LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell i9300 Fn+F8 dual display switch doesn't work

Guest crackhaed

Guest crackhaed

I am using the 81.84 drivers (installed after using drivercleaner).

I have the most recent AO5 bios.

I have the most recent (5.8.0) version of Dell QuickSet.

The Fn+F8 feature used to switch between laptop display only, dual display, and external display only, does not work if I use the laptopvideo2go drivers. It DOES work with the dell nVidia drivers.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

In the nvidia control panel, switch to Clone mode and/or DualView mode and see if that allows Fn+F8 to work. I don't think Fn+F8 can change modes - it just changes displays.

Guest crackhaed

Yeah it works fine in Single Display mode or Clone mode, but in Dual Display mode I can't get either screen to turn off. I just want a keystroke to turn off my laptop screen when I'm watching a movie on my external display.

Check out the hotkeys in the nview desktop manager, there is one to switch clone mode on and off with the touch of a buttom combination of your choice (I use control plus Y), one that is worth checking out is the nvidia display scheme menu, that lets you switch to just about any mode, and you should be able to add modes to it aswell.

There are also other usefull hotkeys.

The display scheme menu was EXACTLY what I wanted!

I just set the display mode to single display on my external monitor and then enabled dualdisplay from my new Ctrl+F8 hotkey. This way I can switch to only my external monitor by easy keypress.