LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v82.10 XP 32bit | DELL

mobilenvidia

I have a Dell XPS Gen 2 with Nvidia 6800 ultra Go. I updated driver to 82.10 and used INF that came with driver. the way i installed was to click on setup in the folder which i extracted. after startup i try to play BF2 or CS:S and I always get my screen full of Lines while it freezes. I had the same prob with WoW but I just made it run in Windowed mode and it runs ok some of the time. If anyone else has the same spec as me, please tell me eha tu used to make it work.

post-2628-1138687941_thumb.jpg

post-2628-1138688008_thumb.jpg

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Bill

• MiB

• Kamika007z

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try 82.12 or 83.40.

• 3 weeks later...

well I tried 83.40, and my video never worked again. Had to order a new video card, 6800 ultra go. $399. sucked. now reverted to 82.10 works fine. but in BF2 i notice lines when i move or shoot. i heard that the AA needs to be turned to max. is that true. does anyone have a xps gen2?

Another reason not to recommend the 83.40 driver. (still find hard to believe a graphics card driver caused the card to fail, could have overheated)

Anyway try the 82.12 driver, or 81.98.

• 1 month later...

hi,

I have a laptop DELL M70.

I'm on Windows 2000 with 78.11 DELL Drivers.

I would like to install the 82.10.

But it fails and after the installation, the laptop stays on 16 bits and 800x600. (the only option).

Nvidia display drivers service is stopped.

:) What's the problem ?? :)

Do i have to turn around my chair 3 times and yell a strange song ?

:P :(

I would recommend the 84.25 drivers with Pieter's mod INF.

What card do you have anyway?

I have deleted your other topic and kept this post as it pertains to a 82.10 failure. (so it belongs in this topic)

Only one post is neccessary, we see all of the posts.

Only if we don't answer after 2 or 3 days should you bump or ask a question over again.

Also, last time I checked I didn't have to sing a strange song to install the drivers. :)

You do have to pay your respects to the mysticle moddified INF file though. :( :P :)

I would recommend the 84.25 drivers with Pieter's mod INF.

What card do you have anyway?

I have deleted your other topic and kept this post as it pertains to a 82.10 failure. (so it belongs in this topic)

Only one post is neccessary, we see all of the posts.

Only if we don't answer after 2 or 3 days should you bump or ask a question over again.

Also, last time I checked I didn't have to sing a strange song to install the drivers. :)

You do have to pay your respects to the mysticle moddified INF file though. :( :( :)

Thx a lot , and sorry for my other post, i was lost.

It works now, after a good night of sleep (and perhaps a hard reboot ? )

Tell me the truth : you sing for me ? :P

Edited by GGcc