LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Faster Go5200 Drivers

Guest John

nViSiON moderator LSudlow provides an INF specially customized for DELL's i5150/5160 HERE. I think the recommended driver is 72.14 in combination with his latest INF

72.14 is optimized for MCE (audio/video goodies) which doesn't mean it does not run great on 2K and XP :)

Not a dumb question at all. But first you should use my nv4_75_disp.inf with that driver, not nv4_disp.inf, which is for older drivers. -- The older inf will work, but doesn't include support for 72.14's hardware video driver.

You can keep both of the original infs that come with the driver (nv4_disp and nv4disp2). Neither one will be detected by your 5160.

The driver shouldn't affect that. Go into the Power applet in the Windows Control Panel and check the settings there. Test with a one minute setting to make sure it's working correctly.

Again, the driver shouldn't affect this. It's controlled by Windows power management. Make sure there is no activity that could reactivate the screen or prevent it from shutting off. It could be anything -- mouse movement, for example.