LaptopVideo2Go Forums
mobilenvidia

v78.82 XP 32bit | TOSHiBA

terror_adagio

Awesome, thanks!

Guest AngelicDunce

Well, sigh, i gave this driver a go the 78.82 a go and i still couldn't get bf2 to run with these drivers. Still crashes to desktop before it displays the intro movies, with the "Unable to something dinamic 800x600 display" error. And i also got the shut down error with the new INF file.

Toshiba m40 yp3

1.86 Centrino

Nvidia 6600go 128 ddr

15.4 widescreen

Can some plz let us know if you have sucess fully run bf2 with these new drivers for the toshiba m40!

Thanks

mobilenvidia

fixed :)

Barros
This is the fastest 70xx driver I've used. Using a Toshiba M60/GeForce Go 6600.

Previous sets I've used: 73.00, 73.40, 75.90, 76.10 (use to be the fastest), 76.44, 76.50, 77.72, 77.76, 77.77.

I would like to know why my toshiba doesn't recognize my 6600... :)

it says that it didn't found compatible hardware...

I know that I can put the moded inf but if this drivers are from toshiba for a 6600... :)

Barros
sorry to ask, but this one says it doesn't need a mod if i have a toshiba laptop, is there a mod and should i use it?

:) same question here.... :)

mobilenvidia

It might be for a go6600 but maybe not for you specific model.

Toshiba may (I havn't checked) more than 1 model with the go6600.

These OEM Drivers are model specific, they have special keys that come with a certain model and will only install if this key matches.

You could force an install for your GPU, but the settings will be optimised for a different model.

Barros
It might be for a go6600 but maybe not for you specific model.

Toshiba may (I havn't checked) more than 1 model with the go6600.

These OEM Drivers are model specific, they have special keys that come with a certain model and will only install if this key matches.

You could force an install for your GPU, but the settings will be optimised for a different model.

but the GPU is exactly the same... :)

I know that the driver is specific to a certain model but both models use the same GPU (0148). I wonder how they do that?

Guest AngelicDunce

This is all so silly to me also! The Toshiba Qosmio G20 has the exact same video card the Nvidia 6600 GO 128 PCI E 16x but if i try to install it in my M40 YP3 it tells me not compatible wich i realize is because of the INF file made specific for that model.

My problem is, Y can't them MIGHTY gods at TOSHIBA release the same driver version for the other models also! THEY FREAKING LAZY is my guess!

Any ways My problem is that even with the moded INF file to get it to install BF2 does not run for me. And i've tryed so many different drivers! Only the native 71.70 runs BF2, which runs it preatty good, at High to Medium Settings, except the shadows are all messed up (just squares).

Maybe if is possible we can get a Thread started just for the TOSHIBA M40 YP3 relating to running BF2 with the moded Drivers!

Thanks

mobilenvidia

78.82 is for these Toshiba models:

%NVIDIA_NV43.DEV_0148.1% = nv4_MEP43_LSR_2_WinXP,  PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0148&SUBSYS_00011179

%NVIDIA_NV43.DEV_0148.2% = nv4_MEP43_LSR_3_WinXP,  PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0148&SUBSYS_00021179

%NVIDIA_NV43.DEV_0148.3% = nv4_MEP43_LSR_3Lc_WinXP, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0148&SUBSYS_00031179

%NVIDIA_NV44.DEV_0167.1% = nv4_MEP43_LSR_3Lb_WinXP, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0167&SUBSYS_00011179

%NVIDIA_NV44.DEV_0167.2% = nv4_MEP43_LSR_3La_WinXP, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0167&SUBSYS_00021179

run NERD (elsewhere in this forum) this will tell you what your DEV and SUBSYS numbers are.

If it matches the above then the driver should install.

If it does't then this driver is for a different model.

alkaholikc

I happened to get BF2 running on this driverset. Detected my card and that was that. I'm afraid if I uninstall them they will go back to the CTD issue. If I find what made them work i'll reply back.

Guest dasbootuk

Hello, first post in here so be gentle :)

I don't seem to be able to download the actual 78.82 drivers themselves from the link, I can get the inf's ok though. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Bill

Pieter broke the link, here is the correct link.

http://download.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/75series/7882.exe

You can also check the main site for the driver links. (thats where I got this one from)

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?s=75

If a link doesn't work here its because one of us mods goofed somewhere usually. (not your fault)

With all the site, forum, and server changes that have and will be going on it shouldn't be a big surprise, but we have fixed most of the links up.

mobilenvidia

Link fixed, must have made a typo in making my new look DL threads.

Paradox

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting so bear with me. :) I've been DYING to get these drivers working + on my system cuz of Battlefield 2... but no luck.

I've read up on all the instructions on how to update my video driver, etc. but I still can't seem to get the basics working.

I've tried to install the 7882 and 7931 drivers, but no joy. I double click on the 'setup.exe' file to install the drivers and I dont even get to a menu... it loads up with the NVIDIA splash screen and then says "The NVIDIA setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit"

That's all I get.

Here's the system I have and it's specs. ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated!!!

Toshiba M60 (model# PSM60C-BK300E)

17" inch WXGA - 1440x900

GeForce GO6600 128mb

512 MB DDR2 RAM

100 GB 4200 EIDE HD

Realtec Built-in Sound

Display Driver Info:

Video BIOS ver: 5.43.02.70.05

IRQ: 16

Bus: PCI Express x16

Memory: 128

ForceWare version: 73.40 (downloaded off Toshiba.CA [yeah yeah crappy drivers :P ] Toshiba Drivers Download Site

I know I have the 73.40 drivers... and that to use the modded INF u gotta use the corresponding mods for the corresponding 7X.XX installed driver. Problem is... I can't even get to install the newer 7X.XX drivers on my laptop. Feels like I'm stuck with the stupid 73.40 crappy ones.

