LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Benchmark results for NVIDIA GeForce Go 6600 64MB (= Heazky =)

(= Heazky =)

Guest Guest

Hello , i have a 6600 go with 128 mb memory and i want known if you had problems with a game alien vs predator , because i have. The game start correctly but when the game load a map i don't see anything , the screen is black , that's why i think it's driver's problem.

Switch to an older driver... use the search engine you'll find posts from alexandertyler@yahoo.com talking about his issues with the game.

• 2 months later...

Update 2006-10-21: Added 96.85 Vista

It's been ages :) . You know...busy world.

Edited by (= Heazky =)

Heazky

I've got a quick question which I'm hoping you or someone else may be able to answer. If it's obvious, feel free to humiliate me as I probably deserve it.

I have a Tecra S2 with the exact same specs as yours except for the fact that I took it with 2gb ram instead of 1gb. I've also been hunting for ages for a new display driver as I use my laptop often for dual-boxing in mmo's and the factory driver is taking a lot of strain now. I've downloaded a number of different drivers from here, particularly the ones you've tested and recommended, but every one of them says it cannot find matching hardware on my system and therefore cannot update my drivers.

Is there something simple that I'm missing or have I truly hit a brick wall? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jay

Jay,

As specified here, you also need to download the modified inf files (you can find them in each driver topic). After downloading and extracting, you copy the inf into the driver's install folder. When Windows asks to overwrite the file, say 'yes'. After this you can run the setup or install the driver manually.

Good luck.

Jay,

As specified here, you also need to download the modified inf files (you can find them in each driver topic). After downloading and extracting, you copy the inf into the driver's install folder. When Windows asks to overwrite the file, say 'yes'. After this you can run the setup or install the driver manually.

Good luck.

*sigh* I knew it would be something obvious. Not sure how I missed that, but suddenly everything makes sense and works perfectly. Thanks a ton - the performance boost is enormous!

Jay

I have a GF Go 6600 256MB and got 6098 in 3DMark03. after installing the 96.89 drivers.

However, a while later the csrss.exe and nvsvc32.exe prosesses claims over 50% of my CPU at all times. (they are microsoft and nvidia graphic programs) And I cannot remove or reduce them. Am I using the wrong drivers or what? Any ideas?

After this happened i've got 400 and something in 3DMark. Something is seriously wrong!

:) Wonder why i can't edit my post, the one above this one? Probably cus i wan't registrated then. Just have to find out, by posting this.

By the way I solved my probleme with changeing drivers. Much better now :)

Good to hear it's fixed :)

Wich driver are you using now?

:P Wonder why i can't edit my post, the one above this one? Probably cus i wan't registrated then. Just have to find out, by posting this.

By the way I solved my probleme with changeing drivers. Much better now :P

The only ones able to edit guest posts around here are us mods and admins.

Once you are registered and logged in, like you are now, :) you can edit your posts that you made while logged in.

I would have merged your posts together under your registered account, but your guest post is over a day older than your account made one, so I'll leave them separate unless you have a better idea.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :rofl: :)

• 4 weeks later...