LaptopVideo2Go Forums

xps Gen 2 6800 to 7800?

maddbomber83

Anyone seen any info on wether or not we can upgrade our XPS Gen 2 (already own) with the 7800 go? Or know anywhere where to buy just the card?

• 5 months later...
Anyone seen any info on wether or not we can upgrade our XPS Gen 2 (already own) with the 7800 go? Or know anywhere where to buy just the card?

If your VGA is MXM compatible... You can upgrade...

Try Ebay ehhe :)

I dont know where you can buy..

In Brazil dont have stores for this ahuahuhau

• 2 weeks later...

You can put the 7800 and 7800 GTX gos in the 9300/XPS Gen2 M170, go read the news section topic on the I9300 max out guide. If you have a M170 you should be good to go upgrading it.

If you want something faster you will have to wait for newer cards from Dell (newer than 7800 GTX go).

Also this laptop series from Dell that all share the same mobo, none of them have MXM, so you will be left behind sooner or later...

The performance of go 7800(without GTX) is similar as 6800go. However, you can overclocking it from 250/650 to 350/900,and it has worked well in my laptop now.

• 2 weeks later...

Dell now has the 7900 GTX go, 512 MB I think for their new M1710.

I am not sure yet if it is compatible with the M170, but it probably is, or atleast will fit in there (mobo compatibility problem likely)

Go do some searching before you plunk down case on that thing.

Dell now has the 7900 GTX go, 512 MB I think for their new M1710.

I am not sure yet if it is compatible with the M170, but it probably is, or atleast will fit in there (mobo compatibility problem likely)

Go do some searching before you plunk down case on that thing.

Please, explain in detail about it. I`ll buy 7900gtx go at Dell. Is it possible now?