LaptopVideo2Go Forums

The latest GPU driver for Nvidia geforce FXgo5600

Solid Snake

Hi everyone :P this is my first post :) sorry if my english it's not very good....so i have a problem on my laptop, Toshiba Satellite 5200-902. I would like to update the video driver to the latest compatible version but i don't know whic drivers is better :)

help me,thanks :(

Having the same model, I use 71.89. There are VMR issues with upper drivers. Haven't tested after 77.77 tho. Also check this topic if you haven't already http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=6567

...mmm i'm searching for the best 3D performance....so which driver's version is better ??? :)

usually i use my notebook to work with 3D programs in OPEN GL...not for gaming :)

hi, i've tryed 77.70 driver but i got a message error from windows....don't know why! :) "The program of installation NVIDIA did not be in a position of individualize the compatible driver with the running hardware. The program of installation will be closed"

do you know why this error? :)

ok, now i've tried 77.70 driver using the modified .inf files and works good :( but in the control panel i'm not able to set the monitor refresh rate more than 60hz :P :) why?

p.s. my 3D Mark 2001 scores using 77.70 driver is 7854, using 43.36 driver is 8494 :( so i'm very surprised.... :)

for lcd / tfts the refreshrate is not higher than 60 Hz

...that's not true couse using old driver version (43.36) i can change the refresh :)

Guest snipe122

Yeah thats true, but it has no effect! a tft is not a cathode ray tube monitor, and the refresh rate is based up on the reaction time of the liquid. The pixels only change if there are new information to be displayed... a crt always refreshes the picture, from 60 times per second (60 Hz) (flickering) to 100 times per second (100 Hz) (non-flickering).

Yeah thats true, but it has no effect!

...i remember that using old driver version when i change the refresh rate from 60hz to 85hz i can see the difference whit my eyes!!! i used in my laptop, whit old driver, the resolution 1280x1024@85hz! now all resolution work @ 60hz fix :) and my eyes are burning!!! :)

Guest snipe122

I say it one last time: A TFT produces a STILL image until the information is changing!

Watching at a TFT is like watching the good old picture of queen mum in my room!

So no refresh-rates and other stuff! the only thing that is important for tfts is the reaction-time when you play games for example, there you can see a difference!

Believe me or inform you better!

What Snipe says is true, it won't have any effect. There is only reaction time which is fixed.