LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v82.10 XP 32bit | DELL

mobilenvidia

Guest crocket

hi :)

may someone with desktop-PC not notebook publish his benchmarks with 82.10 original or 82.10 performance enhanced in comparision to older benchmarks of older drivers, so i can see if there is an increase of performance by using 8210.

ty :) , my benchmarks 77.72-81.87 at:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=...536#post1448536

god week-end

cheers - ciao from crocket :P

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Bill

• MiB

• Kamika007z

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

k so I have a dell nvidia GeForce4 440 go 64mb video card on my laptop...the laptop drivers cd has the 44.82 driver for my card, but it doesn't run anything with that ...I need the new ones...I've got the 82 from nvidia and it gives me a crappy error saying he can't find any drivers installed just before the instalation starts...any advice on how to update my video card, I'm desperate pls help

post-61-11309652850_thumb.jpg

Do what Bill said, it's a few posts up. Its Starts "Normal desktop nvidia drivers do not currently support laptop cards".

The files can be downloaded from the first post.

So does Quality Enhanced run a bit slower than the normal one, but have better Image Quality in games, and Performance Enhanced runs better than the normal one, but has reduced Image Quality in games, and the normal one is a balance of the two?

Basicly that is it.

Modern GPU's will have less of a performance hit with the quality as it can do all the extra work easily in HW.

The Performance is of biggest benefit to older GPU's in modern games to help framerates.

I'm having problems using any of your driver sets even with the inf file. Would the chance that i have windows xp Media center edition be the problem?

NO these should work with all versions of XP.

Have a look in the FAQ section and the instructions.

Make sure you follow them for best results.

Do you have a Restore CD version of XP MCE or a full version.

The Restore version can sometimes cause problems with driver updates.

Okay, thanks for answering my question. I've been running the official Dell 78.11 on my i9300 go6800 for the last month, and have been looking around at other drivers. I might give 81.84 or 81.87 Quality Enhanced versions a try, to see if they improve my FPS and IQ in FEAR.

Give 79.11 a try these are supposed to be fast.

79.11 is reporting good results, I can't test it my self my GPU maxed out ages ago.

These seem to be stable.

Uninstall old driver first then update to any other driver with a modded INF replacing original.

<-- shakes head i shoulda known that. I forgot to tell it to do the have disc option and was letting it search instead. Thats why it never saw them. Thanks for your help. I certainly appreciate it.

Guest pupukun

hey just wondered.. i have a dell inspiron 9300 1 gig ram, 1.86ghz intel and geforce go 6800... wanna play latest games so... which drivers should i go for? @_@ people seem to be having problems with loads of the 80s...

recommendations strongly welcome...

thanks! =]

Since installing I get artifacts in HL2 Lost Coast. Performance INF's.

Can someone tell me how the modded INFs are helping my "GeForce 4 Go" to work better?

it's not like they can change the hardware and suddenly give me Pixel Shader 2.0 or something...

and why there are differences between HP,DELL,ASUS,etc drivers?

i'm really confused @_@

For those that are curious about lucky's artifac problem, Half Life 2: Lost Coast uses HDR lighting I believe, normal HL2 doesnt have all those fancy effects.

How does it look BTW? (you should post some screens)

I am able to run HL2 at the highest settings in game, without AA and AF, and it runs nice at 800x600. (haven't expiremented turning it up yet, but with my new card water looks much nicer)

To the guest, the standard mod INFs dont really give you any more performance compared to a standard nvidia or OEM inf.

The performance and quality INFs have tweaks that make the games have better (or slighty worse) image quality with an increase or decrease in speed, depending on which you select. Some INFs like the custom 82.10 one I am using have lots of performance tweaks, and UT2004 for instance, I can see a good increase in FPS, and other games seem to run much better, but I never bothered to measure the FPS in them. (in ut i have a hotkey, others you have to type some command I cant remember)

What the moddified INFs do, is they add support for your graphics card, if you have a Dell, this driver is actually a good fast one to try.

You see when nvidia releases drivers on their site, they don't work with laptop cards, that is where we come in, Pieter makes a moddified INF that contains settings to install the driver on practically every nvidia gf card. (all the GeForces and Quadros, they all have the unified driver architexture, some reallly old nvidia cards aren't supported, like ones from 10 years ago or something, but who uses those?)

If you get a different driver than this one, say the driver in my sig that was an official nvidia release, and just try and install it without a modded INF, it won't work, it only has info in the INF about installing for desktop cards.

Now the driver in this topic, it comes with a Dell INF, and ti has certain tweaks for Dells, I don't know how it runs on other machines, but some of the Dell tweaks do fix video problems on Dell laptops, and also fix some bugs like clone mod staying on when rebooting. Otherwise I don't like unmodded Dell INFs cause they intentenally disable powermizer and stuff.

Pieter enables every known page in his INFs, when you use his you get every settings page possible. (depends on driver version)

Using newer drivers on a GF4 go will enable you to run newer games and they have newer features, the latest drivers for my GF4go that I had, they would not run farcry, and probably not HL2 or Doom3 either, atleast not very good.

This driver right here is a nice driver, install it using a moddified INF and see all the new pages in the driver control panel that have been enabled.

Edit: Bouba, try uninstalling your drivers first then install them using the regular moddified INF and install it through the device manager.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=33

Edited by Bill

Looks ok, well it LOOKED ok before the last driver upgrade when these artifacts appeared =/

Hey, just got a quick question cuz I'm new to all this. I got the 82.10 installed right now and everything looks pretty good aside from some small line glitches in FEAR Demo. Only real problem is that I've been getting crashes lately. So far it's happened in BF2 and KOTOR 2. Just wondering if I should get another version of the drivers installed or if it's probably something else. Thanx for any help yall can offer.

Just letting everyone who has a Quadro4 700 GoGL video card, there is a new INF available based on the 82.10 drivers here :)

Try downloading them from the main site till the links get fixed.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?s=80

Somebody screwed up the links in this topic too....

Must be all the driver moving or something, or just the forum upgrade. :)

Pieter have you run out of coffee? :) :P