LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v81.84 XP 32bit | NV

Kamika007z

Guest crocket
Welcome, I've started this back up from a very long absence.

These are my own tweaks I've added, there are only tweaks that enhance performance and/or Quality.

These drivers also have some Quadro features enabled that are normally disabled.

Together with the above you'll be rendering faster than ever.

Once these drivers are installed there is no need to play with the display properties as the INF will set all bits to maximum perfromance.

32bit Performance tweaked INF with Quadro enhancements is here : http://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/80series/81...rf/nv4_disp.inf

64bit Performance tweaked INF with Quadro enhancements is here : http://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/80series/81...rf/nv4_disp.inf

tx for try. Although ur inf-driver-enhancement runs without mistakes and good IQ, i cant recommend ur inf because it caused a lot of trouble the driver and its registry too :)

I cant change any settings in control panel, i cant load and use my grafic tweak tools "atuner" and "nhancer", i cant install new driver without ur inf-enhancements for OGL in registry.

I hope u may help me by telling which entries in the registry i have to overwrite, change or better to delete.

Nevertheless the performance decreases about 1 fps :)

I have to warn all too: never change a running system.

gga

crocket

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• terror_adagio

• Maier

• Kamika007z

Hi, first:

I got also the black screen, but with deinstall and reinstall it works fine.

But the Biggest Problem ist this: :(

If i made settings like Clone/Laptop 1a/Device Settings/Device Adjustment/"Fixed aspect ratio scaling"

or Clone/Laptop 1b/Device Settings/Select TV format/"B/Pal"

it doesnt save the settings, after Reboot i lost the settings and get the standards:

"Display adapter scaling" and "M/NTSC".

I tried you Driver, also the original international beta driver and the original english version.

In 75 series the scaling save works, but the tv format also doesnt saved.

:) PLEASE HELP, I NEED THE SAVE SETTING FUNCTIONS. :)

PS: i can life without TV Format save, but not without scaling.

If you not repair, i must go back the 78.11 :P

Ohhhh, now i see. With my original Amilo 3438 Inf v81.84 mod, the save funktions for scaling also not works, but the TV B/Pal works fine.

So, i think that the scaling funktion not work must be a bug by Nvidia.

I will go back to another working Driver, but please repair the the TV B/Pal save bug in your inf.

Edit: Now i tried also 81.82 and 81.26, all Driver have the same problem with scaling. I had have send now a Email to Nvidia.

LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.txt

Original_Amilo3438_Inf_for_GF6800_v8184mod.zip

When I install the INF I can still adjust the Control Panel settings from what my INFs set it to.

Have you installed other performance/Quality drivers ?

Use DriverCleaner etc to clean up your system then reinstall driver.

I don't lock any settimgs in the Control panel, they can still be altrered after the driver is installed. (but shouldn't ot the whole reason for the INF is wasted)

The problems you are experiancing is not dure to my INF there is something else afoot.

I have tested the INF thoroughly.

I use only a couple of hidden tweaks all the rest are adjustable with the Control Panel.

I have labled inside the INF what each setting does, so you can have a look for your self if you like to have a play and change anything.

Hope this helps.

Guest crocket
Welcome, I've started this back up from a very long absence.

These are my own tweaks I've added, there are only tweaks that enhance performance and/or Quality.

These drivers also have some Quadro features enabled that are normally disabled.

Together with the above you'll be rendering faster than ever.

Once these drivers are installed there is no need to play with the display properties as the INF will set all bits to maximum perfromance.

32bit Performance tweaked INF with Quadro enhancements is here : http://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/80series/81...rf/nv4_disp.inf

64bit Performance tweaked INF with Quadro enhancements is here : http://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/80series/81...rf/nv4_disp.inf

tx for try. Although ur inf-driver-enhancement runs without mistakes and good IQ, i cant recommend ur inf because it caused a lot of trouble the driver and its registry too :P

I cant change any settings in control panel, i cant load and use my grafic tweak tools "atuner" and "nhancer", i cant install new driver without ur inf-enhancements for OGL in registry.

I hope u may help me by telling which entries in the registry i have to overwrite, change or better to delete.

Nevertheless the performance decreases about 1 fps :(

I have to warn all too: never change a running system.

gga

crocket

ops, sry mister :)

my 3rd attempt to install the original 81.84 was successful by using rip-detonator.

never mind about the limits.

now i have my fast performance back and can use all tools for driver again :)

cheers

crocket

Hi, first:

I got also the black screen, but with deinstall and reinstall it works fine.