BUT should I just try to update my drivers to the modded 7931 INF files even though I only have 73.40 installed on my comp? Am I missing something here? and... where can I find the NERD program lol

Lastly, the 73.40 drivers STILL allow me to play BF2 ... but not to it's full potential. BF2 still says that message at the beginning "install the new drivers for optimal effects" ....

help please :)

Thanks all

mobilenvidia

Your Toshiba looks not to be compatable with this driver.

You'll need to grab the modded INF (same version as driver) and replace the original INF.

Just DL it in to the driecotry where the driver and overwrite the original.

Now you can run setup and install the driver.

Toshiba has more than 1 model that has a go6600 yours must be the another one.

Hope this helps.

Paradox
Your Toshiba looks not to be compatable with this driver.

You'll need to grab the modded INF (same version as driver) and replace the original INF.

Just DL it in to the driecotry where the driver and overwrite the original.

Now you can run setup and install the driver.

Toshiba has more than 1 model that has a go6600 yours must be the another one.

Hope this helps.

Whoa, that was one quick reply! THANKS MAN!

So, just to make sure...

step 1 I download the Modded INF file ... and replace the original.

step 2 THEN run the 78.82 setup.exe

step 3 voila... should be fine!?!?!

Just want to make sure so I dont mess my system up.

THANKS AGAIN bud

sorry to post again, but ... the links for the INF files aren't working.

they work for the 78.32 drivers ... should I go for those instead of 78.82?

mobilenvidia

Fixed the links :) my bad.

Yes that order above is good :)

Sorry about delay.

Paradox
Fixed the links :( my bad.

Yes that order above is good :)

Sorry about delay.

again, I really appreciate the help. I'm just paranoid about messin up a new laptop. I just wish Toshiba or NVIDIA website had the most recent drivers for the mobile gpus.

Anyway, one last question...

I took a look at the "how to install drivers" from Instructions AND installing drivers divx video

Do I need to uninstall my current drivers before I attempt to put on the 78.82 drivers?

OR

Can I just go right ahead and install 78.82 ontop of what I have now (73.40) via those 3 steps I mentioned (and that you verified :) )

Just in case,

Here's a screenshot of my system at the "add/remove programs" section for uninstalling NVIDIA Drivers

18um1.jpg

Sorry again for the kazillionth time for bein a newb... but I'd rather be SAFE than SORRY when working with a $2000 piece of equipment that I've invested in :P

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE HELP.

mobilenvidia

Your not going to ruin your $2000 machine.

It won't go up in smoke, if this did happen there would be many disgruntled people.

I can't guarantee what happens on every machine as each lappy is different.

What you already have installed can affect how a driver works.

But 9/10 times the driver will work flawlessly, each machiine can have their own little quirks.

But the driver should work and you should have many new features to play with.

You should be able to just run setup.exe on the new driver as your current one is not too old.

Should things turn to custard, you can roll back the driver via the control panel or uninstall this one then reinstall 73.40.

Good luck and welcome to the dark side :)

Paradox
Your not going to ruin your $2000 machine.

It won't go up in smoke, if this did happen there would be many disgruntled people.

I can't guarantee what happens on every machine as each lappy is different.

What you already have installed can affect how a driver works.

But 9/10 times the driver will work flawlessly, each machiine can have their own little quirks.

But the driver should work and you should have many new features to play with.

You should be able to just run setup.exe on the new driver as your current one is not too old.

Should things turn to custard, you can roll back the driver via the control panel or uninstall this one then reinstall 73.40.

Good luck and welcome to the dark side :)

THANKS bud... I sense a strong count of metaclorians in you.

The Dark Side is ruling :)

THANKS AGAIN a million!

Guest Guest

I could an error shutdown message...

where is the updated INF file?

I played BF2 and it was not good :)

Is there any other driver for games?

Toshiba Qosmio F20

GeForce Go 6600 128MB

-=sorry for the previews replays=-

Paradox
I could an error shutdown message...

where is the updated INF file?

I played BF2 and it was not good :)

Is there any other driver for games?

Toshiba Qosmio F20

GeForce Go 6600 128MB

-=sorry for the previews replays=-

The update INF is on the first page of this forum. I got it there yesterday thanks to the guys here :)

The error shut down message could be removed if you disable the NVSVC32 Service (see page 1 of this thread for instructions)

and how was BF2 not good? Framerates slower?

Mine went up and my 3Dmark03 score went up to 5545 vs 5019 (with the original Toshiba 73.40 drivers)

good luck

mobilenvidia

Yip, just as Paradox said, cheers for that :)

Paradox
Yip, just as Paradox said, cheers for that :)

I have one problem I've encountered with this driver for my Laptop...

Ever since I've put it on... I can't view DVD files.

My laptop came with Intervideo WINDVD 5 ... it says "Create Overlay Failed. Please Lower Your Screen Resolution or Color Depth and Try Again"

It won't even go past the splash screen.

ALSO, I can't even play DVDs on Windows Media Player 10. I hear the sound but don't see the video at all. It said something like it had to disable a plugin but i can't even find any disabled plugin.

Lastly, I tried playing the DVD with Real Player... and got the same results; the program said "If any other applications are running try closing them, lower your screen video resolution and color depth (for example: 1024x768 -> 800x600), update your video card driver software to the latest version."

I'll try installing the newer version of Intervideo WinDVD 7... and see where it goes from there... but can anyone help?

Could it be the diabled NTVSC service thing? Ill try that first.... then try the original crappy drivers :)