LaptopVideo2Go Forums

What is a modded INF? What is the Performance and Quality INF?

mobilenvidia

Do you use admin privileges?

Guest Elsewhere
Do you use admin privileges?

Yes. Admin account.

Also, when I went to update, instead of rolling back the driver, I have accidently deleated it!

Now my lappy cannot "see" the nvidia device.

So I have plenty of new driver updates, but my pc cannot see the card.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
You will need to edit the version number in the INF if Pieter hasn't made one yet. You can use an INF from a similar version number, edit the version number and use it.

You should be able to do that without any major issues.

But we usually get the INFs up pretty quickly. If you know of a driver that we don't have here, just tell us about it and we will grab it and make a mod INF.

To sum it up, matching INFs aren't required because they are mostly very similar to each other, but you should always try to use the INF that goes with the driver.

It essentially is required unless you mod a different INF. If you don't mod the non-matching INF, I am pretty sure it will not install.

I have an Nvidia Quadro FX 3700M, installed in a Dell Precision M6400 laptop running Vista 64bit. I don't see a listing for this model...is there another INF I can use/tweak (any guidance on the tweaking would be greatly appreciated)

Thanks in advance.

This:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/185se...520_vista64.exe

with this:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/infs/185seri...a64/nv_disp.inf

does support FX 3700M. Didn't bother to check how many earlier drivers do it, too.

• 3 months later...
Guest Guest

i have a brand new acer notebook with a nvidia gforce g105m on it but i tried to update drivers form nvidia.com however when i try to install it first it says your operating system is not vista x32 then it just installed the sound drivers of hdmi out...i'm not sure that i could find the exact driver for my graphic card on your site and also i did not understand why i can not able to install the official driver??before you ask my operating system is vista x32 and graphic card is geforce g105m.How can i fix this problem?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ok I think I may have posted my question in another thread and should have placed it here. Newbie mistake

I have a HP 8710w actually I have 510 of them (well the Army Game Project does) that we use for LAN events. Until now there has not been an issue playing Americas Army vs 2.8.xx. However, as some of you may have read, there has been a significant change in the game structure-biggest is the use of the U3 engine in the game. Each of the computers has a Quadro FX 1600M.

Can no longer play the game. Black screen, lock ups etc etc. I am going to assume that this is caused by the video card. I know that these are, by design, CAD VCs but its way to expensive to change out 510 new laptops. Would like to know how to force my systems to think its not a Quadro :)

Am I in the right place for someone to assist with this

papa

Install a driver via have disk method (FAQ), choose 8700M GT as your card.

• 10 months later...
Guest HelplessLoser

GeForce 8400 GT

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0426&&SUBSYS_9005104D

W7/64bit

Driver 197.01_win7x64 is on server but not the INF

Searching the modded INF?

• 2 months later...
Guest satellite12

All drivers come with an "Installation INF(ormation) file".

This tells the installer how to install the driver.

The INF has the instructions to what files to copy and where.

It will also setup settings to install with.

The INF also has a list of products that it will install for.

nVidia provides UDA (Unified Driver Architecture) where the driver should work for all their released GPUs.

So the driver itself will support ALL GPUs, but the INF the driver comes with will only support a selected set of GPU

nVidia by default don't support laptop GPUs with beta and WHQL driver updates on their server.

This is left up to the OEM to organize. I assume nVidia must charge to have an OEM driver made or be included, as they are very rear for OEM to actually update a video driver.

So an OEM driver has specific instructions for that laptop (ie model specific) and will only work with a select few laptops.

So a Toshiba OEM driver with a toshiba INF (nvts.inf) will only work with the models included in that INF.

For an constantly updated overview of ODM/OEM INFs found by us in drivers go HERE.

This is where we come in.

We have made up a database of all the GPUs that nVidia have made or are about to make (or were going to make but abandoned).

This database we then split up into sections, Mobile, TNT, Desktop, and Quadros.

We then added the tweaks that are needed to make each of those work.

Then as part of another project we collected the settings to enable everything that is hidden inside the driver.

You can now overclock, use VMR and many other little tweaks, that nVidia normally keeps hidden or only makes available to OEMs.

We combine the 2 sections above to enable all tweaks to all GPUs.

And what you see then is the modded INF that you download seperately.

The modded INF will install on any machine, it should work normaly most of the time.

Some machines may need additional tweaks or different settings, there are 1000's of possibilities.

So sometimes a feature may not work unless you fiddle with the driver or the INF settings.

I have in the INF many possible fixes included that may need to be enabled if you experience problems.

Now, you will need a modded INF if you have a:

Laptop and want to install any other driver other than the driver specific for your machine.

Desktop or Quadro and you want to try a OEM laptop driver.

TNT based desktop and want to try a 8x.xx+ driver.

Laptop or Desktop and you want to try a Quadro based driver.

I hope this explains what INFs are and how they work and what is changed to make them work for everybody.

Guest satellite12

Can you provide the actual instructions to get a GeForce 5200 card to work with Windows 7 32-bit? I have a Toshiba Laptop (Satellite M35-S320). Does the PC maker even make a difference? What driver and what INF file do I need to install to make my card work with Win 7? How should they be modified and how do we name the files so that they overwrite and install correctly? Please provide the installation instructions too.

Thanks for the help!!

Look at Larry's Inf for Dell with go5200, perhaps there is something for you.

• 1 month later...
Guest Denis791

I have a laptop HP DV7000 with geforce 8600M GS, just installed windows 7 because it was freezing in game and i cant update the nvidia driver..it doesnt restart..blank screen i got when i restart it.

i tried 197.16 and 258.96 with modifed inf...and still the same.

someone can help me?

thanks

Denis

• 8 months later...

Hi guys, may I know if the webpages hosting the INF files are down? I cannot seem to find the INFs at the moment! Thanks..

Edited by Rykel Lim

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So on the "have disk" method, I'm at step 4, the part where all the gpus are being listed. In those list I don't have my gpu name in there, which is the NVIDIA 650M. Should I just select any one of those listed gpus and click "next" or what should I do?

I'm not sure because usually I don't use have disk method but if I were you after I click "browse" I would select the inf you downloaded and replaced into the driver folder. By the way with these new drivers you need to copy the moddified inf not to the main driver folder but to the "display.driver" folder where all the other infs are.

So on the "have disk" method, I'm at step 4, the part where all the gpus are being listed. In those list I don't have my gpu name in there, which is the NVIDIA 650M. Should I just select any one of those listed gpus and click "next" or what should I do?

I made a modded INF for Samsung 6XX M GPU's here http://forum.notebookreview.com/gaming-software-graphics-cards/670304-nvidia-gt-650m-benchmarks-2.html#post8609066