• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LSudlow

• autolycos

• Craig Corp

• ®®®

Many of these kinds of things aren't working yet in Beta 1. We should have a new build available soon. With any luck we'll see these things working a lot better, and hopefully have a new display driver in the bargain.

Guys, there's a better solution than trying to use the alpha nvidia driver. If you install the new build of Vista, go into the Device Manager and do a manual upgrade of your video driver, using the "Have Disk" method we advocate here.

Instead of using the alpha driver, UNcheck the box that says "Show compatible devices." You'll see all the video drivers for ATI, Intel, etc. Scroll down to Nvidia and find the non-GO version of your card with "(LDDM)" appended after it.

For example, for my FX Go5200, I installed the "FX 5200 (LDDM)" driver.

It still has many of the same problems, including failure to switch resolutions or use Fast User Switching, but Glass works fine.

I don't think your card is supposed to work with Glass. Someone here said you can use the TweakVista utility to force it to work, so you might try that. It's the only thing I can think of to suggest.

I'm running a Dell Precission M70 notebook with Quadro FX Go 1400 adapter. I have gotten the LDDM drivers loaded and working with the modified INF file. All seems to work except for multi-monitor capabilities. Right now, when docked, my notebook display an a flat panel connected to the dock's DVI port will work. The configuration I'm going for is to have two flat panels connected to the dock, one via the DVI port and the other via the VGA port. With "supported" Nvidia drivers in both XP and Vista, this works. In these LDDM drivers, it does not. Is there anything I can do to get this working with these drivers or is that a limitation of the Alpha drivers due to the missing Nvidia control panel?

Theoretically you should be able to do it through Display Properties\Advanced, but I've never had any success with it. Without that, you're right -- the missing nvidia control panel makes it almost impossible.

Hopefully nvidia will release a better Vista driver soon.

I just want people to know that I used the built in LDDM driver for nVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 on my Dell D800 and the AeroGlass is now working. :) Hopefully we will have a more stable driver coming up.

the link for "Pieter's mobile INF modified for v75.03" doesnt seem to be working. Also will this inf allow me to use avalon on a 6800go i've been trying all kinds of stuff and havent gotten it to work yet.

The inf link should be fixed now. Let us know if it's not. Thanks for reporting it!

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Just add the inf from the top of this thread to the folder where you extracted the beta Glass driver. Then go into the device manager and update the display driver. Don't let it automatically choose the best driver. Instead tell it you have the driver on disk and point to the folder where the beta driver and our inf reside.

There are many problems with this driver, so be prepared for them.

• 2 months later...

hi, I'm italian.

I have installed win vista beta2 5259 on my notebook toshiba g10 with gf go 5700.

where can I find the right driver to activate lddm for my video card?

thanks

Edited by caos87

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone made an inf yet for the geforce 7800 GO ? for windows vista

I second that motion. The new 5270 dec CTP release of Vista has the Nvidia drivers (newer) built in. Supports everything but the 7800 Go :)

Any help would be SUPER appreciated!

Edited by teknishn

v40.02 of this INF now supports go7x00 GPU's and some other not released ones.

Remember the go7800 wasn't around when this driver was made so results may dissapoint.

Get back to us on how you got on.