• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• maddbomber83

• Kamika007z

• ®®®

I have an xps with a 6800 go ultra also.  I force installed it like you suggested and it did install.  Will it work just as well like this or should I have a driver with the same display inf as my gpu?  Thanks for the help

It is not ideal to have the driver installed as it is (forced) as you may experience problems with lid closure etc.

It looks to be go6800 Ultra problem at the moment.

GF2go works

Anybody else for who it does and doesn't work.

We could do with a database.

I tried force install and setup install on 6600 Go. No go, blue screen crash.

I need more go6x00 testers, it seems to work on a go5200.

Hi, sorry for my first post to be a request.

But the information file for the 78.01 winXP64 isn't working.

Id sooner stick with these, as I'm too chicken to use the beta drivers(78.03)

The LV2Go iNFO file (.NFO) is indeed missing for v78.01_winxp64.

The file i would think you search is the Microsoft Driver INFormation file (.INF) edited by Pieter (Pieter's mobile INF), which can be found in the first post under the DOWNLOAD heading :)

Sorry for the confusion. I would have to remove the missing link to the NFO file, but it's hard to keep track of more than 150 NVIDIA drivers and their respective links. Also we had server move, plus at the same time we introduced a new directory structure, so bear with us and our wrong links :) .

The LV2Go iNFO file (.NFO) is indeed missing for v78.01_winxp64.

The file i would think you search is the Microsoft Driver INFormation file (.INF) edited by Pieter (Pieter's mobile INF), which can be found in the first post under the DOWNLOAD heading :P

Sorry for the confusion. I would have to remove the missing link to the NFO file, but it's hard to keep track of more than 150 NVIDIA drivers and their respective links. Also we had server move, plus at the same time we introduced a new directory structure, so bear with us and our wrong links :) .

Thanks for reply, my bad.

Should've looked with my eyes open. :)

BTW: I swapped inf files and installed the 78.10 drivers, it installed OK and is showing 77.77.

Which according to Nvidia is correct, as the 78.01 was to add 'SLI support for GeForce 6600' and not change the actual drivers.

What is your DEV_ID? if you provide this info Pieter is able to check if the modified INF is missing references for that GPU.

Modded INF does not work for me either on the 78.03.

A force install as a 6800 ultra (non go) worked fine.

Compared to 80.40 drivers, saw no appreciable changes.

Up .5fps in aquamark and down about 1 fps in 3dmark 03 and 05.

Has anybody had their system reboot whilst using these drivers? (78.03?).

I have had 3 reboots, but I'm not sure if its related to the drivers or not. Once was when I had the lid closed and I was moving the laptop, the other was while I was doing some 3D rendering (and so the laptop was driving it self very hard, cpu, memory, HD etc), and the 3rd time was after playing a game. I'm not sure if the CPU is over heating, or if its the drivers or the GPU. When I get home in 2 months time, I'm going to open it up and apply Artic Silver and clean out the dust etc, as I first thought the CPU was cooking, but I sudden;y thought it *may* have started happening with the new drivers...

I would stay away from these for now if you own a go6x00.

I'll make something up for you guys to test later today.

TNT should work as I add support to the INF (all INFs), unless nVidia removed support from the driver it self.

Guest speaker

I have had 3 reboots, but I'm not sure if its related to the drivers or not. Once was when I had the lid closed and I was moving the laptop, the other was while I was doing some 3D rendering (and so the laptop was driving it self very hard, cpu, memory, HD etc), and the 3rd time was after playing a game. I'm not sure if the CPU is over heating, or if its the drivers or the GPU. When I get home in 2 months time, I'm going to open it up and apply Artic Silver and clean out the dust etc, as I first thought the CPU was cooking, but I sudden;y thought it *may* have started happening with the new drivers...

Yes, after about 3 days of use my XPS2 started to reboot during gaming. So I went back to Dell drivers for now

Guest danielgrd

Hi,

I tried the 'Pieter's mobile INF 78.03' with my Geforce 440 Go 64Mo but I got many problems...

After restart, Windows became in 640x480 with 4 colours... (YES, 4 colours!)...

I can try to change the resolution to 1280x800 but when I apply the screen turn black and return to 640x480... Same thing for the colours... I can change the values (they are not blocked in grey...), but all return as original when I apply...

What can I do?

Thanks!

Daniel

Yes, after about 3 days of use my XPS2 started to reboot during gaming. So I went back to Dell drivers for now

I'll have to drop down to an older version and see if it fixes it. First time an nvidia driver has done a reboot for me. Thanks for confirming.

I have just uploaded a new INF for 78.03, if you could give this a whirl for me to see if it fixes the reboot problem.

Just grab it from 1st post.

I made a wee booboo in the INF, I'n not sure wether this caused the problem for some, as it didn't for me.

I have just uploaded a new INF for 78.03, if you could give this a whirl for me to see if it fixes the reboot problem.

Just grab it from 1st post.

I made a wee booboo in the INF, I'n not sure wether this caused the problem for some, as it didn't for me.

Your new 78.03 INF file is working perfect now on my 6800 go ultra

THANKS

:)

All because of 1 little '[' extra in the INF.

I still wonder why this caused problems on go6x00 and not others :)

Anyway a big sigh of relief from me.

Enjoy.

Fixed for me as well, performance slipped a little in the 3dmark sets and increased a bit in the aqua. All within reasonable variations though.

Guest ~ StYx ~

i know the problem. i had exactly the same problem with my old original acer driver for go5700. when i was running 3d mark 5, system crasht. when i was running gta-sa with AA on 1x, it crasht. your system gives a blue error screen (normally a nv4_disp.dll error), but it flashes so fast, that you hardly see it. Why? Well, in XP, it's standard that after a system error, your pc reboots immediately. You can change this (so keep the blue error screen on your display and check out the error) by rightclicking on "My Computer", Properties, go to the tab "Advanced", and then somewhere "boot and recoverysettings". press "properties" and deselect "reboot pc automatically" where it sais "system errors".

Solution for all this problems: installing the latest driver 80.40 (i know: benchmarks are not that great). i play with AA 2x now, details at high and no problem at all :) . it may be that it will work with an other driver aswell (73.xx should work fine too ... ).

check microsoft support for the nv4_disp.dll error. very intersting information, and the solution they gave (upgrading my driver) did help (for once :) ).

What is the latest driver? This has always confused me about nvidia. These were released after the 80.40 . . . .

These are the newsest in date.

78.11 are the newest in technology supported.

80.40 are the latest in version number.

Confused?, please line up singlefile.

Fixed for me as well, performance slipped a little in the 3dmark sets and increased a bit in the aqua. All within reasonable variations though.

What set were you using before?