LaptopVideo2Go Forums

UT2004 effects (56.72, geforce 5650 fx go)

Guest phatkill

Guest phatkill

i was looking at this photo of ut2004 on an ati card: http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...c=158354&st=150, and noticed that it doesnt look the same on my machine (after setting all in-game settings to the max levels). i was wondering if there's a problem with my drivers or if its something common to nvidia cards? in particular, im not seeing the rays of light, just the smoke

inspiron 8600

pentium m 1.7

512 mb ram

geforce 5650 fx go (56.72 driver)

• 4 weeks later...

This is a common thing with games. even beyond the textures you can set in the video settings, the game decides what type of textures you get based on the performance your computer is generating. This was very evident in CounterStrike, with quite a few different weapon models. with a sweet system, you could get the really nice gun skins, whereas most of the time on the laptop, i could only get the downgraded textures (wich was still better then the grey blocks that spit shell casings with the much older systems).

wow, those are some friggin nice skins/textures in those SS. but then again the 9600XT is a friggin nice card. gotta give ATI some props.

lol, i like the high rez Doom

-D6