Ohhhh, now i see. With my original Amilo 3438 Inf v81.84 mod, the save funktions for scaling also not works, but the TV B/Pal works fine.

So, i think that the scaling funktion not work must be a bug by Nvidia.

I will go back to another working Driver, but please repair the the TV B/Pal save bug in your inf.

Edit: Now i tried also 81.82 and 81.26, all Driver have the same problem with scaling. I had have send now a Email to Nvidia.

Is the 81.84 driver working on you notebook, on mine the performance dropped from 23fps to 5fps in the first test of 3dmark. I also tried your inf, same performance drop.

Is the 81.84 driver working on you notebook, on mine the performance dropped from 23fps to 5fps in the first test of 3dmark. I also tried your inf, same performance drop.

Soory, i dont tried the performance from the 81.84 Driver.

I dont want use the the scaling Error driver.

78 Series works fine, ok it not save the B/Pal TV Modus, but that i can change manuel, if i want to see TV.

Try to watch my Amilo 3438 Site in your language:

http://home.eplus-online.de/gaetcke/notebook.htm

@mobilenvidia or Pieter, are you Pieter?

Please help with TV save funktion!

Also with my FS m3438g fps dropped A LOT with these drivers :/

Wondering what the hell is wrong with this laptop :s Some 75 series drivers cause this bug too. Im now using 78.05 drivers and they work fine. For example 78.82, 81.26 (and versions close to tha number..) and 81.82 are just SLOW. I tried manually install 81.82 nv4_disp.dll over 78.05 and it worked full speed. Control panel ofc gave an error message.. So I think the problem isn't in the inf or the driver file itself. Dunno, strange laptop.

Also with my FS m3438g fps dropped A LOT with these drivers :/

Wondering what the hell is wrong with this laptop :s Some 75 series drivers cause this bug too. Im now using 78.05 drivers and they work fine. For example 78.82, 81.26 (and versions close to tha number..) and 81.82 are just SLOW. I tried manually install 81.82 nv4_disp.dll over 78.05 and it worked full speed. Control panel ofc gave an error message.. So I think the problem isn't in the inf or the driver file itself. Dunno, strange laptop.

Nerd cant indentify the gpu, maybe FS is using an other type of 6800go. compared to a dell 6800go ours is al little bit higher clocked @stock speed.

Sorry if this is asked in the wrong topic. but just a quick ques...

which driver version (official) is best suited for Inspiron 8000 with a GeForce 2 Go in terms of speed and stability?

Thanks in advance

P.S Currently using 67.03 with the modified info file from this website.

If that driver works fine for you, then stick with it, otherwise some of the newer 77 or 78 or 8x series might be good, you could try the 77.77 driver. (link in sig)

How much points can ppl score in 3dmark05? (Just for laptop)

Mine is 4459 at 1028*768, i overclock my Geforce Go 6800 by myself so not sure how ppl use the enhanced performance INF. I am using driver 78.11.

The amount you get can vary quite a bit with each GPU.

This is for people who demand the max performance with out OCing, or combined with Ocing to have even greater performance.

I don't encourage overclocking especially with laptops.

The amount you get can vary quite a bit with each GPU.

This is for people who demand the max performance with out OCing, or combined with Ocing to have even greater performance.

I don't encourage overclocking especially with laptops.

You can typically get 10-20mhz extra on the core. That is pretty safe. Depending on what GPU you have, I am talking about the 6xxx.

RAM is where you are usually limited to on laptops, in any OC case actually, but more so with laptops.

I personally have my core at 20mhz OC and memory 15mhz OC... 320/615.

I've got a problem,

My screen is a widescreen and BF2 only runs in 4:3 ratio so I use the "fixed aspect ratio" option, the thing is that the "fixed aspect ratio" option turns itself off everytime I restart my computer. I've tried a few other drivers, the drivers from omegadrivers.net did the same thing.

The only drivers I've found that work properly with this are the ones from Dell.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this a problem with the drivers?

Can you post or link to the working INF?

If a Dell setting fixes this, you can add that setting to other drivers.

(I have discovered some Dell settings fix things for me)

Never mind, I searched around a bit and found that it could be fixed by adding a registry entry.

I remember the topic when I saw someone browsing it in the last click page (it was you) so I was gonna reply.

Anyway it is good that you fixed it yourself, need to help yourself sometimes and learn how to use the boards search feature so you can get quick answers to your questions.

Also, can you send me a large pizza with everthing on it? :) :)

(The shipping would be outrages to send a fresh pizza from around the world to my house, lol)

Edited by Bill