LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce FX Go5650

Guest Holywhisperr

Guest Holywhisperr

First of all I'd like to say thanks for the amazinf registration process here - scared the hell out of me at first but it was great seeing how much information can be gathered from my laptop once I had read some of your posts.

I am actually here because I am looking at some performance problems on my Dell D800 Latitude running a 128MB Go5650.

To be even more specific about my problems its concerning a game called Guild Wars where I seem to be getting a very bad frame rate (at times). The drops in frame rate are not an internet connection speed problem.

I recently downloaded the latest driver from the Dell website and my frame rate plummeted to an unplayable 4-5fps and after asking about on some forums a couple of guys said to look you up here.

Now I have downloaded the v80.40 file and run the setup but the installation just comes to a grinding halt saying it cant find any drivers compatible with my hardware.

I guess thats my first hurdle to overcome.

Any help is MUCH appreciated guys...

Holy.

Guest Holywhisperr

Oh heck sorry,

I also noticed that I needed the INF file, so I clicked Pieters link which then gave me a webpage with a lot of text on it.

I saved this in the same fil as I had the 8040 files in and it asked me if I wanted to over-write. I clicked yes.

I then ran the setup and all the drivers etc were installed, rebooted, cool.

Ran a program called Performance Test.

It ran the complex test at like 2.5 fps, it was 8 before !!!

Am I doing something wrong here ?

Many thanks,

Holy.

Guest Holywhisperr

OK, reset everything and re-run the PerformanceTest and it was actually about 12 fps not 8.

Also just tried the 7201 drivers found here and then run PerformanceTest and at Complex its anout 12fps still.

Is this simply as high as I can get this card to go or am I completely missing the point here guys ?

Many thanks for any help.....

Holy.