LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce4 440 Go 64M

Guest pccb550

Guest pccb550

Can anyone tell me which driver is the most appropriate for the Geforce4 440 Go 64M? My current driver version is 3.2.2. I'm looking for a driver that improves the performance, but is stable.

Thank you very much for any help.

Ricardo Queirós

• 4 weeks later...

With the 77.77 drivers on your I8200 with the GF4, does your TV out work corrrectly using S-video?

Just curious, and too lazy/not enough time/too risky to swap back to my partially broken GF4.

With my new card and these drivers, the TV out for fullscreen videos is usually off centered, but the correct size and in color. (not for normal clone mode though, that works fine :) )

The last drivers for my GF4 that worked perfectly with tv out were the 67.50 drivers, which I need to try with this new card.

To the first poster in this topic, which 64MB GF4 go do you have?

If you have the I8200 then go get the 67.50 driver.

I'll need to go post up my custom INF for that one for the I8200.

Also, while my old card was broke when I tried this, I did try the 77.72 driver and it worked just fine (except tv out).

So if you don't care about perfect TV out, the 77.77 driver, or similar ones, should run just fine for you.

Edited by Bill

With the 77.77 drivers on your I8200 with the GF4, does your TV out work corrrectly using S-video?

I was the guy that posted as Guest above.

I use the TV out feature enough that I could technically say I don't; once every ten blue moons. I haven't tried it for this set of drivers though, so I can't say how reliable it is in that department. It's not a big requirement for me, so long as I have a driver that cranks out better than acceptable gaming frame rates for me.

The driver I tried previously was the 67.66. All I'm after is pure speed and that one performed acceptably in that department. The 77.77s perform, by my rough estimation, about 30-40 percent better than 67.66, so I'm sticking with these for now. They seem quite stable and they let me overclock ridiculously high without any major artifacting or lockups. 290/535-540.

Proton

I have listed the driver and INF I currently have installed for a while now, I will probably go back to the 67.50 driver to see if it fixes my TV out bugs though.

Older drivers also have a working powermizer page and OpenGL page.

Sometimes I actually do come up with good ideas though. :)

Glad I could help and/or inspire you, Inspirons really do inspire people, huh? :)

Bill

i really use tv out a lot to play divx/xvid movies on my tv. i have found 71.89 is the latest driver that fully works with tv out with no problems have you tried that one?

I am pretty sure I have tried that driver with my GF4 go (before I replaced it)

I need to test some older drivers this week with my new card.

• 1 month later...

The 82.10 should work fine, if you were on a Dell I would recomend the default INF. (should still work anyway, but Pieter's is probably better for you, Dell disables stuff like powermizer and the rotate page, along with almost everything else)

• 4 weeks later...
The 82.10 should work fine, if you were on a Dell I would recomend the default INF. (should still work anyway, but Pieter's is probably better for you, Dell disables stuff like powermizer and the rotate page, along with almost everything else)

How do I put in the pieter thing? and get it to work with 77.77 I always get a no compatable hardware error when I try to install updates so I can't play any 9.0C direct X games.

Guest jamaica
How do I put in the pieter thing?

probably nothin', i have a GeForce4 420 and Quake4 runs nice (well, it runs :P ) with 71.84.

i was reading a lot of threads but in the end i just had to download an installer file (http://download.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/70series/7184.exe), extracted into a new filder and ran the setup.exe that came in there. after rebooting i was using 71.84 without further trouble, no need to manually select files blabla :)

thanks a lot, without you guys my laptop has gained a new life !! :) will donate to paypal, u guys deserve it !!

Edited by jamaica

probably nothin', i have a GeForce4 420 and Quake4 runs nice (well, it runs :P ) with 71.84.

i was reading a lot of threads but in the end i just had to download an installer file (http://download.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/70series/7184.exe), extracted into a new filder and ran the setup.exe that came in there. after rebooting i was using 71.84 without further trouble, no need to manually select files blabla :)

thanks a lot, without you guys my laptop has gained a new life !! :) will donate to paypal, u guys deserve it !!

I have a geforce4 440 go and whenever I try to install any updates like that one it says that it doesn't support my card I asked nvidia and they said that dell is supposed to make the updates for it now but dell said that nvidia makes it so I can't get anywhere I need to find out how to get it to work or I need to get a new comp.

Cory please go into the FAQ section on this board and read the "what is an INF" and the instructions on installing drivers using the device manager.

Then if you don't understand ask us.

Here are links to the topics:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=8128

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=33

(installation video is even included in Divx format)

• 4 months later...
Guest Guest

I have a toshiba sattilite with a geforce4 440 go, but evey time I try to update my drivers, the installation program says that it can't find a supported product, and shuts down. PLEASE HELP ME! IM STILL USING DRIVER VERSION 6.14.10.5673!!!!

Hey All, I'm new to the forum. I read the info provided in some of the FAQ areas but I still wanted to get some feedback from members with the same card as me. I also have a GeForce4 Go 440 64M. I am currently experiencing problems in many games that used DX9 including Halo, AoE3, and AoM. What will happen is the game will freeze during play on and off for a few seconds at a time. Has anyone else had this problem and which driver should I try? I just tried one of the latest (83.20) and it didn't work. Thanks :) .

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kevin

ok i have the same Geforce4 440 go 64m but i have like version 4.4 somethin. all m games work great but wen i got Counter Strike Source it says i need 2 update it.everytime i hvae tryed updating one of these it says i dont have a driver compatible for it. what do i do?? please help

Plus it would increases your post count effortless :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Guest

so what are people's favorite drivers for the geforce4 440 64m. I play mainly cs source.

off topic: whenever i tried a new driver from this site some of them made my system performance worse, forcing me to rollback.

Some will do that, especially with our older cards.

Any of the newer drivers are probably good, you could try 91.31, powermizer might even work for you with that one.

• 3 weeks later...
off topic: whenever i tried a new driver from this site some of them made my system performance worse, forcing me to rollback.

Post a NERD logfile and i probably can tell you why. Obviously not because of the drivers, that would be the first case known worldwide.

• 1 year later...