LaptopVideo2Go Forums

no recent drivers working on laptop?

Guest JebusKrist

Guest JebusKrist

i have a vprMatrix 220A5 with a Geforce4 420 Go 32M and i cant seem to get any recent driver from here or anywhere else to work with this system. i boot windows and im stuck at 800x600x4bit or it could be 640x480x4bit and the drivers are installed "correctly" as far as i can tell yet i cant change anything and when i enable the second display which seemingly has more options concerning resolution and such it disables my internal LCD and i have to boot into safe mode remove the driver and keep trying any ideas?

edit: well it seems 5X.XX drivers dont work 4X.XX seemingly works fine so i'll stick with those until you guys can figure something out great work regardless

You aren't alone... We've heard from others who can't get any of the 5x.xx drivers to work. (And we're already hearing from the next generation... those who can't get the 6x.xx drivers to work.) Of course the up-side is that for non-DX9 games, the 4x.xx drivers are significantly faster than the 5x.xx ones.

The bottom line for all of us is, "Go with what works."

Guest JebusKrist

well thats good news that the 4X.XX drivers are faster for non dx9 games since i dont play any of know of any that really take advantage of dx9 thanks for the reply and good news

Do you have the 1280x800 screen ?

If so this has caused problems before with older drivers.

It's not a desktop resolution and can cause problems (like 1400x1050)

Pieter.