LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce FX Go 5200

chino81

Hi Guys,

I've spent a total of 4 hrs on this and it's not yet resolved. I have a Toshiba Satellite M30 with a GeForce FX Go 5200 64MB.

The issue is that when i play any video files whether it be AVI's, MPEG's or wma's I get the sound but no picture comes up. I have tried half a dozen players and i have all the codecs. Sometimes though, when i have several apps open, the same video files work!?

Last night i uninstalled the the NVIDIA drivers that were installed on the laptop and i installed the M30DispXP.exe file found on the Toshiba website. Boy was this a mistake! The video driver didn't even work!!! No nVidia tools installed even though the nVidia install completed successfully. However, when i viewed a video file it worked! It was glitchy though.

Where i'm at now? I found this website and installed the 8126.exe forceware and my gfx drivers were installed again. But now my video files are still at square 1...that is, no picture but there is sound.

Please help? I have no idea what to do anymore apart from a format but who wants to do that?...

Kind Regards,

Chino

LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.txt

Enable VMR on the Overlay Settings page and you should be all set.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Works like a charm!

Kind Regards,

Chino