LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v78.10, v78.11, v78.17 XP 32bit | NEC, FUJITSU, DELL, TOSHiBA, ASUS, PACKARD-BELL

®®®

Guest chaz60

ofelas

To be honest other then seeing these "Dell 78.11 modified drivers" here

I wasn't even aware Dell had actually released their own 78.11.

Below are the previous Dell versions I used.

v.6.14.10.7724, A02 <----these fixed the texture problem in Battlefield 2 but the

performance went down from the earlier ones below.

nVidia GeForce Go 6800, v.6.14.10.6771, A00

Release Date: 03/16/2005

I have a big problem with Pieter's INF version 30.78.

when i activate PAL-B or another PAL, after restart it goes back to NTSC-M every time. Also the Zoom under Picture Position doesnt save, every time i get back the black Frame around the TV.

I have a Amilo M3438G with Geforce 6800 go.

With original Inf it works fine, but i want the laptopvideo2go features.

Can anyone fix that problem in Pieter's INF?

Greetings

City Cobra

http://home.eplus-online.de/gaetcke/notebook.htm

city.cobra@gmx.de

as attachment the original FSC Amilo 3438 Inf.

nvdm.inf

Recently there are more often reports that features of the driver are not saved/remembered after a restart. OC frequen, Color settings, your report, and others stuff i forgot. Did you disable the NVIDIA Driver Helper Service in the DiesnteVerwaltung (nvsvc32.exe). It might be the reason for the driver inability to remember user made settings after reboot.....

Great and best resource so far for AMILO M3438G, i had linked your site 2 or 3 weeks ago. Keep up the great work there :) A pity it's only in german, i'm sure people would find it useful in english too. Here's an alternative link on how to translate your site to english: http://worldlingo.com/en/websites/url_translator.html

It offers more languages than babelfish/altavista.

Can oyu post the NERDlogfile (or send it with mail)?

No, soory i had disable nothing. It must be the driver. Overclocking save works fine with buton Reload after systemstart.

Your link is on my Site now. Thanks that you like my site.

Here ist the Nerd log...

Hope you can help me, do you have direct contact to pieter?

LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.txt

We have direct contact to Pieter, he is on vacation right now though I think.

Otherwise he would be posting here if he sees this thread.

If you must you can PM him throught the board, or AIM him, his AIM is the same as his login name here.

He has not been on since he left for vacation as far as I am aware.

Guest John Galt

Love the site!

On the Dell M60 though, the INF files that you guys provide do really wacky things with a docking station and dual monitors hooked up to it.

I have a DVI based BenQ LCD as the primary monitor and a VGA based BenQ LCD as the secondary monitor.

Even though it lists, in the dual head mode this combination, selecting it results in the laptop's LCD panel being the primary and the VGA based LCD being the secondary, and the main DVI based LCD never gets selected.

I also get this with the Vista drivers that you guys hacked....

And on regular occassions even with Nvidia's drivers if you've been plugged in to something directly to the laptop's VGA port when not in the docking station and then plug into the docking station the main display gets shoved onto the VGA port and the DVI becomes the secondary.

The Dell drivers work fine for the configuration as long as I don't go screwing around plugging into an external monitor when docked (or remember to reset it before plugging into the dock, so that's great, but I would rather use your inf files, especially for Vista support.

Any ideas?

I have a big problem with Pieter's INF version 30.78.

when i activate PAL-B or another PAL, after restart it goes back to NTSC-M every time. Also the Zoom under Picture Position doesnt save, every time i get back the black Frame around the TV.

I have a Amilo M3438G with Geforce 6800 go.

With original Inf it works fine, but i want the laptopvideo2go features.

Can anyone fix that problem in Pieter's INF?

Greetings

City Cobra

http://home.eplus-online.de/gaetcke/notebook.htm

city.cobra@gmx.de

as attachment the original FSC Amilo 3438 Inf.

Have you had a look in the BIOS to see if the TV out is set to PAL.

That is if there is a setting in the BIOS for it.

My laptop has a setting for both PAL and NTSC output in the BIOS.

This may help.

My INFs only enable the page that allows for all those country and different PAL systems

It doesn't change anything from default.

So the driver maybe at fault if nothing else works, I don't know of a tweak to force a certain PAL setting as there are so many making it even harder.

Hope this helps.

Guest Sinjin

Problems with 78.11

1) runs hot

2) memory error upon shut down

When using the Dell version these probblems do not exist.

Dell M60 1.6,1gig ram

nVidia Quadro fx Go 700 128mb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest rmzalbar

Dell v. 78.11 causes my system to draw 5 extra watts at desktop when idle than the previous Dell released version, on my 6800 Go Ultra.

I don't know why this is yet; need to check clock speed at different power settings.

• 3 weeks later...

Tecra M4 Tablet here. 6600 Go chipset and with the 78.11 I get a memory reference error when you shut the machine down. Looks like something to do with the Nvidia Help Service. Just part of an error message I caught.

• 2 weeks later...

hey all,

i am new here. but i have been reading and surfing on here for a while. attached is my NERD logfile. i am currently running on the 5650 drivers from dells website. [R88799.exe].version 6.14.10.6742 and everything works great.

dell updated their drivers to the 78.11 a lil while ago but when i install them i get lots of choppiness when i run world of warcraft or just warcraft 3. in all resolutions and all detail settings. it just runs very slow and choppy.. the studdering happens every 1-2 seconds if not more frequently. i have downloaded the 78.11 and modded inf from this site and i still get the same choppiness.

maybe its something im doing wrong. or perhaps im using the wrong drivers or files. i generally uninstall the nvidia drivers then use drivercleaner to remove all nvidia references out of the registry, reboot, then install the new drivers.

the 78.11's seem fine. windows and video plays fine but i get the choppiness when i play games.

any know which drivers and modded inf(if necessary) i should be using for a latitude d800 with a geforce gx5650 video chip??

please let me know. thanks alll

LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.txt

• 3 months later...

I am really likin these drivers. While they do get a VERY slightly smaller score for benchmark programs, they let whatever game I am playing look awesome. I tried some of the 8x.xx series and they only improved scores not quality. Most of the games I played looked more than aweful with the 8x.xx series!

• 2 months later...

Packard-Bell has 78.10 for their Easynote W7610 (3420) with go6600.

Driver can be found here

• 3 months later...

added changelog for v78.11

• 5 months later...

Hint: Alienware has released 78.10 2 days ago for their M5550 laptops :)