LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Soooo...I am a little lost. -Alienware 7700-

Guest MrG00DWrench

Guest MrG00DWrench

Any tips? I am on an Alienware 7700, with a go6800 (god knows I will be updating to the go7800 whenever it is released). Buuut I dont know what driver from here I should download. I am currently on version 7.8.0.5, and we all know that the Alienware support that we know and love will be sure to not release any more patches. Well, any help you can give me is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ok so I unlazied and decided to register. Thanks again for anyone who can help.

If that is the 78.05 driver and it is working fine for you, you should stick with it for a bit, that driver is still pretty new and should run all current games just fine.

Some of the 81s might be good to try if you really want to try a newer driver.

Just download the driver and the moddified INF file and follow the instructions in the FAQ section on how to install drivers using the device manager.

Nvidia's newer 8x.xx series or 85+ series will have a new control panel and possibly have other new features, so if your current driver is running just fine, you should stick with it till the newer drivers come out.

Also, when you upgrade your card make sure you uninstall the drivers for the old one first.

Well the thing is, Im getting a little lag. I was running fine a few days ago playing Battlefield 2, and now all of a sudden I am running terribly. What driver would you personally reccomend I get for my go6800? Thanks.

Give 81.84 a try. Many 6800 owners are having excellent luck with it.

Also, if you suddenly get lag without having made any other changes, your laptop may be overheating. Blowing the dust out the cooling vents with a can of compressed air has saved the day for many of us.

Also, check to be sure you're running in Single Display mode and haven't slipped into Clone or DualView mode.

Hmmm...heh, well I have two monitors running.....I mean I always knew that would have some impact, but I always turn the second monitor off when playing. Does turning it off actually do anything, or do I need to completley disable it?

And as for cooling, I constructed a custom cooling box. Ill post pictures here in a bit.