LaptopVideo2Go Forums

US trip May-July 2005

mobilenvidia

The following piccies were taken on our trip of the Northwestern-Central USA and Canada.

We arrived mid-May and came back Mid July, had the time of our lives.

Badlands NP in South Dakota, an overlooked park which is rather spectacular, this piccy does it no justice at all.

The whole park was created by the White river gouging out the plains, the peaks arn't mountains just left over plains that havn't eroded yet.

The place is full of sandstone formations, lots of wildlife roaming around as well.

If you do make it this way, you must vist Wall Drug (you'll see the billboards for miles around on I70), a great rest stop on I70 you have to see it to believe it.

badlands.jpg

Arches NP in Utah.

Water and wind have created this land scape.

This piccy is of balanced rock, it some how sits here and hasn't fallen, what is making it stay ??

balanced_rock_utah.jpg

This is our campsite while we were in Beaver Utah, it poured rain and hail, thunder and lighning for an hour or so, then cleared to a perfect morning.

This happened nearly every night, but the sky never got as dark as this.

beaver_utah.jpg

Crazyhorse memorial in South Dakato something like 600+ft long.

All the heads of Mt Rushmore will fit inside Crazy Horse's head that's how big it is.

This is 50 years of work to get this far, a long way to go.

crazy_horse.jpg

devils Tower Wyoming.

A very good display of columnar basalt, the plains have eroded away from around the base of this volcanic plug and left what you see, a very spectacular lumpof rock in the middle of no where.

devils_tower.jpg

Arches NP Utah.

Another piccy from this very nice park.

Double O arch, is a very large (you can see people inside the arch) double arch.

I climbed inside this arch(s) for a very nice view both ways

double_o_arch_utah.jpg

Another thunderstorm brewing this time in Dubois Wyomimg.

One of my favourite piccies of the trip.

dubois_sunset.jpg

Fishing Bridge Yellowstone NP Wyoming

I like this photo as it has a bit of everything in it, people in action, a meandering Yellowstone river, and some nice scnery in the background, even the clouds co-operated.

fishing_bridge_yosemite.jpg

Rocky Mountain NP Colorado

I walked up the Loch-Vale track in Rocky Mountain NP, started @ 8600ft and got to around 10,000ft.

After an hours walk up the valley (steady climb) I reached Loch Vale and I noticed these 2 fishing in the most awsome setting (later piccy may show this)

These guys are keen, the wind blowing a howl, it was around 40degF and snow everywhere.

fishing_the_loch.jpg

Glacier NP Montana

Here is my sensitive side, I took a piccy of some wild flowers that had just popped up in what I would assume to be a very short summer for them.

glacier_np_flowers.jpg

This is all can put up in this thread as the limit (10) has been reached.

I'll do another thread later.

:) amazing pics and quality of the motives. :)