since they were out. I am overclocking and do not experience any lockups or crashes with anything including World of Warcraft and Battle for Middle Earth.

With the 80.40 drivers and 375/761 I get:

4381 with image settings=Quality, max render=3

4117 with image settings=Quality, max render=0

4507 with image settings=High Performance, max render=3

4493 with image settings=High Performance, max render=6

The highest I can get my core/mem is 385/780 with a few artifacts.