LaptopVideo2Go Forums

slow perfomance + latitude d800 with fx 5650

useport80

hey all,

i am new here. but i have been reading and surfing on here for a while. attached is my NERD logfile. i am currently running on the 5650 drivers from dells website. [R88799.exe].version 6.14.10.6742 and everything works great.

dell updated their drivers to the 78.11 a lil while ago but when i install them i get lots of choppiness when i run world of warcraft or just warcraft 3. in all resolutions and all detail settings. it just runs very slow and choppy.. the studdering happens every 1-2 seconds if not more frequently. i have downloaded the 78.11 and modded inf from this site and i still get the same choppiness.

maybe its something im doing wrong. or perhaps im using the wrong drivers or files. i generally uninstall the nvidia drivers then use drivercleaner to remove all nvidia references out of the registry, reboot, then install the new drivers.

the 78.11's seem fine. windows and video plays fine but i get the choppiness when i play games.

any know which drivers and modded inf(if necessary) i should be using for a latitude d800 with a geforce gx5650 video chip??

please let me know. thanks alll

LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.txt