LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v82.10 XP 32bit | DELL

mobilenvidia

I've been working on the Driver threads and it's affected the OEM drivers quite badly.

Links have been fixed, I'll limit my updates to 1 driver then do the other later or start with new thread look with the 85 series.

Sorry again :)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Bill

• MiB

• Kamika007z

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone,

Right now I have 77.62 drivers with modded inf since July. Everything ran good untill a few days ago. For some reason BF2 has gotten very choppy @ 1366x768 with mild graphic settings. These are the settings I've always used since July. It might be the latest Windows update that is screwing with my video or something. Anyhoo, I'll try this 82.10 driver with performance inf first to see if there is a difference.

Will keep ya posted.

i9300

2GHz

6800 Go

1GB Ram

Well, I just tried these 82.10 drivers and have to say they dropped my Aquamark score from 61,000 to 50,000 !!!

In the control panel, I can't even go over 250Mhz on the core clock. With my 77.62 I could bump it up to 369Mhz!

I Will try the 79.11 and report back...

Cheers

Ok, my mistake. I had forgot to put modded .inf in the install folder.

I did another run in Aquamark and got a 60,500.

Core frequency at 369 and memory is 776.

Now to try it out in BF2 :)

Ok, so I decided to register to this fine forum so I can edit and share my finds and posts :)

Well, there are lots and lots of artifacts in BF2. Just by moving arround you can see little black lines all over. I'm gonna try the 81.89 and report back.

Cheers

Welcome Nemy,

Alas not all drivers are born equal, drivers can have many quirks on different machines.

So one driver can work fine with someone and for someone else it runs terribly.

Good thing is with modded INF you can try many INFs.

Also try Quality enhanced INF if this is important to you.

Yep tried the 82.10..

BF2 looked bad, was like watching an old film with scratches and dust and so forth. Performance was good though.

Back to 81.89 with performance inf for now.

Keep up the good work :)

vargas - yes it looks like it will.

You can check for yourself by downloading the modded inf, right near the end is the list of supported GPU's, just check thru this list to see if yours is there.

I would also expect any later versions will also support the go7300

Greetings nice people here!

I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 Pentium 4 1.8GHz with 765 MB RAM

64MB NVidia GeForce4 440 Go graphics card

Not played games in awhile but being a Civ addict, have just bought Civ4. To my dismay, like other Mobile Go users, I get the "black terrain" bug. Luckily found a link to this board suggesting I use 81.85 Driver with Performance.INF

I have downloaded both and have 3 simple queries:

Is Performance INF best one for this Civ (turn based, not hugely graphics intense) game or Quality?

How do I insert/include/execute the Performance (or any other) INF?

Should I stick to 81.85 or try latest drivers such as this 82.10?

Thanks very much in advance!

81.85, 81.87 or 81.89 seem to be the best at the moment, so best bet is to stick to these.

To include the performance inf, download the driver self-extractor and the inf. Extract the driver and replace the inf file with the performance one you downloaded. Now just run the setup as normal.

Performance infs on the above drivers are fine, on newer drivers they run a little faster but detract from image quality much more significantly.

The quality drivers look fantastic, but you take a serious performance hit for it.

Guest Mark Dyson

Well, running a HP zd7280, Go 5700 vidcard. The 82.10 drivers with the quality enhanced inf caused some problems with an older game (Ruins of Myth Drannor) but were okay otherwise. Re-installed with the standard mod inf, problem went away. Tested great in Blitzkrieg2, and with Lightwave 8.5 (3D modeling program that's heavily OpenGL). Great stuff!

Installed the 82.10 drivers with modded inf (standard) from this site. For the most part these drivers work great on my dell I8600 with Geforce 5200go 64MB. Only problem I'm having is I can't seem to get the external monitor to display on the port replicator when I hot dock. If I reboot, it works no problem.

I can hot undock and it swtiches to the laptop display. But not in the reverse; close the lappy lid, hot dock and expect the external monitor to dosplay instead of the lappy.

I must be missing some entries in the inf to enable dock support ???

Any advice?

Just as an update this only happens when I use Pieter's INF version 31.01 for 82.10

If I use the stock Dell 82.10 INF it works fine, but of course isnt as well tuned as Pieter's version and doesn't have all the same features.

I'm guessing this is something to do with primary monitor enable but not sure.

Any ideas guys ?

Try the latest modded INF for this driver. (v31.09)

This has a few fixes for external devices and remembering their settings

See first post for link.

I just tried it with the 31.09 inf but it doesn't work either. The original dell inf does tho.

Do you think if post the dell inf you could add the tweaks and settings to enable the same menus and options to the Dell inf. I'm thinking that would work and still keep the APR working the way ot's supposed to.

Thanks for your help. I really do appreciate it.

dell_nvdm.inf

You asked and thou shall receive :)

[uPDATE] uploaded the right INF this time :)

nvdm.inf

Just tried it but it doesnt work. I'm wondering if you posted the wrong inf by mistake. It says v 31.06.

Also the original dell inf I posted was 114.56k and your was 81.64k.

I just want to take the original dell inf and add all the menus and options from your version and if needed any additional tweaks. For example on the dell inf tools, temp and videooverlay menus aren't there....etc.

Tried it using setup as well the have disk method just to be sure.

Thanks again for your help. You're great !

Here's an update; I reinstalled using the original dell inf and the docking station & ext monitor are working correctly. I managed to get all the menus like tools, powermizer to show. The only things that I know that aren't there is in Videooverlay the VMR isn't there. I'd like to enable that and the GPU temp page isn't there at all. Is there a registry entry I can make to enable this ?

So i think I have 2 options, make some reg entries to enable these features or try to add them to the original dell inf and reinstall. I just dont know how.

Sorry for all the trouble, but I really need to able to hotdock n go because I use it a lot at the office and at home.

Thanks again for your help.

Add these two lines to the Control Panel section of your inf:

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak", NVCplShowEnableVMR, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak", NvCplThermalSettings,%REG_DWORD%, 3

Whoops, I attached the wrong INF.

I have attached the right one this time (see above)

It should have everything working

This will learn me for doing too many things at once :)