LaptopVideo2Go Forums

which inf

99GrandAmSE

Didn't know where to post this...but since i have a go driven laptop...here seemed like a good idea...

when ..updating my drivers, which INF should i use? cuz i have a 5150, and i'm looking for the best performence? so whats the difference between the posted INF's here on the site? Thank you

KYLE

You'll find several infs customized for the Inspiron 5150 on the this page:

Infs Customized for Inspiron 5150/5160

If you want the fastest driver with great compatibility, use driver 67.66 with the nv4_disp inf from that page.

If you want a newer driver, not quite as fast, but with better support for watching video content, use driver 72.14 with the nv4_HV_disp inf from the same page.

If you want the latest technology, try driver 82.10 with nv4_PMX_disp inf from the same page. You can play with the new control panel, but you'll lack a functioning PowerMizer capability, which pretty much defeats the purpose of a mobile GPU.

I personally use 67.66. I try every driver that comes along and haven't yet found anything better for the Inspiron 5150.