LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia GF 6800 GO 256mb vs. EQ

Guest jaffy72

Guest jaffy72

Anyone know what i need to do to get my Dell Inspiron 9300, (1gb ram, 100gbHD, Nvidia 6800GO, 1.73mhz Directx9.0c) to run EQ1? I tried the 81.85 with optional INF, and it runs SLOW, very SLOW. Need to know if anyone can recommend a driver that can run EQ1 normal on this PC.

Guest jaffy72

PS. I tried Dell's website for updates on Drivers, wasnt much help, as well as used the 81.50, 81.87, 82.10, and 81.82 from laptopvideo2go. Since i bought the system primarily for Everquest, i'll most likely send it back by tuesday if i cant find a way to run EQ1 on it =x.

Don't return the new laptop, we should be able to find a fix, a user in another topic has the same problem I will try to look into it, they want me to register or something to download the demo, stupid stuff.

Anyway it might be fixeable with 3danylizer or with software rendering if the game supports it.

If the game does not run it is the game programmers fault for releasing a terribly programmed game.

Instant message me on friday or this weekend and we might be able to fix it using 3Danylizer. (live discussion is needed to test it, I also might be able to test it myself this weekend, my brother has an IXPS Gen2 with the 7800GTXGo so we might test it on that also)

Guest jaffy72

Im a moron. EQ had a client file *like almost all games*, and the client file my friend gave me, i forgot to remove, so i named that one EQclient.ini.old, started the game, and it created a new EQclient.ini. The game runs flawlessly. TY for the offer to help tho, im not that laptop savvy so ill most likely be back.