LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Moniter not turning off when shut

Guest iron_monkey

Guest iron_monkey

I've been wanting to use 56.72 drivers for gaming purposes...ive tried 6x and 7x but glitches etc appear...4x have some slow downs in windowed mode and less functionality...i would really like to stick with this 56.72 but the only thing stopping me from using this driver permantly is when i close my laptop...the monitor stays on and does not go off...ive set to "no action when close lid" in toshiba console and this have been working in all other drivers except 5x series (only tested 5672 and 5303)...if i set it to "stand by"...it works and goes to stand by...but if set to no action the monitor does not power off...when it suppose to...some light on this would be appreaciated...am i the only one affected or care about 5x drivers anymore?

or maybe some help compiling my own INF to fix this...though im not use to programing/scripting/coding/etc...

Im using drivers 56.72 and tried INF's:

1)custom black bar fix php generator=does not power down monitor/standby ok

2)included starstorm inf/dll from drivers=black bar problem/monitor goes off/standby ok

3)original_v56.72_infs included in drivers (not OEM)=no powerdown of monitor/standby ok

laptop spec:

toshiba satelite 5105-s701

Geforce4 440mx Go 64mb

bios i believe is 4.17.00.41.C7

WinXP SP1 (tested on SP2 and not working either, but downgraded)

1.8ghz,512ram,60gb hd,current drivers 56.72 with original_infs (not OEM)

offical toshiba console rls (not sure of version...dont have laptop with me currently)

Run the attached regedit to make the needed registry change. We didn't start including it in our infs until the 6x driver series.

Backlight_Fix.reg

Guest iron_monkey

reg file didnt do anything...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\LidCloseSetPower

was in the reg file and didnt do anything...i check regedit before i installed the reg file and the above line was already there...should i try remove it? ill c what happens when removing it...thank u for the effort though...still open if anyone has more suggestions...

Removing the key won't change anything. It sounds like your Toshiba just doesn't respond to it.

One other thing you can try: Leave the key in place. Go into the Device Manager and uninstall all three monitors that you'll find listed there. (There should be two Default monitors and one Plug & Play monitor.) Reboot and let the monitors reinstall themselves automatically. Reboot once more, then test to see if it works.

Guest iron_monkey

i appreaciate the help...but i went and tried 5779 drivers...since they were rls by toshiba...and bamn :) ...it now goes off when i close the lid...driver works fine...except standby does not return...and tried the fix too and neither work...though im satisfied with the monitor alone and i dont use standby mode...

ill try what u mentioned though and see what happens...thx again

For your stanby problem, have you tried this?

Guest iron_monkey

^^^

for the 4779 drivers...the 2 or 3 fix did not do anything...weird...but the uninstall moniter didnt do anything either...BUT...i did solve my problem...

i downgraded from 5779 back to 5672 and use Pieter's INF first to install...but that resulted with the blackbar problem...then i installed it again with the blackbar fix from the php...and NOW...the monitor goes off when i close the lid...very weird...

only thing is when the monitor powers down...the moniter flickers and static (for about 2 seconds) like its going to break before it shuts off...again weird...also standby works again!!

so if this helps anyone else using 5672 driver or similar problem try using the modded inf first before goin to the php generator fix...

thx again to Kamika007z and LSudlow...good to c the site growing and doing better...keep up the work...also glad to c the remotex project being picked up again! :)

Guest iron_monkey

the above did not work actually...i guess it was that backlight problem u was talking about...cuz the screen did go off...it just went black but the monitor was still on...not turn off'd...so i went back to drivers 5779...and double checked the standby fix...original it was 3...manually changed it to 2...and standby worked...

so im sticking with 57.79 drivers...