LaptopVideo2Go Forums
®®®

v80.40 XP 32bit | NV

Guest Corby

Hi

I am not sure if this is a driver problem, but I have tried with most other things...

I am having a problem when running DVD's from my inspiron 9300 to my projector (BenQ PE5100) over av DVI cable. The problem is that the aspect ratio is not right... 16:9 movies appear like 2:35 movies and 2:35 is even thiner on the screen... DIVX movies run just as they should, the problem is only related to DVD's.

I have tried most of the settings in both my DVD programs and in the Nvidia settings, but without any luck... :)

Can anyone give me a clue?

Guest Blue_Sassley

I have a Alienware 5500 / 766 with Alienware's newest BIOS update and a GF GO 5600 FX and for some reason if I use anyother driver besides the crappy 56.77 verison EVE Online crashes or windows get all pissed off or something else really bad seems to happen and I wanted to know if anyone else has had any other issues with this... Also I did try and use NERD to get the system info on my machine and of course like everything else it hates me and crashes at the EIED part of the test... So sorry I could not really listed anything else...

Blue

mobilenvidia

Cheers for that we already have 81.26 uploaded with modded INF.

Way before Hilbert had it :)

Links are in the 'News' section.

We are waiting on RRR to make new template for driver.

Enjoy

Guest Guest

Hi,

does this one work with my GeForce GF Go5600? I need the latest driver for GTA San Andreas desperately. Please help Stevo

Guest BurnerHead

hi,

I want to know at least whether it's good to use the new one 80.40 or to stay at my actual driver called 77.77???

please help.

Regards,

BurnerHEAD

Bill

BurnerHead, your current 77.77 driver should be good enough, you should probably wait a bit more before you start trying the 80 series, also the 77.77 is newer than the 80.40 I think, I am not sure though.

That 80.40 driver does run just fine on our desktop with a GF3 though.

Guest xtopi
1 Member already said Thank You!

<a href="index.php?showuser=1273">DoZe</a>

80.40 driver - geforce fx 5600 go

NO VIDEO PLAYBACK IN WIN XP.

BLACK MEDIA PLAYER !!! WHY...???

please help

Bill

You have to enable VMR in the nvidia control panel and in windows media player to get video playback.

This has been covered many times over already. (search button)

Interesting though as that is the first time I have seen anybody quote "Thank You!"

xear0

Hey guys... in new to this fourm :o)

Just installed the 80.4 drivers on my hp zd7000 cto with 5700go 128mb...

everything seemed fine untill i tried DVD playback using intervideo... no picture!

uninstalled the drivers... and then reinstalled.... played the DVD using mediaplayer... with VMR enabled... now intervideo working! ... confused

Also... trying to decode video to divx left video and audio out of sync....

will get back with update... also.. im sure ive missed alot since its going to take me a while to read through all the threads... so if im not doing something obvious I apologize in advance

What has beent the optimum drivers for my card? the benchmarks posted so far seem a bit off.. so im feeling a little lost. would apprecieate any help

Thanks

Guest Klonos

Hi everyone from Greece...

just got my new laptop with 6800 Go/256RAM and used 80.40. Lineage II crashes the system (no warning, just sudden shut down) at random time shortly after game starts. It used to be ok with same driver version (80.40) in my old laptop with FX Go 5600/64RAM and 78.10

I've googled it a bit and found a post saing that 6800 go doesn't support Lineage II. Is this true? Anyone else having the same issue?

Will give a try at 81.26 and let everyone know how it goes.

mobilenvidia

That would be very unlikely, the driver might be to blame.

Give 81.26 or 81.84 a try.

Guest Klonos

Hey there mobilenvidia,

81.26 did nothing. Same ###### shut down.

Could not find 81.84 at laptopvideo2go.com so I googled it a bit (nice idea for everybody to do so before bothering enybody) and fpund it to still be in beta. That, I believe explains why it is not yet available at laptopvideo2go.com

Anyway, I might give it a frustrated try and keep my fingers crossed. In case I decide to do so, will Pieter's INF version 30.86 work with it?

Thank you for the reply btw. Will let you know how (if ever) it goes.

mobilenvidia

It's here, just look about 3 posts up from this one, we've had it up for ages.

There are even 2 versions of the INF for it.

Or just check here : http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=7959

Guest Guest

i'm playin Lineage 2 on my Dell XPS GEN 2 with GF Go 6800 ultra. Lineage 2 is 100% compatible... whoever told you that was full of BS.

=)

Guest Panpan

Thank you for your job.

I have a little problem with this drive :) :

When I play video (avi, dvd ...), at the firts play its good but after the screen become green.

I searched in this topic but I find nothing.

Can you help me please.

My laptop is an Acer Aspire 1525WLMI

-> FX Go5700 64 Mo

sfried

I've heard things about 80.40 performing just as good with 67.66 (which I still use) in image quality but better in performance.

From the looks of it, though, it seems 80.40 has run into alot of problems. The 67.66 driver released doesn't look like it relys on RAM as much as other drivers (letting the chip do all the processing), but I'd just like to know how 80.40 fares in comparison.

Edited by sfried