LaptopVideo2Go Forums

S-Video Out with Geforce 6600 TE 128 MB

Guest EmpYre

Guest EmpYre

I updated my video drivers for my Toshiba Tecra M4 from 71.41 to 81.84, and I realized that the S-Video Out does not work. I tried it with two different TVs with a working cable and at most there is a flicker on the screen when I enable the S-Video out, but no picture, just a blank screen with the TV saying there is no signal.

I did not test this with the original Toshiba drivers (71.41), but is there any solution to this problem?

You should be able to select the output for this in the Control Panel.

Look for a page that looks like this : tvout.jpg

Now edit the line with 'Video output Format' to what you need.

Hope this helps.

You'll need to have a TV connected first OR force TV in the display properties 'Tools' section

Then under nView display properties you should have 2 screens a LCD and a TV.

Right click on the TV and then there should be an option to get to that screen.

Hope this helps.

Guest EmpYre

Okay, I downgraded to the 78.01 driver from nVidia's website, using the modified INF from this site, and I got the S-Video Out to work.

For now, my TV is my Dell 20.01 inch monitor with S-Video In. Its capable of 1600x1200 resolutions, but for some reason, I cannot change the resolution of the monitor to any more than 1024x768, and it looks very bad. In addition, my laptop screen wont fit to this TVs screen, instead when I move my mouse to areas on the TV that are not shown, the screen on the TV pans. Is there any way to fit my laptop screen to the TV screen and is there any way to increase the resolution?

Guest EmpYre

According to the Control Panel, Panning is automatic if the resolution requested is greater than the resolution physically supported by the television or monitor. However, my Dell 2001FP monitor supports 1600x1200 max resolution. Why when using the S-Video input does it automatically pan, but not when used as a normal monitor?

The TV encoder will only be able to handle 1024x768 as a max resolution.

So Svideo and Composite max out @ 1024x768.

Does your TV have any other inputs (digital) use this instead to get the 1600x1200.

Guest EmpYre

Thanks for that info.

Is there any way to keep a resolution of 1400x1050 on my laptop screen with 1024x768 on the TV, without having to pan on the TV.

If I'm gonna be doing presentations on different TVs, I want the entire powerpoint or the entire desktop to fit on the TV regardless of its resolution.

Is there an option in the control panel to do this, or do both the laptop and TV need to have the same resolution.