LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nvsvc32.exe errors

alexandertyler

Hi everybody, I'm new to the forums. My quest for updated drivers led me here through google.

I have a problem with NVSVC32.exe hanging on Windows XP SP2 shutdown. Using NERD I will show you examples of the hangs and errors I've been having.

Specific Examples Without Posting Entire Log:

Time Type Details

10/30/2005 5:29 PM Application Error Faulting application nvsvc32.exe, version 6.14.10.8210, faulting module nvsvc32.exe, version 6.14.10.8210, fault address 0x00008226.

10/30/2005 3:28 PM Application Error Faulting application nvsvc32.exe, version 6.14.10.8210, faulting module nvsvc32.exe, version 6.14.10.8210, fault address 0x00008226.

It's some kind of reading memory error. I read elsewhere on this forum to run services.msc from the RUN command in Windows and disable it. I did that but when it came time to upgrade drivers it gave me issues so I had to re-enable it.

I overclocked my machine only yesterday but the errors started about 1 week ago after some driver upgrades. 81.84 -> 81.85 -> 81.87 -> 82.10. I used Driver Cleaner Pro and cleared out the Nvidia drivers (did not clear out Nvidia WDM as was unsure what that was) and also did a cab clean.

Still getting error on shutdown. I only posted my most recent errors but have a log available if needed.

Anybody out there with any advice?

Thanks in advance for the help!

-- Alex

THANKS!

I guess it's nothing serious then. I'll just leave it. Still, I wonder why it happens at all. I am assuming it is a driver/inf related problem. Is it because it's beta and not WHQL certified? I just shut it down manually before I logoff. Still, I feel a bit antsy whenever I see something about not being able to read memory. If anybody else has any ideas or suggestions please feel free to post.

Thanks again.

-- Alex

I don't think it's a WHQL problem. I suspect one of the infs in your upgrades last week might have a bug, but there's no way to tell which one it might have been. You can always uninstall the driver via the Windows Control Panel, then reinstall it from scratch (non-upgrade) and see if it helps.

Yeah, I've tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail. I guess I'll just wait till the next driver release and do a clean install then. Thanks for the advice!

-- Alex

Just wanted to let you guys know that it is definitely a driver/inf issue. I uninstalled my 81.87 drivers and replaced them with my original installation CD drivers and the NVSVC32.exe errors went away. I just did this out of curiosity and have hence brought back the 81.87 drivers. Hopefully this will be addressed in the next driver release though.

-- Alex

Okay... Thanks, Alex. We'll try to track it down.

:)

• 2 months later...
Guest Soramin

Yeah I am having the same issues. NVSVC32.EXE errors on shutdown. I have also tracked it down to something in the latest mods. After exhaustive trial and error with 81.98, 81.95, 82.10, 82.10 I get the same results. Only the default driver from Dell works. (I have a Inspiron 9300 with 6800 /256meg Ram)

Look forward to an update that resolves this.

Keep up the modding - gaming would not be the same without you !!